This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Harlan's Race be ancients

In the episode tin man Harlan says that he been alive for 11000. The android form he took looked human. The goald didnt take any humans 11000 years ago as far as i know.(I dont think the movie counts.)The name of their race alteirans sounds similar to alterans. Do you think it is possible that Harlans race could be ancients?
    sigpic

or was built by the ancients. i secoind attept after the horriable mistake in pegasus

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
      or was built by the ancients. i secoind attept after the horriable mistake in pegasus
      It could have been colonized by the ancients who stayed in the milky way and didnt have the disease.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry, but no. One of the TPTB has already stated that the names were just a coincidence.

Comment

I wondered that too. But their planet was called Altair not Altera but that could have been a programming error after 11000 years. I would have agreed that the Ancients invented them if that wasn't contradicted by the writers, does anyone have a source for that statement though?

Vala,

Comment

While i think there may have been a connection, i don;t think they were ancients. Now who thinks the race who made Urgo was that way??

Comment

No, why? Becasue of the Technology is vasty vasty different. Harlan's tech is more like ours, except for the computers. The coomputers are more of our older ones about from the 1980s.

Comment

Originally posted by Amb. Shepphard(ARC) View Post
                No, why? Becasue of the Technology is vasty vasty different. Harlan's tech is more like ours, except for the computers. The coomputers are more of our older ones about from the 1980s.
                I think they were alot more advanced then we were to be able to create android bodies. I do agree that their tech isnt ancient but the time still doesnt line up with the time goaould took humans from earth.
                Last edited by !!??; 12 July 2007, 05:04 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

It could be from some Ancient that that was on there last life and build him in his image ... Well well never know ...

Comment

The technology and language is nothing like that of the Ancients though. And what ever happened to the surface of the planet? Was it destroyed in a Goa'uld attack?

Vala,

Comment

I don't think so. The human form replicators and Asurans are way more advanced than Harlan and the other SG-1 appear to have been. They were killed by staff blasts, steam metled their skin, their skin could be penetrated by knives and needles, and they appear to be more circiuts and gears then the replicators seem to be.

Perfecto!

Comment

No the names are just a coincidence. There has been no evidence that Harlan's race and the Ancients are in any way related.
                        Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                        Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                        Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                        --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
                          It could be from some Ancient that that was on there last life and build him in his image ... Well well never know ...
                          Good point
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X