Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Best Stargate beam Weapon

What do you think the best beam weapon is in stargate.
    My Opinion is
    1Asuran- because it is constant and wouldve depleted atlantis' sheilds in a day while it took thousands/millions of wraith bolts before it started to fail.
    2 Ancient le grande sattelite/odyssey upgrade- I would say they are equal in power but designed for different ships Odyssey= Sheilds/Ancient= wraith hull
    3 Ori main cannon/sattelite = They take too long to power up
    4 tollan ion cannon= it would be better to have these on fighters than a capital ship and arent as powerful as the others

Best bolt weapons

1Asgard bolts=They are the most effective seen yet.
    2grace bolts/ wraith bolts= the wraith bolts are very large the grace aliens would have destroyed prometheus if the cloud wasnt there
    3Goaold plasma bolts=they arent as good as they were meant to be in the begining of sg1
    Please add more if you know any
    Last edited by !!??; July 12th, 2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: I added the bolt part too.

Lieutenant Colonel 2ndgenerationalteran's Avatar
    In the back of your neck, controling your brain

Default Re: Best Stargate beam Weapon

If the ancients could have powered the La Grange Sattelite as long as the Asurans could i would say the The Lagrange sattelite. But it doesn't seem that was its intended use. But it did do its job at optimal efficiency.

Asuran beam would probably be a good second.

then i would go with the Odyssey's Asgard canons, which should be most credited to the Asgard rather than ourselves.

Ori weapons as third, probably the Ethon one was the most potent. The Ori main canon takes 4 shots to deplete shields of the new Odyssey.

But i would disagree with the tolans, i would put the Hive ship's canons in their place. The blasts are enormous and they do a good amount of damage to shields.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    If the ancients could have powered the La Grange Sattelite as long as the Asurans could i would say the The Lagrange sattelite. But it doesn't seem that was its intended use. But it did do its job at optimal efficiency.

Asuran beam would probably be a good second.

then i would go with the Odyssey's Asgard canons, which should be most credited to the Asgard rather than ourselves.

Ori weapons as third, probably the Ethon one was the most potent. The Ori main canon takes 4 shots to deplete shields of the new Odyssey.

But i would disagree with the tolans, i would put the Hive ship's canons in their place. The blasts are enormous and they do a good amount of damage to shields.

I was just talking about beam weapons but we can add all energy weapons. I think of the hives cannons more as bolts.

you could scratch the Hive then and add in the gate destroyer device Anubis found in Redemption.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    you could scratch the Hive then and add in the gate destroyer device Anubis found in Redemption.
    I would put that 3rd over ori beam weapons making them 4th and the ion cannon 5th.

Captain

Carter's particle beam in season 3

oh that was cool too. Sokar's particle canon would count but like carter's it could keep the worm hole open.

Captain

As far as "bolts" I'd guess the Asgard bolts simply because they are about the most advanced race that still utilized that style of weapon. As far as beams, I would guess the Ancient Satelite. Watching it cut that Hive in half was very impressive.

Also, i think they use the colors as an indicator. In the show, the weaker things are typically red/orange in color. And they get lighter and brighter as they increase in power. The Asgard shields were blue, that kind of thing. This also corresponds to what color stars are based on their temperature. And If I remember right, the Ancient colored one was the "hottest".
    Of course, the Aurora's shields were orange colored but itw sapretty damaged to I suppose it could be explained away. Then again this could jsut be a stupid theory that doesn't make any sense but it seems to fit.
    www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Heaven View Post
    Carter's particle beam in season 3
    We could add that to the list too. I dont know where to place it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
    As far as "bolts" I'd guess the Asgard bolts simply because they are about the most advanced race that still utilized that style of weapon. As far as beams, I would guess the Ancient Satelite. Watching it cut that Hive in half was very impressive.

Also, i think they use the colors as an indicator. In the show, the weaker things are typically red/orange in color. And they get lighter and brighter as they increase in power. The Asgard shields were blue, that kind of thing. This also corresponds to what color stars are based on their temperature. And If I remember right, the Ancient colored one was the "hottest".
    Of course, the Aurora's shields were orange colored but itw sapretty damaged to I suppose it could be explained away. Then again this could jsut be a stupid theory that doesn't make any sense but it seems to fit.
    That would put the asgard beam first since blue/white is the highest and green is in the middle.

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by !!?? View Post
    That would put the asgard beam first since blue/white is the highest and green is in the middle.
    Yea, I knew there were holes in my theory. Maybe it was all randomized but at least early on it seemed like they wanted everything Goa'uld to have a Gold/orange tint to it and everything Asgard to have a blue tint to it, ya know?
    www.theamericanright.com

We could have a list of the best bolts and a list of the best beams.

First Lieutenant

Anubis's superweapon powered by the six Eyes, considering the ease with which it wiped out a sizeable fleet of Ha'taks in such a short time even without charging up to full power (and we know the effect of the latter).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
    Anubis's superweapon powered by the six Eyes, considering the ease with which it wiped out a sizeable fleet of Ha'taks in such a short time even without charging up to full power (and we know the effect of the latter).
    And it destroyed Abydos.

First Lieutenant

And it destroyed Abydos.
    Yeah, hence the bit at the end of my last post indirectly hinting about viewers knowing what the superweapon did once it was fully charged.

1. Anubis weapon (It destroyed a whole planet; we haven't seen any other beams do this yet(?))
    2. Lagrange Point Satellite (Slices a Wraith ship in half while powered with a Naquadah generator, just think what it would be like if we hooked a ZPM up to it!)
    3. Ori beam weapon (Took out the Korelev in 2 shots)
    4. Anubis/Ancient Stargate destroyer beam (Destroyed Stargate == serious damage to planet it's on)
    5. Asuran weapon (I should think they designed it to deplete Atlantis' shields quickly, but we don't know how good it is really at solid objects)

1. Asgard bolt (Best we've seen)
    2. Goa'Uld plasma weapons, particularly Anubis's (His are probably better!)
    3. Wraith bolt (It doesn't seem to do all that much to me, the Deadalus could easily withstand a lot of hits from two hive ships in the Hive.)

I can't think of any more off the top of my head.

Does any one think that earths energy weapon counts as a bolt if it is applied on a ship.

Shielding McKay From Sunlight And Falling Citrus

i would say the trinity weapon was ok, since it released contant bolts of energy and probaly could run for ever if powered by a few zpms

1. asuran satilite beam
    2. asgards beam
    3.ori beam

1.wraith bolts
    2. asgard bolts
    3. anubis secondary rapid plasma shots, lost city pt 2, when shootin prom down...quite cool

Second Lieutenant Col. Matarrese's Avatar

Does any one think that earths energy weapon counts as a bolt if it is applied on a ship.
    did that ever work? I remember it burning out after one shot when Carter tried to use it in one episode

Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Matarrese View Post
    did that ever work? I remember it burning out after one shot when Carter tried to use it in one episode
    It did, but it was engineered to do that. Like if you watch again they talk about how there introducing them to new technology but they hvae to do it slowly so the weapon is designed to fizzle out after one shot to make it look flawed. But they made it clear that they COULd make it work if they actually wanted to.
    www.theamericanright.com