Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trekkers/Gaters

Hey there!

I've been a Sco Fi fan for quite a few years. I've found that the majority of Trekkies/Trekkers I know dislike Stargate, and that most of the Gaters I know dislike Star Trek.

I happen to love both!

Anyone else?
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Hmm, well when I watched Star Trek (back when I was a trekkie), I was also watching Stargate just as faithfully. I don't really see why interests wouldn't be compatible. As for losing interest in Trek, that came with having been exposed to Buffy, Angel and Farscape.

Comment

I was very into Stargate when I was a teenager, but stopped watchign sometime midseries on Voyager primarily because I moved into a house where I was not allowed to control the television and no one there liked scifi in any form.

When I tried to come back to it I found that I had matured a bit in my tastes and I stopped seeing Star Trek's world in the way I had when I was younger.

Comment

I was a fan of Classic Star Trek as well as TNG and DS9. Was kinda disappointed in Voyager, and majorly disappointed with Enterprise. Wouldn't consider myself a Trekkie at all, but I did enjoy the first 3 series. Watched every available episode of Stargate SG-1, Atlantis, and love it all. No conflict here.
        Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
        O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
        O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

I'v never been too fond of TOS or DS9, but I quite like TNG and I love Voyager.

Enterprise has been a MASSIVE let down. It had such a promising start but it's went WAY downhill.

I've only been watching Stargate since March, and I've seen almost every episode. I've never seen Atlantis, but I will watch it when it airs in the UK.

I'm not as big a trekkie as I used to be because I dislike Berman and Braga. Here's hoping Manny Coto can get it back on track!
          sigpic

Comment

I was a big Trek fan years ago too. Somewhere about mid 3rd season of Voyager, I stopped watching. It just didn't keep my interest the way DS9 or TNG did. I have never seen an episode of Enterprise.
            O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
            Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

I came into the Trek scene a while ago with Next Gen.

Hated Voyager and DSN, but I still try to watch Enterprise whenever I can.

I've never met a Trek fan who actually preferred Trekker over Trekkie (dunno who came up with it anyway), but I still consider myself the former.
              [email protected]
              http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
              One nation under dog
              There of which I stand alone
              A face in the crowd
              Unsung, against the mold
              Without a doubt
              Singled out
              The only way I know

Comment

I love Trek too, I like all the series, but Voyager is my favourite. I'm one of the apparently few people who actually loves Ent!!
                I'm still not entirely sure whether I should call myself a Trekker or a Trekkie...

Comment

Originally posted by shelsfc
                  I love Trek too, I like all the series, but Voyager is my favourite. I'm one of the apparently few people who actually loves Ent!!
                  I'm still not entirely sure whether I should call myself a Trekker or a Trekkie...
                  I'm a trekkie - and proud!
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, uh, my screenname is a pretty good indication of my feelings on Star Trek. I love TNG, the first half or so of DS9, and the first couple of seasons of Enterprise, but never could catch on to Voyager. I'm going to try and start watching Enterprise again, but I'm not holding my breath. The whole Xindi-weapon-of-death-thing kinda lost me and I don't like what they're doing with some of the characters, but I'm gonna give it a second chance.

As for liking Stargate...I'm here, so I've got to like it a little at least. The movie was a cult classic for my circle of friends (we saw it 15 times). I didn't get in to SG-1 until halfway through the second season. Carter ticked me off when I watched the pilot, so I didn't watch SG-1 for a while, but now I love it and Atlantis.

Anyway, that's the long way of saying you're not the only one that likes both series.

Allison

Comment

The Trekkers are just jealous of us, because we found Atlantis, and they didn't. <nod>
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                        The Trekkers are just jealous of us, because we found Atlantis, and they didn't. <nod>
                        Their wormhole looks well cooler than ours. And they found Valhalla beacause of a vision not because of accidental ancient head sucking.

Just me rambling on (It 1 am where I am)
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm a big Trek fan, too. TOS and TNG are fun to watch sometimes, but I really enjoy DS9 and Voyager! Enterprise is one of my favorite shows, right behind Stargate.

I prefer the term "Trekker."
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

The Trekkies who don't like Stargate probably don't like it because deep down in side they know that Stargate will get just as popular as Star Trek.

Comment

I love both, although Voyager was a bit of a disappointment and I gave up on Enterprise, about the time they put it up against Smallville.

It took a while to get into Stargate (mainly cause I didn't have Showtime, and only one channel shows it halfheartedly in syndication) I actually love it more than Trek these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X