Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

INTERVIEW: Robert C. Cooper (Executive Producer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well then what is the answer they have given? I have yet to find that anywhere on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by suqata View Post
      Well then what is the answer they have given? I have yet to find that anywhere on this site.
      make a thread on it

Comment

another great interview gw cant wait for pt2
        sigpic
        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
        Metal gear fan

Comment

As much as I want to see more SG-1, the thought of more Bori-themed episodes turns my stomach. The show began to bore me in the ninth season and the tenth, well, let's just say SG-1 was no longer something I had to watch and if I caught it fine, and if I didn't, no loss.

There isn't much suspense etc or interest if characters, good bad or indifferent don't have strengths and vulnerabilities. The Goa'uld and the Replicators were well written 'villains'. The Goa'uld had god-like powers (with the aid of technology), and the Replicators were many and looked insect-like. Who would want to be swarmed by them? The scenes where they were trying to overwhelm the SGC could make your skin crawl, particularly if you don't care for insects!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what weakness did the Ori have?? Where were they vulnerable?? My point is the Ori were boring before, and I don't see them getting any more interesting.

A lot of the fun of the original show was the chemistry between the original four characters plus the strong and familiar supporting cast ie Hammond/Frasier etc. While I don't mind Vala (actually wouldn't mind a little less Vala), I find BB and Landry and Lam characters I wish would just go away. If you don't have empathy for them or find them sympathetic, I don't see how you can find them interesting.

IMHO, the Ori are a poor choice as villain from the get-go, and I sincerely hope that TPTB find away to dispose of them in these movies. If not in these two movies then any other SG-1 vehicle that would come after.

The way I feel right now after reading the interview with RCC is that I'm unlikely to spend the $ on the DVD's if its going to be more Ori/Bori/Snori.

Comment

Part 2 is now online!

Rob talks about Stargate Universe, his upcoming Atlantis episode "Doppelganger," and the future of SG-1 DVD movies.

http://www.gateworld.net/interviews/...s_part_2.shtml
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

read it posted the new bites to there proper threads ... it's great to hear from robert IMO he seesm to be taking the driver seat thses days for the franchise

Comment

Hahaha, "Shark Terror Death"?! For cryin' out loud!

Poor Rob.

Great interview, as always Darren and David. The 3rd series just seems more real than ever now they're talking about all of this stuff, about MGM asking them and so forth.

Also, my expectations for Doppleganger just got raised (again); it's always nice to know that an episodes comes from the writer's experience instead of just their head spinning out the ideas. That way, they'd KNOW how it feels to deal with these issues, instead of guessing, which may lead to more unrealistic situations and reactions from the characters.

Oh, and what's this?

Our intention is, when we're done [with] that, in mid-June [2007], to jump on a script for the pilot of the third series.
                Holy crap, does that mean they've already started work on Universe's pilot, already?! I gotta go ask JM.

Comment

PG15: They said that they will begin to write the pilot after the 2 DVD films at this summer! I think if they get green light, than the casting will be in autumn and they can produce the first episodes in February and March.

I was bit sad, because he didn't say new things about the third series. I hope they won't forget the Asgard's legacy.

Darren and David: Thank you.
                  Last edited by Platschu; 06 July 2007, 12:34 PM.
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Rob indicated in March that the fact that they were focusing on the two movies through the winter and spring of this year and not on Stargate Universe would actually give MGM (hopefully) plenty of time to secure financing and anything else they needed to do.

That means that with a script written over the summer, it's entirely possible that they might get a green light, cast in the fall, and go into production next Feb/March for a 2008 premiere.

That depends, of course, on the other giant piece of the puzzle: Just where Stargate Universe is going to air. Or perhaps the right word is "air," since in this interview he's subtlely hinting at the possibility of digital distribution. It will also be interesting to see if SCI FI is ready to commit to a third series for '08, and whether or not that is affected by Atlantis's renewal or cancellation.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

sounds like mgm are really trying to make the franchise stronger
                      SKY should be first to air stargate universe
                      sigpic
                      Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                      Metal gear fan

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
                        sounds like mgm are really trying to make the franchise stronger
                        SKY should be first to air stargate universe
                        just don't air it on scifi

Comment

Overall....great interview! It's good to know that MGM wants to continue the Stargate concept in one form or another.

Comment

I would be shocked if Ark of Truth even comes close to what the DVDs do. And I think MGM is in for a shock about them too if they intend to wait til next year to release it. <shudder> All the arcs I abhore smooshed into 2 hours. I think I'll give it a pass, thanks. But then, I gave S9 DVDs a pass also. The jury is still out on the S10 DVDs

I am however, looking forward to Continuum.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Adria View Post
                              . . . it's great to hear from robert IMO he seesm to be taking the driver seat thses days for the franchise
                              and therein, IMO, lies the problem with the future of Stargate. Personally I am relieved that Joe and Paul have the helm of SGA, perhaps they won't screw it up. If RCC had the helm I'd be more worried and honestly wouldn't waste my time watching. I wasted too much time on S1-2 of Stargate Command hoping to see SG-1 and was alas disappointed. Don't plan on spending any $$ on ark of truth either.
                              Last edited by binkpmmc; 21 July 2007, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X