This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about the Time-lords

Ok heres a few questions i would answered about the Time-lords and Doctor Who . Lets see if anyone out there can give me a good answer ...

1. If the Time-lords where the master of time , and are about to travel in time and in other dimensions , Why couldn't they see there own future with the Dalek's and there Time War ....

2. Why couldn't the Doctor go to his own past and tell the other time-lords what happened in there Time War , Give his own people an edge on the war so he's people could live on and still watch over the universe ....

1: Rassilon made Gallifrey's time line immutable and seperate from the cosmos. Which means that it didn't matter when the other time lords were, if they were called back on say, January 8th Gallifrey, they would return on that day, but not before that date. Those living on January 9th Gallifrey couldn't just jump into their tardises and go back to the 7th to get a head start on the 8th.

2: they aren't supposed to cross their own time lines. paradox and stuff.
    Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
    Spoiler:
    "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
    "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
    "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
    "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
    "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Also, as The Doctor has hinted at, you change something small and that can lead to larger unknown changes. In other words if he did somehow manage to warn them by going back in time it may save the TimeLords but kill many others, or change far too many other events.

It is not his or any TimeLords right to do that, he would have to be as selfish as
      Spoiler:
      *you know who*.

Comment

the time war was outside of time so you cant really go there

and i done a thread about this

all with crossing timelines and paradoxes.
        sigpic

Comment

I personlly think they aren't dead, they are just letting the Doctor clean up their mistakes as normal
          Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

from what i gather about the time war, is that it was sthe doctor himself who ended it, and it was him who killed both the timelords and daleks.

he has mentioned going back to save his ppl, but he cant due to crossing his timeline

Comment

Originally posted by creed462 View Post
              I personlly think they aren't dead, they are just letting the Doctor clean up their mistakes as normal
              Originally posted by Cycrow View Post
              from what i gather about the time war, is that it was sthe doctor himself who ended it, and it was him who killed both the timelords and daleks.

he has mentioned going back to save his ppl, but he cant due to crossing his timeline
              I think the former is better than the latter. Because they were reknown for letting him deal with their mistakes.
              Things we'd like to see in our favorite scifi...
              Spoiler:
              "Ori, meet Wraiths. Wraiths, meet Ori. I'm sure you'll get along famously." ~ any member of SG1.
              "Priors, meet Cylons. Cylons, Meet Priors. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful theologic discussion." ibid
              "This is the BattleStar Galactica - please identify yourself."
              "This is the Earth Vessel Daedelus. Are you lost?"
              "The WHAT Vessel?" Galactica Actual.

Comment

Working...
              X