This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Four Great Races

I have to Questions on the Four great race alliance.

1 Does anyone know the time the alliance started between the four great races Asgard,Ancients,Furlings,Nox?

2 What do you think each race contributed to the alliance?
    sigpic

Hmm...It's never really been said...just that there were 4 great powerful alliances that allied with eachother.

And all we know so far is that they shared knowledge...I don't think they shared technology except the use of the Stargate which was created by the Ancients.
    I Am Locutus_Of_Borg Resistance Is Futile, Hallowed Are The Ori, We Go Out With Our Phasers Firing

[QUE] Founder/Admin - Observation Of Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Entanglement On Supraquantum Structures By Induction Through Nonlinear Transuranic Crystal Of Extremely Long Wavelength Pulse From Mode-Locked Source Array

Comment

Good questions!

Neither of them have yet been answered.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Keep in mind that the Asgard were very young in comparison to the Ancients. Obviously the alliance (that included the Asgard) in this galaxy only started once the Asgard had travelled here. We know from the Heimdall (sp?) episode that the Asgard have travelled space for only (!) a couple of dozen millenia or so, thus they would have become part of the (assuming previously existing) alliance of three cultures.

In theory the Nox and the Furling are also creations of the Ancients, given that the Ancients had to reseed intelligent life in this galaxy after the plague.

Thus there is a good reason the Ancients are called the "Ancients".

We can also assume that those four races were the only ones capable of galaxy wide travel, or else some of the other (friendly) species (that have been explored in the series) would have been included in the alliance.

Comment

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
          Keep in mind that the Asgard were very young in comparison to the Ancients. Obviously the alliance (that included the Asgard) in this galaxy only started once the Asgard had travelled here. We know from the Heimdall (sp?) episode that the Asgard have travelled space for only (!) a couple of dozen millenia or so, thus they would have become part of the (assuming previously existing) alliance of three cultures.

In theory the Nox and the Furling are also creations of the Ancients, given that the Ancients had to reseed intelligent life in this galaxy after the plague.

Thus there is a good reason the Ancients are called the "Ancients".

We can also assume that those four races were the only ones capable of galaxy wide travel, or else some of the other (friendly) species (that have been explored in the series) would have been included in the alliance.

i think it was 30,000 years ago that the asgard sent ships away i guess with sublight engines and cryogenic storage. it could be assumed one of these ships was intercepted by the alterans, and therefore it probably was not long after that that the asgard joined the alliance, also there is nothing to prove that all the races joined at the same time, and with our limited information on the nox and furlings it would be impossible to estimate times for their joining.
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

don't know when.

The ancients brought knowledge (alot)
            The asgard brought "the desire to do the right thing"
            The nox brought "spiritualism" in a sense
            The furlings brought a kind of cheesy dip and pringles
            sigpic
            EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
            -Liberty Prime

Comment

Working...