No announcement yet.

Trekkers/Gaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Star Trek mainly when I went through one of my major sci fi phases when I was like 6 or 7. I still watch it now and then, but not as faithfully as I do Stargate.
    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

I enjoyed TOS in all its cheesy technicolour glory. I thought TNG had some truly wonderful moments, and at its worst it was still a very good way to spend 40 minutes. Voyager had far fewer wonderful moments and a good deal of dross. Enterprise is also very patchy, but you know what? I don't notice poor quality writing as long as there are fellas in blue undies to be distracted by

DS9 had incredible potential, and started off very... plodding. Then they decided to introduce ongoing plots (B5's influence?) and things perked up. It really got better and better until it was (IMO) far and away the best of the Treks. I loved how it was Trek with all its component parts drawn from TOS and TNG but was able to go in directions they never had. Pale Moonlight for instance. And I have to mention Trials and Tribbleations, I haven't had so much fun watching any other ep of Trek ever.

I've never even touched Trek fandom, I only fell into this one by accident and haven't time for more so I'd not have a clue how Trekkies in general see Stargate. I'd guess that most Stargate fans do like Trek, at least in one of its various incarnations - I'm sure I see more positive than negative about it.

Madeleine

Comment

I love both... well, better said, I love SG-1, Atlantis, TOS, and TNG... DS9 was on and off with me... Voyager was not even in the ball park, Never seen enterprise...

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
          I don't notice poor quality writing as long as there are fellas in blue undies to be distracted by
          LOL! I think Enterprise's costumes department is compensating for all the catsuits over the years...
          [email protected]
          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
          One nation under dog
          There of which I stand alone
          A face in the crowd
          Unsung, against the mold
          Without a doubt
          Singled out
          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
            LOL! I think Enterprise's costumes department is compensating for all the catsuits over the years...
            Hee! If that's the case, then I can look forward to years and YEARS of blue undies.

Allison

Comment

I watch, and enjoy both. I also prefer the term Trekker.
              Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
              www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
              2 Cor 4:7

Comment

I watched every episode of TNG. That was my favourite. Neither DS9 nor Voyager have held any interest for me, so I only watched a few early seasons. DS9 just couldn't compare with B5 and I watched that instead. Voyager just became really flat and repetitive, and the Borg were ruined. What ever happened to the Borg we saw in early TNG? Those were awesome.

I've also seen every ep of Enterprise. It could have been a lot better though, but I enjoy it more than DS9 or Voyager. I keep watching it because I want to see proper "prequel" qualities (and it has had a few which were good, like the Romulans in one episode and the Vulcan/Andorian story).

I find Stargate to be more entertaining but the production values aren't as good as the Trek ones. The humour is just great, something that's lacking in Trek. And I think the main characters have better chemistry.

Comment

Yeah, I have seen every TNG episode at least once (The only one's I've seen only once is Chain of Command Pt. 1 and 2, and don't want to see them again...the tourture is far to..real).

Yes, Voyager did ruin the Borg.
                  Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
                  www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
                  2 Cor 4:7

Comment

I only became interested in Stargate after my wife and I finished going through DS9 on DVDs and wanted something with the same kind of substance. But I am looking forward to giving this season of Enterprise a try ... Manny Coto looks like he has some good ideas and seems to have a deep respect for where Trek started (Rick Berman, on the other hand, will be the first to admit he's no great fan of the original series). So i was wondering if anyone else is planning on giving ENT one last chance, or if its too little too late.

Comment

Once upon a time, I was a huge fan of Star Trek, as in every single series. But then I discovered Stargate, a show I had been meaning to watch for a long time, but had only gotten around to it. So, I stuck with Stargate and, while I still watch Enterprise, I think that I have become way less of a Star Trek fan, and more of a Stargate fan.
                      Rocky

Comment

I consider myself a trekker. I Always used to watch The Original Star Trek and TNG growing up, watched them all multiple times over. Then i did the same with DS9, which is my favourite Star Trek Series. Voyager is above average at best for me and I like Enterprise, its a good show but nothing special.

The Problem with Star Trek is that they all have basically the same format. TOS and TNG were the same but they were years apart (and it was called the Next Generation) so that is ok. Voyager, for all its different Premise was still basically Planet of the week, just with new aliens, and the Overuse of the Borg, which were great on TNG. Enterprise seems to be a bit different with these story arcs they have but its still similar, I think Sci FI has grown since those days. The Reason i was so drawn to DS9 was because it didnt try to be TOS or TNG, It was different for me, and i loved it.

When i found Stargate (which i watched ironically because of John DeLancie) i loved it and have been watching it religiously ever since. I also find that i am becoming more of a Gater than a Trekker, which, a few years ago i never thought i could like another show as much as i loved Star Trek.

I Love SG1 as much if not More than TOS, TNG and DS9. I dont think i will stop watching Star Trek. For me, a series that i know i love is one were i can watch its episodes over and over. I can do that with TOS, TNG, DS9 and SG1, not with Voy and ENT.

Comment

I started off a trekkie. I still am a trekkie. I had a friend who watched stargate and convinced me to watch it. I loved it and contined to watch. At the same time, I still watched trek, and I still do. Now, in my mind, Stargate is good, but to me trek has always been better. I donno, I just enjoy the whole trek premise and the trek universe much more. I especially love enterprise. Season three has been the best sci-fi on TV in recent memory. I am not saying stargate is bad, it's not, it's quite good and I continue to watch, I just like trek a lot more. Someone metioned earlier that trek fans feel threatened by stargate growing populatity. I don't think thats it as all. Stargate will most likeky become very successful, but I realy don't see it becoming the cultural icon that trek has become. If I had to rate my favorite shows it would have to be:

1. Enterprise
                          2. DS9
                          3. TNG
                          4.Stargate Sg-1/ Atlantis(they are tied for now)
                          5. Voyager
                          6. TOS

Comment

I love the Orignial movies, TNG, DS9, after that I left and then found stargate

Comment

Working...
                            X