Page 1 of 48 123411 ... LastLast

Default Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

Ok so the ratings for the finale came in, about 2 million viewers watched the Season finale of Stargate Atlantis on Friday June 22th 2007. Now even with the long hiatus between 1st and 2nd half, Major box office competition, and fans using alternate methods to watch, the show still managed to squeak by some of it's other show competitors like BSG in ratings.

Do you feel there is a good chance for a Season 5? Are you happy with the show direction and want the show have more seasons?

Discuss your pros and cons. Please keep it civil of course, a good debate and dicussion can change people's views of that they want.

Have Fun!
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Default Re: Do you think there will be a season 5 of Stargate Atlantis?

I say yes to all of the above questions. They've proven to beat the odds so to speak, especially under fire by irate fans. They appeal to a certain level of the masses which is enough to get them through S3 in the top 3-5 of scifi shows if not top 10, but never below that. I find that commendable on the part of the committment of the fans who will watch the show, and proof positive of the fan base that is loyal despite skiffy's changes and actually the changes that SGA has experienced.

In regards to S4, it is proving to be extremely interesting and I personally like what I've heard of all the eps that have been mentioned even if I have my concerns about a few, overall I can't wait to see what they have to offer us as viewers. If S4 lives up to the impressions I've been given, and counting the semi-success of S3, I think S5 has a strong chance. But then, I thought S5 always had a chance no matter what, if only to give SGA it's 100 eps to fall sort of in line with SG1.

But I think SGA might build on with a larger fanbase especially with the loss of SG1, and Carter's inception, but also with the future loss of BSG which may lead some viewers who are just supportive of "ship" shows to tune into SGA---as it will be the only show with "space battles" and "ships" on television to date.

I say long live atlantis

I think that season 4 will deffenlity attract more viewers
    it´s possible that it will be the best season so far

We'll see, depends on season 4. If season 4 has to many (bad) changes, a lot of fans will stop watching.
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...otdead_emh.jpg http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x...ojana/bild.jpg

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
    Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Lots of people have already been talking about this topic in this thead.

Renewal will depend on many factors that affect ratings, including whether fans stick around until the fall, whether Atlantis can survive without SG1, and how fans respond to the changes in s4.

It's all up in the air, but I won't be shocked if Atlantis is not renewed.

Probie

The only way I see SGA not continuing is if Sci-Fi finds an increadibly horrible time slot for it. I just can't see Sci-Fi channel without a Stargate series to be honest, and I would expect to see Atlantis around for a while yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
    It's all up in the air, but I won't be shocked if Atlantis is not renewed.
    I won't be shocked too, if Atlantis is not renewed. The ratings before the final were just too bad and I think that when it comes down to cancelling the series only the third season is looked at. So the fourth season might be brilliant and still it might get cancelled.

In the multifandom region of subspace...shiny!

At this stage, I honestly don't know...hopefully the writers have gotten their fingers out for s4.

Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

I've been thinking about this a lot and I think there will be a season 5.

Airman

this show will go beyond season 5.

Even though its a spinoff series, it's damn good. The franchise has yet to disintigrate in the same fashion that Star Trek did with DS9 onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by tar21 View Post
    this show will go beyond season 5.

Even though its a spinoff series, it's damn good. The franchise has yet to disintigrate in the same fashion that Star Trek did with DS9 onwards.
    I wished the renewal of a series was only up to how good it is, but the ratings are important and at the moment they are not as good as they are supposed to be.

If it was only up to how good the series is, then SG-1 would be still on air and some other series too.

I am not just a Stargate fan I also watch BSG, Eureka, and The Dresden Files. Of course Stargate is my first choice. Comparing notes to all these shows, Atlantis still stands out as a major series to the network. If it was getting ratings like around a .08 or .09 for an average then I would agree season 4 could be the last. But when the season averages 2nd best in the network, come on. The BSG season finale only pulled in a 1.2! ECW for like the past 3 weeks has only gotten a 1.4!

Also remember...

• Long Hiatus lost viewers
    • Long Hiatus caused people to view episode by other means
    • Major Box office competition
    • Entire ratings for all networks down, so all shows are effected

I don't know what else to say, I just think it's common sense to at least give SGA a 5th season.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=11231&dateline=1312816860 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1312816860</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    I am not just a Stargate fan I also watch BSG, Eureka, and The Dresden Files. Of course Stargate is my first choice. Comparing notes to all these shows, Atlantis still stands out as a major series to the network. If it was getting ratings like around a .08 or .09 for an average then I would agree season 4 could be the last. But when the season averages 2nd best in the network, come on. The BSG season finale only pulled in a 1.2! ECW for like the past 3 weeks has only gotten a 1.4!
    Also remember...

