This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gou'ald technology question..

With the Gou'ald hand device, starting with apophis, we saw a personal shield device that made the user practically impenetrable, except with slow moving objects, strangly similar to dune, but anyways... why hasn't the SGC, Area-51, or the NID come up with some scheme to allow us to have personal shields, i know we've captured at least 1 or 2 gou'ald hand devices. Well, those things are pretty nifty.
    -jerv

Goa'uld tech requires the user to have naquada in their bloodstream.
    [email protected]
    http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
    One nation under dog
    There of which I stand alone
    A face in the crowd
    Unsung, against the mold
    Without a doubt
    Singled out
    The only way I know

Comment

not only the naquaduh but not all hand devices have a shield capability.

Comment

Another good point auir999!
        [email protected]

One nation under dog
        A face in the crowd
        Unsung, against the mold
        Without a doubt
        Singled out
        The only way I know

Comment

I think the hand device Ra had didn't have the shield. That's why he got the kids to act as a human shield for him. I wonder why the system lords don't have that in the series. It really would say something about their characters.

Are there any Goa'uld without hand devices? I know Nyerti was never seen with one.

Comment

Seth had one, although I doubt he's the kind of guy who'd hesitate to use slaves as a shield.
            [email protected]

One nation under dog
            A face in the crowd
            Unsung, against the mold
            Without a doubt
            Singled out
            The only way I know

Comment

The personal shield was originally a new innovation; Teal'c had never seen one, despite serving Apophis for decades. Then Marduk turned out to have one in The Tomb.

It's also possible that the shield isn't on the hand device, just the controller. The jewel on the back of the device seems to operate as something of a universal remote after all.

The main issue is that Goa'uld tech only works for Goa'uld: You need naquadah in your blood. They managed to make the communication sphere work without, but that was not exactly a man-portable system and the sphere is usable by Jaffa anyway, so isn't quite as restricted as a ribbon device.
              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by 1138
                I think the hand device Ra had didn't have the shield. That's why he got the kids to act as a human shield for him. I wonder why the system lords don't have that in the series. It really would say something about their characters.

Are there any Goa'uld without hand devices? I know Nyerti was never seen with one.
                Anubis also doesn't use a hand device.So why don't they give one to Carter and O'Neill.We know that they had a Tok'ra inside them and so they should be able to use Goa'uld technology.From O'Neill I'm not sure.I know he had a Tok'ra in him but it was never mentioned that he got naquahdah in his blood.So why don't they give it to Carter?She can opperate healing devices and hand devices.If she had one maybe she could save Fraiser with it.Or with a hand device she could push some Jaffa away!Fight fire with fire So fight Goa'uld with their own technology.Ai it's not their technology they just stole it.
                Lord Zedd

Comment

Sam almost killed Daniel with the healing device and her control of the hand device is limited; frankly she's doing much better with a P90. A hand device is useful if you want to terrorise your slaves, but not much cop against a room full of angry Jaffa.

I don't think that Jack can use Goa'uld tech or sense other Goa'uld; Kanan didn't die inside him and so his body didn't break down leaving the protein marker and the naquadah in his bloodstream. Such is my presumption, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                    Sam almost killed Daniel with the healing device and her control of the hand device is limited; frankly she's doing much better with a P90. A hand device is useful if you want to terrorise your slaves, but not much cop against a room full of angry Jaffa.

I don't think that Jack can use Goa'uld tech or sense other Goa'uld; Kanan didn't die inside him and so his body didn't break down leaving the protein marker and the naquadah in his bloodstream. Such is my presumption, anyway.
                    He may not have the marker, but he should still have naquada in his system. Osiris didn't die in Sarah's body, but she used Goa'uld technology

It just requires a blending, most likely. Since In Early season 2, the blending never finished, he didn't get any Naquada from the symbiote.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                      He may not have the marker, but he should still have naquada in his system. Osiris didn't die in Sarah's body, but she used Goa'uld technology
                      You what? When?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                        The personal shield was originally a new innovation; Teal'c had never seen one, despite serving Apophis for decades. Then Marduk turned out to have one in The Tomb.
                        I THINK Osiris also had one, which was stored in the pyramid for presumably many thousands of years. (I can't remember if it was the shield or the force wave that blocked the shots they fired).

I suppose Teal'c had never seen the shield used because up until he betrayed Apophis, the Goa'uld didn't have the need to use the personal shield. They were worshipped as gods and so no one dared to shoot at them. We know they had the shield device, so it's probably that they didn't use it much.

Comment

Maybe old snake boy never used it while Teal'c was around. Or just got a new one (like someone mentioned before).
                          Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
                          www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
                          2 Cor 4:7

Comment

Originally posted by Axle
                            Maybe old snake boy never used it while Teal'c was around. Or just got a new one (like someone mentioned before).
                            I'm betting Apophis got the personal shield upgrade as a Christmas present from his new first prime after Teal'c left. Teal'c strikes me more as the type that would give those tele-ball thingys.

Maybe one of the problems with reverse engineering the personal shield technology (beyond the Naquadah thing) is that you have to remain stationary while using it. I'm trying to remember if any of the Goa'ulds that have used it have actually been seen walking once they have activiated it. If SG units couldn't move once it was activated, that could be a serious problem since they are almost always outnumbered by Jaffa. The Jaffa could just surround the SG team members and wait for the shield to run out of power. Anyway, just a thought on what might explain why the SGC hasn't tried to exploit this technology on the show.
                            There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

I really hate the term 'Goa'uld Technology.' The Goa'uld never built a thing. Those lazy ass snakes usurped everything they have or ever had.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X