Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SGA season 4 takes place after The Ark and Continuum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    Yup and 2001. I forget who it was now but one of the writers wanted to do another ep but it got scrapped.
    That bites. They were actually pretty interesting bad guys. A nice mix of the Genii and Goa'uld.

^That made me think about what if Kolya got implanted with a Goa'uld?? The would be one bad dude
    click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

If there are more SG-1 movies besides these first two, and Carter remains on SGA, I'm sure TPTB will try and tie events into one another. Maybe make them easier to follow (you know, what happened when).
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
        That bites. They were actually pretty interesting bad guys. A nice mix of the Genii and Goa'uld.

^That made me think about what if Kolya got implanted with a Goa'uld?? The would be one bad dude
        Oh my, that would be bad.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Actually, both exist outside of continutity - and the have not yet decided 'when' they take place. Ark of Truth appears to take place immediately following S10 fo SG-1. Continuum is not in any current timeline.

Check out the video interviews here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=45216

Tech Junkie

Now, upgraded with 1 forum demerit point for the use of sarcasm.
          "The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote."

Ambassador Koch, Believers, 1.10 B5

Comment

Sorry prion you've got it backwards. And yes they take place before season 4 and it follows the SG-1 storyline but seperate from SGA. It was orriginally intended to release in the fall along with season 4 but fox decided differently. SO don't be confused just look at them as seperate.
            Can you point toward the interview/etc where it's stated that these movies take place before season 4?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Can you point toward the interview/etc where it's stated that these movies take place before season 4?
              It was never specifically stated but what was confirmed is that Ark takes place right after Unending and Continuium picks up after that and is where Sam gets promoted. I can't pinpoint where I saw that I think JM's blog.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Agree that Continuum is not important wrt timeline in Atlantis; however, Ark of Truth is important.

Imagine the scene where Carter shows up to take command of Atlantis. In a normal conversation someone would ask So, how is the war with the Ori coming along? Certainly there are individuals in Atlantis who would be concerned about their families on Earth, etc. It strains credibility to believe no one would ask Carter about the war with the Ori.

So, if Ark of Truth supposedly takes place before the timeline of season 4 of Atlantis, how will the beans not be spilled?

Comment

It was never specifically stated but what was confirmed is that Ark takes place right after Unending and Continuium picks up after that and is where Sam gets promoted. I can't pinpoint where I saw that I think JM's blog.
                  If you can find it, I'd appreciated it, as I looked and could not see any verification.

Originally posted by freetoken View Post
                  Agree that Continuum is not important wrt timeline in Atlantis; however, Ark of Truth is important.

Imagine the scene where Carter shows up to take command of Atlantis. In a normal conversation someone would ask So, how is the war with the Ori coming along? Certainly there are individuals in Atlantis who would be concerned about their families on Earth, etc. It strains credibility to believe no one would ask Carter about the war with the Ori.

So, if Ark of Truth supposedly takes place before the timeline of season 4 of Atlantis, how will the beans not be spilled?
                  Yup, people do just idly chitchat and you'd think if the Ori problem was solved by the time Sam reaches Atlantis, it would be mentioned, which in that case would sort be a spoiler for the movie, but then we all know SG1 will defeat the Ori in two hours (more or less) in one movie as they no longer can drag it out in a series.

But then I suppose it doesn't strain credibility anymore than that nobody mentioned Carson after he died. out of sight, out of mind

Comment

Carter will be a Colonel for both movies.

Jen, the cow hugger writes: “Since Carter will be heading Atlantis, does this mean she was promoted to Colonel?”

Answer: She will be a Full Bird Colonel for both the movies and Atlantis‘s fourth season.

Comment

I thought I read/heard somewhere that the movies doesn't really have to follow a specific timeline, but I am unsure about that. But wasn't it that Carter will leave Atlantis for a while and then return? Couldn't it possibly be that she goes back to SG1 for, at least, the 2nd movie? And the 1st movie is ment to be before the events of SGA S4? Cause it wouldn't make sense for her to leave SG1 in the middle of something...

I get confused about all this. It would make sense for the movies to air/be released before SGA S4 comes around. But as the movies won't be out untill next year I kind of feel that they are completely seperate from the SGA timeline, which makes it even more headspinning for me. It wouldn't really matter if Carter wasn't gonna be on SGA, but since she is, the movies and SGA S4 timelines seem to be a bit seperate. But the 1st movie must be set before SGA S4 as she will be promoted to Colonel there, or she is between the last ep and the movie?

Comment

From what TPTB have been saying, I get the impression that The Ark Of Truth will be set before season 4, and as for Continuum I don't think they've decided yet. I've asked Mallozzi about when they're set but got no reply.

Comment

Yes sure, it seems logical to close the Ori arc before Carter came to Atlantis (S4). As for the other SG-1 movie we can't be sure.

Comment

it would make sense i mean carter can't go from pegasus back to the sgc go throught the big adaventures and come back ......

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Carter will be a Colonel for both movies.

Jen, the cow hugger writes: “Since Carter will be heading Atlantis, does this mean she was promoted to Colonel?”

Answer: She will be a Full Bird Colonel for both the movies and Atlantis‘s fourth season.
                              So aparently they promoted her during hiatus, but it still doesn't detail which comes first, the movies or season 4.

Comment

And we have confirmation:

Gilles Nuytens: The two Stargate movies that you just finished shooting, in the timeline do they take place before Sam goes to Atlantis or …

Amanda Tapping: Yeah that’s a good question because we talked about that do they run concurrent timelines. Is the Atlantis timeline exactly in line with the SG1 timeline. The producers have decided they are not concurrent timelines but definitely these two movies happen before Sam goes to Atlantis.
                                http://www.thescifiworld.net/intervi...tapping_01.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X