This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worst idea in Star Trek

anyone else think it was a VERY bad idea for them to allow Hoshi to leave the slug she found on that planet instead of bringing it back to the planet where they found it or just feeding it to one of Phlox's pets?

For all they knew, the slug could have reproduced asexually and could have taken over the entire ecosystem of that planet.

Ah, the crew of the Enterprise destroys their first world.

But wait, there's more! The Ferengi have a beverage called Slug-o Cola. Maybe the slug did take over the ecosystem and reproduced in the trillions, making it the main ingredient of the beverage and the slug population is inexhaustible. Hoshi did name the slug "Sluggo".

Killing off Kes. Her character was weak but they could have fixed that instead of just kicking her off. Hmm there's lots of other stuff but I don't want to type up a list right now.
    Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
    Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
    Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
    --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Point of order: they never killed Kes.

Comment

Yea I guess I meant she went to live in a higher plane of existance, but she might as well have been dead. She only appeared once more in the show and it was not a very fitting departure for her.
        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

True.

Worst idea? Having the bridge at the very top of the ship, like a target. Oh, that and the thin neck and struts of some of the earlier ships. What. the. hell? Seriously.

Comment

Troi's minidress in the first part of TNG season one. And those pajama outfits from ST: TMP.

Comment

Enterprise's decon chamber. Actually, that in itself was a really good idea, it's just how they used it.

Comment

star trek insurrection

Comment

The Way the last ever episode of 'Enterprise' was done as a ST:TNG style episode. I never got as far as insurrection so I can not say

it is very unwise to remove lifeforms from natural surroundings whether is it the smallest cell or a complete life form from all the way from the bottom of the food chain up to the apex predator... everything is important in its own eco system but outside it may become victim or aggressor. Kane toads and Tribbles are proof!!!
                  We are angels of death in black leather
                  Your demons without wings, we glide
                  We are angels in black with a hunger
                  Not your sheep to change or guide.
                  We are angels in the blackness for ever

Comment

The prophets that live in the wormhole in DS9.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                      star trek insurrection
                      Star Trek: Voyager
                      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Banjo man in Voyager's very first episode. And the trial in TNG's first episode too. Just weird ways to begin a show. I almost didn't watch them because of it.
                        Mod Note: Sig oversized.Click to view.

Comment

Though perhaps not the worst idea, it was certainly devoid of creativity and altogether lame to take the Akira-class starship design from First Contact, tweak it a bit, and call it Enterprise, NX-01.
                          "Fighting a war that appears unwinnable does not make one's cause less noble."
                          - Master Bra'tac

Comment

Enterprise, itself was a bad idea.

"Let's make a sequel that confuses people. CHA-CHING"

At least Voyager stayed within itself and didn't try to take credit away from the other established Captains.

Comment

Deep Space Nine.

Period.

Comment

Working...
                              X