This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Caprica' never to air?

According to backed-up sources on Wikipedia (bottom paragraph), it looks like Caprica will never see it in to production.

I sort of had a feeling this would happen after no news came following the initial Caprica announcement.

I feel it is such an opportunity; to see more of Caprican society, to see the Cylons' birth and founding philosophies, and I'd wager the Galactica in its prime, too!

:'(

Can we trust wikipedia here? I say let's wait and see.

Comment

It says that a movie or DVD release is still possible, and the Caprica is on back-burner. I wouldn't be surprised if something came out in a few years.

Originally posted by Blower'sGate View Post
      Can we trust wikipedia here? I say let's wait and see.
      Wikipedia can't produce a fake interview with Moore. Wikipedia is actually quite reliable when it comes to properly cited information, it's the uncited claims that generally turn out to be rumor.

Comment

Yeah, I did say "backed up sources". Well, I would've expected it to be nearing airing to coincide with the new BSG season - look at Atlantis speeding alongside SG-1.

Read 'back-burner' as: it's not going to happen but if we say that, we'll get too much of an uproar.

Sci-fi have made so many bad calls with air dates and times and what to put on and what not to put on (resulting in the demise of SG-1 and a drop in BSG ratings), you'd think they've had learnt their lesson by now.

Comment

I heard a little about the show. I think that it might be produced after BSG wraps its final season. I also heard that they are planning a movie aabout the Pegusas. Whatever they decide I am looking forward to seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by griffindorgirl View Post
            I heard a little about the show. I think that it might be produced after BSG wraps its final season. I also heard that they are planning a movie aabout the Pegusas. Whatever they decide I am looking forward to seeing.
            Razor is a movie about the Pegasus, coming in November of this year. Is that what you mean?

Comment

I think it's unlikely to become a TV show but might because a TV movie or a series of TV movies.

Comment

well i hope it does go into production

Comment

I for one won't be holding my breath waiting for Caprica to ever air. I sadly just don't see it happening.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

after the dull plot twists in s2 and dull soap in s2, the bsg fanbase eroded

Comment

BSG had cheap costumes, it once had a good story arc but when the story got flushed down the toilet fans walked away, BSG also had cheap sets and a boring soap opera plot, this is why Caprica will never air
                      Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                      They had to fake the ratings
                      They had to fake the ratings.
                      Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Cheap costumes? The costumes are no better or worse than any other sci fi. Kind of a lame criticism.

I think they might start Caprica after BSG ends. Sci Fi does have a lot on their plate at the moment with new seasons starting, the SG1 movies, and the Pegasus movie. I don't think its unlikely that their may be a BSG movie of some sort after BSG ends. I just think the network may have too much going on to start developing or producing Caprica at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by ATrain View Post
                          Cheap costumes? The costumes are no better or worse than any other sci fi. Kind of a lame criticism.

I think they might start Caprica after BSG ends. Sci Fi does have a lot on their plate at the moment with new seasons starting, the SG1 movies, and the Pegasus movie. I don't think its unlikely that their may be a BSG movie of some sort after BSG ends. I just think the network may have too much going on to start developing or producing Caprica at the moment.
                          FYI, Sci-Fi Channel has nothing to do with the SG-1 movies (thank God!) MGM backed them.

I just feel that the odds of us ever seeing what "Caprica" was supposed to be are very slim.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            FYI, Sci-Fi Channel has nothing to do with the SG-1 movies (thank God!) MGM backed them.

I just feel that the odds of us ever seeing what "Caprica" was supposed to be are very slim.

Alright, but I assume Sci Fi will air the SG1 movies (maybe I'm wrong again). So what I'm saying is there's a lot for some people to get excited about (maybe) on Sci Fi in the next 6 months and Sci Fi could be saving Carpica as something new for next year 2008-2009.

Comment

Originally posted by ATrain View Post
                              Alright, but I assume Sci Fi will air the SG1 movies (maybe I'm wrong again). So what I'm saying is there's a lot for some people to get excited about (maybe) on Sci Fi in the next 6 months and Sci Fi could be saving Carpica as something new for next year 2008-2009.
                              As of right now, you are (no big deal though). As far as anyone knows right now, Sci-Fi has no involvement yet in airing the SG-1 movies. They will come out on DVD first. At some point though, they may eventually air on Sci-Fi.

I wouldn't mind at all seeing Caprica, as maybe a movie or mini-series.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X