• Long Hiatus lost viewers
    • Long Hiatus caused people to view episode by other means
    • Major Box office competition
    • Entire ratings for all networks down, so all shows are effected

I don't know what else to say, I just think it's common sense to at least give SGA a 5th season.
    I agree with you whole heartedly, that's why I was surprised by the poster who said the ratings were too low. They were low on average but JM said continously that they're low all round. ECW was in the 2.0+ bracket and was pushed down to 1.4-1.6 that says a lot. So to see, as I mentioned in my earlier post that SGA was on average at around a 1.3 especially taking into consideration what's listed above---to still make it in the top 10 scifi shows if not the top 3. To take it one step further probably no.1 on many occasions if we take away the lame ass scifi films that air---the show will continue on. It actually did well this season. Not as it could, but the many variables with low advertisement, lack of reruns on scifi, and with the long ass hiatus...SGA did pretty remarkably.

All in all I think it merits a S5, and I do think they'll get it.

By the way if I have to admit fangirl association to any show---other than Ugly Betty it will have to be Eureka. I adore that show!!

Quote Originally Posted by vaberella View Post
    I agree with you whole heartedly, that's why I was surprised by the poster who said the ratings were too low. They were low on average but JM said continously that they're low all round. ECW was in the 2.0+ bracket and was pushed down to 1.4-1.6 that says a lot. So to see, as I mentioned in my earlier post that SGA was on average at around a 1.3 especially taking into consideration what's listed above---to still make it in the top 10 scifi shows if not the top 3. To take it one step further probably no.1 on many occasions if we take away the lame ass scifi films that air---the show will continue on. It actually did well this season. Not as it could, but the many variables with low advertisement, lack of reruns on scifi, and with the long ass hiatus...SGA did pretty remarkably.

All in all I think it merits a S5, and I do think they'll get it.

By the way if I have to admit fangirl association to any show---other than Ugly Betty it will have to be Eureka. I adore that show!!

As much as I love Eureka, I do not see it getting higher than a 1.5 average next season. I don't want to give people false hope who want a 5th season, but look at the statistics and just common sense. It was expensive to run two Stargate shows, now with only one left, Cost of production is cut in half if not even more. So with COP down, ratings can fall a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Briangate78 View Post
    Ok so the ratings for the finale came in, about 2 million viewers watched the Season finale of Stargate Atlantis on Friday June 22th 2007. Now even with the long hiatus between 1st and 2nd half, Major box office competition, and fans using alternate methods to watch, the show still managed to squeak by some of it's other show competitors like BSG in ratings.

Do you feel there is a good chance for a Season 5? Are you happy with the show direction and want the show have more seasons?

Discuss your pros and cons. Please keep it civil of course, a good debate and dicussion can change people's views of that they want.

Have Fun!
    Yes to all. I think that season five is a strong posibility and I am definatly pleased with the current direction.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

I sure hope it gets alot more than 4 seasons,it's one of the best Sci-fi shows on the telly now,i never watch episodes on the net,i wait till it's on Sky to watch it but the only problem is they don't take into account the viewing figures in the U.K.it goes by the viewing figures in the U.S.

They're ain't so much Sci-fi shows on the telly now and it is my fave genre!

Captain Team SG-1*save the show*'s Avatar
    off world formerly Burton on trent,england

i am hoping there will be a season five. i am still upset about SG-1 being cancelled (it would have been better if the writers/actors had decided to end it) and if Atlantis is taken from us too then i dont know what i will watch. All the good sci-fi shows have been killed off

I too watch stargate on sky one (and the repeats on sky one and two every day ) I wish they would take into account viewing figures from the UK and other countries!!!!

I also don't download the episodes, but I doubt that there are much more that don't do it.

Yes, that is really the problem. There are not a lot good science fiction series on air at the moment and almost all the good ones get cancelled.

And if it comes to the decision who is going to be cancelled and who not, only one country is counted, not all others.

I hope they relese this season at the same time in the most contrys so no one can download.
    moore seasons= very happy me

Quote Originally Posted by JoNzA View Post
    I hope they relese this season at the same time in the most contrys so no one can download.
    moore seasons= very happy me
    That is almost impossible. A lot countries prefer to have foreign series in their own languages, so all the episodes have to be translated and the new voices have to be put over the old ones.

Also it would take much longer for all the episodes to get released, because of the translating and if the translators are forced to hurry up everything is going to get more expensive.

Page 1 of 48 123411 ... LastLast