Shore Leave 30 - July 11-13, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shore Leave 30 - July 11-13, 2008

This fan-run convention is located in Baltimore, Maryland on the East Coast. Pre-registration is scheduled for October 1, 2007. The Hunt Valley Inn Marriott is the con hotel which will begin taking reservations in early August 2007.
    Last edited by nell; 17 July 2007, 05:12 PM. Reason: correction
    sigpic

I just got back from SL 29 and I'm looking forward to 30 already. Someone, please, make me snap out of it and get back to reality!

sigpic
    s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Shore Leave Rocks. I have been going to Shore Leave for several years. Kett and the rest of the staff do a great job. I was very excited to see Paul McGillion and Aaron Douglas. In years past, Shore Leave has had many Stargate guest. I really enjoyed seeing Chistopher Judge and Amanda Tapping. I am planning on going next year.

My Guest Wish List is:

Micheal Shanks
      Joe Flaniagan
      Katie Stackof
      Rachel Luttrell
      David Hewlett
      Last edited by griffindorgirl; 18 July 2007, 06:58 PM.

Comment

I had a really terrific time at Shore Leave 29. Can't wait for next year!

And since someone started this, I thought I'd add my wishlist for Shore Leave 30:

Joe Flanigan
        David Hewlett
        Patrick Stewart
        Scott Bakula
        Colin Ferguson
        Dean Stockwell

What do you think?

Comment

First, I'd just like to thank Kett for another great event. You and your staff did a tremendous job of making the stars accessible, and keeping the event on time. Kudos to everyone who had a part in putting Shore Leave 29 together!!!

Wish list? Well, as nell mentioned, next year will be Shore Leave 30! Thirty years of sci fi! So...she asked some of us who our dream list for this special event would be.

My List:

SG-1:
          RDA
          AT

(Together, what an anniversary event they would create!!!)

SGA:
          Joe Flanigan
          David Hewlett

Did I mention how much I'd like to see RDA?

BSG:
          Katie Sackoff
          Mary McDonnell

ST: Next Gen
          Patrick Stewart
          Brent Spiner

By the way, did I tell you that I'd really, REALLY like to see RDA?

ST: Voyager
          Kate Mulgrew

ST: Enterprise
          Scott Bakula
          Jolene Blalock

Oh, and by the way, it would be great if you could get RDA!

Well, I think that's enough of my opinions for now....

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
            First, I'd just like to thank Kett for another great event. You and your staff did a tremendous job of making the stars accessible, and keeping the event on time. Kudos to everyone who had a part in putting Shore Leave 29 together!!!

Wish list? Well, as nell mentioned, next year will be Shore Leave 30! Thirty years of sci fi! So...she asked some of us who our dream list for this special event would be.

My List:

SG-1:
            RDA
            AT

(Together, what an anniversary event they would create!!!)

SGA:
            Joe Flanigan
            David Hewlett

Did I mention how much I'd like to see RDA?

BSG:
            Katie Sackoff
            Mary McDonnell

ST: Next Gen
            Patrick Stewart
            Brent Spiner

By the way, did I tell you that I'd really, REALLY like to see RDA?

ST: Voyager
            Kate Mulgrew

ST: Enterprise
            Scott Bakula
            Jolene Blalock

Oh, and by the way, it would be great if you could get RDA!

Well, I think that's enough of my opinions for now....
            Sweet list!!!

Disclaimer statement: nell in no way has any authority to engage, negotiate, or contract with any guests for Shore Leave. That's Kett's job and she does it exceedingly well as we all know.
            sigpic

Comment

I am planning on making the hotel reservations in August. The hotel is usually sold out by christmas.

Sweet guest list nell.
              My revised list

RDA
              Christopher Judge
              Micheal Shanks (Pretty Please,Kett!)
              Amanda Tapping
              Joe Flanagan
              David Hewlett
              Katie Sackoff
              Last edited by griffindorgirl; 21 July 2007, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know when the hotel will start taking reservations for the Shore Leave block? I stayed at a different hotel this year and it was fine, but since I'll have a baby along next year, I'd like to be able to stay at the convention hotel.

(OK, just went back and saw nell mentioned early August. That's what I get for posting when I'm tired.)

Oh, and as for a guest wish list, I'd love to see Steve Makaj (Colonel Makepeace), Jay Acovone (Kawalsky) and Don S. Davis.
                Last edited by kimberlyrose; 21 July 2007, 05:04 PM. Reason: Apparently I can't pay close enough attention to posts already written.

Comment

Originally posted by nell View Post
                  Sweet list!!!

Disclaimer statement: nell in no way has any authority to engage, negotiate, or contract with any guests for Shore Leave. That's Kett's job and she does it exceedingly well as we all know.
                  Yada, yada, yada! We know...you're just a lowly peon. Kett is the Queen of Shore Leave. Your request for input in no way obligates STAT or you!

Tee-hee!!!

Comment

They usualy start taking reservations for the hotel in the beginning of August. I might sugguest that you have them email you your confirmation. I have lost mine in previous years and it is easy to store it.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                      The GWers at the Sam/Jack Ship Family Thread invite friends of like minds to a special event:

Spoiler:

5th Annual Ship Day
                      Saturday, July 28th
                      12-midnight - 12-midnight, Eastern U. S. Time
                      Gateworld Forums - Characters & Relationships

* graphic by Zuz
                      lll
                      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 23 July 2007, 05:00 PM.

Comment

I just looked at the date of the con. Saturday is my birthday. What a great was to spend my b-day at a con. Pretty Please Kett, Micheal Shanks would be a great guest. I am already planning to make my hotel reservations on the first of August. I figure that I can cancel if I can't make the con but I hope not.
                        Last edited by griffindorgirl; 08 August 2007, 05:07 PM.

Comment

How soon do you typically find out who's appearing there? I'd love to see AT and CJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                            How soon do you typically find out who's appearing there? I'd love to see AT and CJ.
                            Usually they have their first guest posted by October but it could be as late a January. It all depends on who they book. I am voting for Micheal Shanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                              It will probably be mid to late fall before the first guests are announced, jckfan55, if last year is any indication. And the headliners probably won't be announced until after New Year's. But Kett and her people do a great job...and you can count on a good line-up.

My dream guest is...you know who...

I went two years ago to see AT when she was there...and it was wonderful! Carmen was even there with his TV daughter!

This year was fun too: Paul McGillion, Nichelle Nichols, Colin Cunningham, Gary Jones and Aaron Douglas...SG-1, SGA, Star Trek and BSG...all in one event!

Also fun was the chance to meet so many other GWers...who are all lovely people!!!

But I'm here for another reason tonight...

Just one final invitation reminder:

The GWers at the Sam/Jack Ship Family Thread invite friends of like minds to a special event:

Spoiler:

5th Annual Ship Day
                              Saturday, July 28th
                              12-midnight - 12-midnight, Eastern U. S. Time
                              Gateworld Forums - Characters & Relationships

* graphic by Zuz
                              Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 27 July 2007, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X