The GLBT and GSA Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The GLBT and GSA Thread

This is a friendly ground for anyone who agrees with the sentiment above. If you are a narrow-minded bigot, you may want to leave before someone gets offended. Because here, we believe in:

before you get started, please take the time to scan over these articles:

more links will be added as they are found

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Administrator:
    From January 2020,this thread's topic is back to being a Support Group for all GLBT+ and GSA GateWorlders. SEE FAQ

An excerpt: GateWorld affirms the unique value and dignity of all people.The Stargate family is diverse and wonderful, and we welcome and affirm all people whatever their race, nationality, gender, sexuality, religion, or creed.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 08 February 2020, 12:49 PM.
    I'm a Slasher. I slash. It's what I do.
    sigpic

what's so bad about same sex marriage?

I don't understand why people start conflict over it, I mean it's just two people who love each other. What's so bad about that?
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      what's so bad about same sex marriage?

I don't understand why people start conflict over it, I mean it's just two people who love each other. What's so bad about that?
      it goes against the bible and other various religions

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
        it goes against the bible and other various religions
        ....that doesn't make it wrong.

I mean just because it goes against a book that is probably fictional and says one almighty created everything (which is utterly rediculous), doesn't mean it's wrong.

Maybe the religions are wrong if they believe that.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

which we will astutely ignore here unless you wanna poke fun at their misbegotten ideals anyways, someone suggested that someone should start a safe haven for GLBT people to meet and talk here on the forums, and for accepting straight people to join in too of course.... i just couldn't think of a better opening post
          sigpic

Comment

It's all based on how you are taught - in the pastr everone was taught that it was wrong, However these days people are a lot more open minded, so I would think that in a couple of years there will be a lot more supporters then there are today
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

^^good lol

I was beginning to think that this would mirror the Born-Again Christian thread where only christians are allowed to post there. There are alot of youths and teens who bully other teens for being gay and exploring sexuality - I just find that bullying (or any type of bullying for that matter) disgusting.

I'm straight, and I accept people for who they are and who they want to be - be that gay, straight, bi, whatever. It doesn't matter in the end does it?

I mean what people do with their willy's is so damn irrelevant to friendship anyway!

sigpic

Comment

It doesn't hurt A-N-Y-O-N-E

Love cannot be legislated.

BIG green for Lillith. YOU ROCK!

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                  It's all based on how you are taught - in the pastr everone was taught that it was wrong, However these days people are a lot more open minded, so I would think that in a couple of years there will be a lot more supporters then there are today
                  Mike!!!!! -glomp- long time no see!!

^^good lol

I was beginning to think that this would mirror the Born-Again Christian thread where only christians are allowed to post there.
                  lol! me, christian? nothing could be farther from the truth omnisexual witch here

There are alot of youths and teens who bully other teens for being gay and exploring sexuality - I just find that bullying (or any type of bullying for that matter) disgusting.
                  god, i fear for the gay community at my old high school now that i've graduated... i mean me and my very straight best friend were the only protection they had... to mess with the gays, you had to mess with the crazies, and no one messed with the crazies but now that both of us have graduated, they're all on their own... don't get me wrong, they still have a good amount of strong, "take no bull" people, but teito and commanded most of the fear... which is why we made sure that they have a teacher sponser for a GSA this school year!
                  sigpic

Comment

My highschool had a sort of hierarchy, and unless you were popular enough - you weren't aloud to be different....and if you were, it was usually met with some sort of bullying.

Kinda scary really. It wasn't that bad though, by year 11 things had cooled down and people were aloud to be whatever they wanted to be in the hierarchy.

sigpic

Comment

well that's good! i, unfortunately, live in redneck country... we're part of that beautiful southern Bible belt! so i don't really see a significant change in attitude any time soon....
                      sigpic

Comment

America?

sigpic

Comment

just south of Atlanta, Georgia, host of the 1996 Summer Olympic Games
                          sigpic

Comment

lol oh

sigpic

Comment

I too live in redneck-land. I have no clear recollection when I first became aware of the hatred of gays around me, but it was always there. Through science fiction I first came upon the concept of other ways of living and loving, sexually. It was probably Heinlein and his concepts of the multiple mariage he espoused — more than two adults joining together in a legally recognized marriage unit for the purpose of pooling resources and providing greater comfort/safety/stability for the kids. It made so much sense to me. Still does. The "It takes a village" concept is the same principle, I think.

As I grew older, I gave great thought to my own sexuality. I am content with where I am, straight, but I do like to indulge in the odd fantasy here and there and — not surprisingly to me — I have many gay people in my extended and loving "family."

I have little to no patience with gay-bashers of all ilks, and I have thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to read what other literate and opinionatedpeople have had to say in the pages of these forums. this thread is a great idea. I can think of no place it could be more at home.

ladyjanus

Comment

Working...
                              X