Farscape returns in Web-based series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BerrySciFi View Post
    I think the back-story idea for the webisodes is brilliant. I hope Henson either does that, or maybe does something a little bit after PK Wars to kind of point us in the direction that the series will go in, if\when The SciFi Channel renews it.
    Personally, I'm kind of rooting for it taking place a little while after PK Wars. I think moving forward is the best way Farscape can continue on. I would love the new show to maybe focus a bit on little D'Argo Crichton growing up aboard Moya in a strange, sometimes very dangerous, galaxy.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I love the idea of setting it a few years after PK wars. I can just picture the first scene.

All black and white flash backs to some time of crisis on Moya, John running down the halls yelling "PILOT!" Like he so often did. A quick flash of the peace keeper fars. And then we cut to Little D running down the same hall yelling pilot, but this time in a kiddy voice like a child looking for his favourite toy.

Comment

Originally posted by Esquin View Post
        I love the idea of setting it a few years after PK wars. I can just picture the first scene.

All black and white flash backs to some time of crisis on Moya, John running down the halls yelling "PILOT!" Like he so often did. A quick flash of the peace keeper fars. And then we cut to Little D running down the same hall yelling pilot, but this time in a kiddy voice like a child looking for his favourite toy.
        That would be pretty cool. Either that, or little D as a teenager. Either scenario would open up a ton of possibilities.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As I sit here impatiently waiting for the frelling webisodes, I'm wondering... I just don't get it. I don't see the logic in bringing Farscape back as little webisodes. PK Wars showed that the audience was STILL there. How many people will watch the webisodes? A few thousand? What will The SciFi Channel learn from that? And the animatronic creatures and the sets are extremely expensive. I see no logic in this. The webisodes might be some lame concept that is Farscape in name only. As far as I know, BB and CB have NOT been contacted yet. It seems to me that if they were going to be in the webisodes, Henson and O'Bannon would need to make sure they were available. Galactica 1980, anyone?!
          sigpic

Comment

As I sit here impatiently waiting for the frelling webisodes, I'm wondering... I just don't get it. I don't see the logic in bringing Farscape back as little webisodes. PK Wars showed that the audience was STILL there. How many people will watch the webisodes? A few thousand? What will The SciFi Channel learn from that? And the animatronic creatures and the sets are extremely expensive. I see no logic in this. The webisodes might be some lame concept that is Farscape in name only. As far as I know, BB and CB have NOT been contacted yet. It seems to me that if they were going to be in the webisodes, Henson and O'Bannon would need to make sure they were available. Galactica 1980, anyone?!
            Last I heard, I believe BB was approached about them. As for CB, last I had heard, she hadn't heard from anyone yet about them. I think, sadly, it will still be quite a while before we hear any real solid news on this project.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              Have any of you seen Sanctuary? That is not low budget. It is CGI heavy, but that's not low budget.

I have high hopes for the FS - web series and don't really have a problem with the eps being only about 3 - 6 minutes long. I'm thinking that once they know how big the following is/will be they might make them longer.

The thing is that using the web for series shows is a relatively new thing and most shows that I know of don't start out as full on half hour/hour shows. Most net savvy folks won't sit on a site long enough to watch a full hour or two hours of a show.
              I've seen it, for all their big budget it simply didn't impress me - I stopped downloading after webisode 3!

Comment

I saw Sanctuary in it's entirely and i wouldn't say they had the biggest budgets ever. Some of it would be beautiful, then other parts would be downright shoddy and look like they came from that old Knightmare show.

I was kinda bitter they decided to end it on a cliffhanger considering we were barely two arcs in. I guess that was the downside to Amanda signing on to do more Stargate.

I know they made a big deal about it being an online series, but i don't know why they haven't tried to shop the existing episodes to a network. It was of high enough quality and intrigue to warrant a real season of television surely.

Anyhoo, any news about the Farscape webisodes yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Clem View Post
                  Nothing new, at least that I'm aware of. By now though, I'm sure they are well into the development phase. Hopefully we don't have to wait too much longer before hearing something. What is going to make this wait so painful is how early we heard about the webisodes. News of Farscape's "return" was let out like a day or two after the deal was reached.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

(Tapping foot impatiently) At this point, it would be great to get an update from Henson or O'Bannon just to let us know how it's going. But, we've waited impatiently before, and PK Wars was SPECTACULAR! I must keep reminding myself of that as I wait impatiently..
                    sigpic

Comment

(Tapping foot impatiently) At this point, it would be great to get an update from Henson or O'Bannon just to let us know how it's going. But, we've waited impatiently before, and PK Wars was SPECTACULAR! I must keep reminding myself of that as I wait impatiently..
                      Is there any other way to wait??

Comment

Originally posted by Clem View Post
                        I saw Sanctuary in it's entirely and i wouldn't say they had the biggest budgets ever. Some of it would be beautiful, then other parts would be downright shoddy and look like they came from that old Knightmare show.

I was kinda bitter they decided to end it on a cliffhanger considering we were barely two arcs in. I guess that was the downside to Amanda signing on to do more Stargate.

I know they made a big deal about it being an online series, but i don't know why they haven't tried to shop the existing episodes to a network. It was of high enough quality and intrigue to warrant a real season of television surely.

Don't give up on Sanctuary yet. They're (the producers and cast) are not getting paid atm for doing it. They're filming when SGA is not and the CGI takes a while to do.

If you go check the Sanctuary thread, you'll find that TPTB of Sanctuary are trying to shop it to networks now. The reason they haven't before is because they want to keep control of the content. You get network suits involved and they try to dictate what the content will be.

I imagine that FS webisodes will likely run into that issue as well since it will air on Scilie's internet site. Who knows.

As for waiting for info, hopefully at the FS con in two weeks, Rockne will give more details/info about it.
                        sigpic
                        I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                          As for waiting for info, hopefully at the FS con in two weeks, Rockne will give more details/info about it.
                          I'll certainly be keeping my fingers (and toes even) crossed.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

You know he will be asked, along with everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
                              You know he will be asked, along with everyone else.
                              I'd say that's a certainty. Everyone wants to know when these might air, what they'll be about, who'll be back, etc.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I have not look at anything about the web base series since it was announce has there been any news about it Eg. Cast, Crew and story. Thanks
                                sigpic
                                Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                                Metal gear fan

Comment

Working...
                                X