This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smaller hyperspace fields?

Is it possible to create a smaller hyperspace field to lets say strap on a nuke to go through shields or spacific co-ordinates in space to blow up certian things?

Mckay: Size doesnt matter

Sheppard:thats a myth

I like farris wheels,college football and a good cup of tea.

I wouold say yes, but realistically it's as possible as the writers want it to be.

Comment

I wonder how accurate they can determine the exit point of a hyperspace trip though? When they specify the destination co-ordinates, do they expect to come out of hyperspace at an exact point in space, or just an area in general?

I think the smallest hyperspace trip they ever made was to save the Earth from being hit by that asteroid. So it's possible to use hyperspace for such short distances. I would guess that ships in a space battle would be about that distance, or greater, apart, so it's safe to say that the "range" is good.

But did SG-1 know exactly where on the other side of the Earth they would come out of hyperspace? Maybe technology has progressed since then, but it would be interesting to see how accurately they can predict where they exit hyperspace.

And, from an ethical point of view, it may not be a good idea to start using weapons in hyperspace. Like, on Earth, we first had planes dropping bombs, and then we stepped it up to ICBMs and once we did that, we started an arms race. I don't think it's really wise for Earth to be "stepping it up" in an arms race with a technologically superior enemy (eg wraith, replicators, Ori). Although, when it comes down to survival, it may be necessary.

The Asgard weren't too comfortable letting us use their beaming technology to beam nukes into Wraith ships and hyperspace weapons is just a step up.

Spoiler:
      I know the Asgard aren't around anymore....but this seems like something Daniel Jackson would speak up against if he was around.
      sine sine cosine sine,
      three point one four one five nine!
      Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
      [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
      This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

We flew an F302 through Anubius's shields using hyperspace.

Comment

Working...
        X