Farscape returns in Web-based series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SylvreWolfe View Post
    Hey, I am one of those hated Scapers that started watching SG1 for Ben and Claudia so you know I am watching these wepisodes. And I hope they are the same quality as the series and decent length. Other links I have read said this could be the lead in to the return of the franchise to tv.
    Hey Wolfie!

I think they truly will be. Times are changing. The network realizes fans are out there but are not all tuning in on the TV. We talked about how ratings are so off it's not even funny.

Anyway, this gives a lot of hope, not just Farscape but any show that we love. It's probably the best news we have heard for a long time in the Sci-fi world.
    sigpic

Comment

that would be nice... hell more scape... gimmee... dial up hell suxz though
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
        hm....is this the real reason sciffy cancelled Stargate SG-1?
        It has nothing to do with SG-1's cancellation.

Will this be the fifth season of Farscape or a separate series?

Comment

I don't think it will be part of a fifth season of Farscape, more like a lead up to it like they are doing with the new BSG mini-episodes for S4. That is if they are making a S5 of Farscape, which I really hope they do! I don't really see any other reason for making these webisodes other than something that will lead up to a new season.

Anyway, this is excellent news!
          Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
          Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
          Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
          --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
            It has nothing to do with SG-1's cancellation.

Will this be the fifth season of Farscape or a separate series?
            Good question. Hopefully we'll be getting more news about these "episodes" soon.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I am beyond exciteded. Hope we get more news soon.

Comment

Originally posted by SciFiFan View Post
                I am beyond exciteded. Hope we get more news soon.
                I'm sure we will. I'm personally hoping for at least something more by the end of the week. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed though.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As will I.

Comment

It is about time the Scifi Channel realizes and does something sci-fi-ish.

Now, in respect to the money side of it, yeah it is impossible to make money off of just internet broadcasting, because everything eventually ends up on youtube. But if they where to shoot episodes of shows like this, then go back in editing and insert at certain time points advertisements for show sponsors then I don't see any reason this couldn't work. Because to remove those sponsors someone would have to actually take the time to edit the entire show before reposting it to a media sharing site. If they don't remove the sponsors then that is even more viewership the sponsors would pay for.

Seriously, something like Farscape might never reach one million views on the Scifi Channel, but will probably reach one million unique views on the internet within a day or so. You couple that with an eventual TV run, if not an actual rebirth of the show and you begin to see why sci-fi fans matter!

To be honest, I think every TV studio that considers canceling a sci-fi show needs to sell internet advertising for the show and release the episodes for download at the same time they are shown on television. I have a feeling no sci-fi show would ever get canceled if they did that.

Comment

Unexpected, but not neccessarily welcome news.

Web-based implies a fairly low budget, and the fact they don't seem to have any of the cast on board yet is worrying. I don't like the sound of "short films" either. Web-based also suggests sciffy are going to charge you for the pleasure. If its good I'll get it on DVD but web-based stuff just isn't good enough quality to warrent paying for it.
                      I'm A Leaf On The Wind...Watch How I Soar

Comment

I'm hoping that most of the core cast members will be involved and that the web series is a preliminary to a larger Farscape project. Anyway, it's great to see the web series announcement getting so much press. I found this article pretty amusing: 'Farscape to Return, Break Internet'.

FREAK OUT!!!! Overturn the convention hotels! Ask a fellow Scaper to celebrate by putting the moves on each other! Tell me if this works! Burst the message boards with emoticons!

Wait! My friends! Everybody else! You in the blue shirt! Put your pants back on! This could be a pretty neat thing. Or we could err on the side of caution.

A full-on Farscape comeback would entail a product for your television set, or for your DVD player. Like Stargate.

Banner by angelfire east

Comment

I have to admit I'm partial about it. I guess it all depeds on where they take the story - but as people mentioned, so far none of the cast are confirmed- I'd have waited with such an anouncement til I have at least one major cast member, and the fact they didn't would suggest noen are willing to commit themselves jsut yet. (Not to mention not all cast can return, as they did the mistake of killing D'Argo in PKW).

As people mentioned, length might be a major issue. There's only as much you can do with the usually short length of webisodes/ mini episodes - as I pointed out on the Sanctuary bits, one of the show's problems for me was the length of the episodes...

Also, I'd wait to see who'd be the writers for this project. Farscape had very uneven writers, and while some of their episodes were fantastic others were jsut compeltely horrible. Then again, as logn as I don't see Justin Mungo confirmed I'm still relatively optimistic
                          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                            Also, I'd wait to see who'd be the writers for this project. Farscape had very uneven writers, and while some of their episodes were fantastic others were jsut compeltely horrible. Then again, as logn as I don't see Justin Mungo confirmed I'm still relatively optimistic.
                            Odd. Justin Monjo was one of my favorite Farscape writers. "The Locket", anyone. I think he's been doing quite well in Oz TV and Film since Farscape ended.

Anyway, according to Dave Howe, a SciFi executive, they just cut the deal the day before it was announced. I don't think even Henson knows who they are going to gather to produce these things, on camera or off camera.

We probably won't know for a while.

Comment

Oh i am so happy you better be able to get it in the UK lets hope ben browder and claudia black are in it as well
                              sigpic
                              Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                              Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant View Post
                                Odd. Justin Monjo was one of my favorite Farscape writers. "The Locket", anyone. I think he's been doing quite well in Oz TV and Film since Farscape ended.

Anyway, according to Dave Howe, a SciFi executive, they just cut the deal the day before it was announced. I don't think even Henson knows who they are going to gather to produce these things, on camera or off camera.

We probably won't know for a while.
                                Well, different people, different tastes and all that jazz.... I really loved A Human Reaction, but each and every other episode of his was tolerated at best by me.... - so I'm bound not to base my opinion too much on A Human Reaction (much like, the opposite case with Kemper - I didn't enjoy really enjoy Through the Looking Glass, but almost all of my favourite episodes are his.)
                                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                                Yes, I am!
                                sigpic
                                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Working...
                                X