• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gilmore Girls.... Poor Gilmore Girls :(

Spoilers for seasons 4+5

(always nice to remember a space)

Big space....

Better people?

What happened to this wonderful show. Last night's episode was so wrong, just so very wrong. It takes place right after the season finale then this weeks episode is like the season primere, what the hell is going on.
    Last night's episode should had been the season final for last season, I'm glad it wasn't through because at least we got 4 good season out of the show.

My sister and mom thought the Rory sleeping with Dean thing wasn't like her, but I thought it was ok, if she only did it once, but what the hell?!

Rory getting ****ed by Dean AGAIN! What's up with that?!?! That's so not her, then she goes and brags about it to her friend, who also is no help and doesn't even care.

The grandma is acting crazy. just a few hours, if that, before she is mad at Lorelai and now she is acting like a freak??? I don't get it, did they hire no writers or something.

Dean's wife is a *****, but this episode she is all nice and Deans, the *******. Dean should never be the *******, he is way too hot to be one.

The show just feels so wrong, and off, I couldn't stand, halfway through I started looking at TV Guide to see if anything else was on.

Next weeks looks worse, I haven't read the spoilers, but prob will, but Rory just ditches Dean and screws everything up. Nice going *******. Hopefully Lorelai and Rory will make up because that's only the MAIN POINT OF THE SHOW!

Anyone else feel the same?
    Last edited by David85; 23 September 2004, 01:05 PM.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Pssst.... Might be a good idea to add spoiler warnings for the season premiere/Season 4(?) in the subject line of the thread

I was disappointed. This ep was NOT worth the wait. I'm not interested in watching characters have sex or watching them be obsessed with sex or even having too many episodes focusing solely on the love lives/bedroom antics of the characters. I like watching the characters themselves trying to move through their wacky lives. I like all the nutty people that populate those lives. Love should only be a moon circling Planet Gilmore and it shouldn't have enough gravity to drag the whole planet out of orbit.

The Luke/Lorelai stuff was sweet, it felt like "real" GG stuff. But the mess with Rory... it's unecessary and damaging and whatever avenues they're trying to explore with this arc should be cordoned off and ignored, IMO. I think that The Rift they're trying to develop is a supremely bad idea. Rory & Lorelai, Lorelai & Rory- they're the heart and soul of the show. Leave them in discord and the whole show will fall apart.

Comment

It's the fifth season primere. I put a spoiler warning, just forgot the space.

The thing that get's me is that Luke and Lorelai this is fine, but I swear a season or two ago someone asked TPTB about them and they said they would never get together and just tease with it, but I guess they are running out of ideas.

Let's hope this is short lived and just a storyline to get rid of Dean. But still the whole show seems wrong.

I have a question...

What ever happened to the dad? It looked like Lorelai and him were going to get back together then the baby happened, then he disappeared. Where did he go? And don't say "To his own show on ABC".
      It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

you may want to add a bigger space, people running a screen at high resolutions (1024X768 and 1280X1024) have no problems seeing the text even with the space added in.
        Alex :: UE Photographer @ Large
        www.alcsnet.com/urbex-milton/
        2 Cor 4:7

Comment

The WB has said that this will be the last year for Gilmore Girls since the network wants to "move in a new direction" whatever the heck that means.

I liked the episode. Nothing came out of the blue. The crazy Emily makes sense to me. I think it's hilarious that she's acting more like Lorelie. I didn't see that Rory was bragging about Dean, she's understandably confused about what's happening but Lane really didn't have the frame of reference to help.

The whole premise of the show is teenage sexuality and the consequences there of. The quirky characters are just icing on the cake and as much as I like the funny conversations they'd get boring if there wasn't more riding on what people do.

Comment

Originally posted by Slainey
            The WB has said that this will be the last year for Gilmore Girls since the network wants to "move in a new direction" whatever the heck that means.
            If "The Mountain" is an example of the 'new direction' The WB wants to go, I think I am going to lay off the network except for watching Jack and Bobby.
            If true it's a sad move for The WB, I have caught a few episodes of GG and it really is quite good, I'm just upset that I wasn't able to get into it from the beginning.

Comment

Jack and Booby is trash. Maybe that's where they want to go with the network, the trash bin.

Honestly through they are pretty much throwing everything out so they can put sex on the show, and that only works with Smallville.

On October 2 I think, it's a Sunday, ABC Family is going to be showing Gilmore Girls marathoon, and then some special, the next day it will start it's run 5 days a week at 5pm eastern.

You can also find the DVDs for about $43 ecah which isn't bad.

Comment

Originally posted by David85
                You can also find the DVDs for about $43 ecah which isn't bad.
                I was seriously considering it, they are 68 dollars here, but I already have many shows on DVD, I don't think I'm ready to start a new one.

Ah I see you replaced Bobby, with booby - how witty

Comment

Working...
                X