This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Weakness not revealed yet? - S2 Spoilers

Well in Season 2 (Aurora) for SGA, the Captain talks about a Wraith Weakness. What is this weakness anyways do you think?

Tech?
    Their biology?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

I'm not saying anything!!

Beware I have friends and they are watching
    Sig courtesy of LadyBozi. Thank you so much!
    += FAT BABIES! Teyla/Ronon rules!
    Spoiler:

R.I.P Carson, for now.
    Courtesy of LadyBozi

Save Elizabeth now!!!

Comment

The weakness was that the Wraith could not travel between Galaxies like the Ancients could.

Now they can
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

The Wraith weakness is us using Asgard tech to make tons of those Kull warrior outfits and then using them to wipe out the Wraith!

ehehheeheh
        sigpic

Comment

There NEVER was a weakness, the Wraith in disguise as the Captain's assistant made it up in order to try and make the Ancients hurry up and fix the hyperdrive so that the Wraith could get the advanced hyperdrive technology to get to Earth, there NEVER was and NEVER will be a weakness, at least not in that sense.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
            There NEVER was a weakness, the Wraith in disguise as the Captain's assistant made it up in order to try and make the Ancients hurry up and fix the hyperdrive so that the Wraith could get the advanced hyperdrive technology to get to Earth, there NEVER was and NEVER will be a weakness, at least not in that sense.

Vala,
            I'm pretty sure there was a weakness, I mean why would the Wraith delete the weakness if there wasn't one? I mean leave the weakness on there as to give false hope to the ancinets or the Atlantis team. So I'm pretty sure there is a weakness for the wraith tech
            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic
            So whats the worst that could happen?
            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
              Well in Season 2 (Aurora) for SGA, the Captain talks about a Wraith Weakness. What is this weakness anyways do you think?

Tech?
              Their biology?
              Plot compliant stupidity?
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Oragahn View Post
                well you never know.

I mean look at the plots in SG-1 that just suddenly ended then were brought up later. It may seem like a random plot device but there's no reason why they can't pick it up later just becasue they hadn't thought of one before hand.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

JM's blog:

Prior_of_the_Ori writes: "1) Will season 4 explain how the Wraith became such a big threat to the Ancients so quickly? 2) "Aurora" mentioned that the Ancient crew found a weakness in the Wraith, will we find out what that was? 3) Will the Atlantis Expedition encounter any Ancients this season?"

Answer: 1. Yup. 2. Sort of. 3. That remains to be seen.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                    I'm pretty sure there was a weakness, I mean why would the Wraith delete the weakness if there wasn't one? I mean leave the weakness on there as to give false hope to the ancinets or the Atlantis team. So I'm pretty sure there is a weakness for the wraith tech
                    I doubt it. It sounds fake. Plus, if there was a weakness, couldn't the crew have just sent a subspace message or something to Atlantis if it was that great of importance? And please don't say that the Wraith could have intercepted it because they don't seem to intercept any of Atlantis's information to the Daedalus and such in various episodes. Plus, the reason the Wraith deleted the fake weakness info was because he had to create a fake file about it to begin with so instead of having himself exposed, he deleted it.

Vala,

Comment

Ah the same weakness of most t.v. and movie villains. They even explain their plans to the Atlantis team, granted that plan is "I'm going to eat you", but they explain it nonetheless.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Ugh... it was a fantasy world.. thats why they couldn't send it back to Atlantis... :| There was a weakness, but the wraith came aboard, deleted it, and then he found out about them fixing the advanced HyperDrive and decided to stay and leech the technology

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                          I doubt it. It sounds fake. Plus, if there was a weakness, couldn't the crew have just sent a subspace message or something to Atlantis if it was that great of importance? And please don't say that the Wraith could have intercepted it because they don't seem to intercept any of Atlantis's information to the Daedalus and such in various episodes. Plus, the reason the Wraith deleted the fake weakness info was because he had to create a fake file about it to begin with so instead of having himself exposed, he deleted it.

Vala,
                          Exactly. By the moment they would know it, they would have logically broadcasted a signal all across the galaxy to be sure everyone, anyone, gets it.

Much like you can use internet to quickly spread an informtion of importance before controlling measures can be taken.

One single reason why they wouldn't want to broadcast any signal, imho, is that the Wraith didn't knew that the Lantians found that weakness, whatever it is.
                          If the Wraith had learnt about it, they may have quickly adapted.

So the data had to be transmitted secretly, much like the hot stuff that traveled aboard submarines during WWII.
                          The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Exactly. By the moment they would know it, they would have logically broadcasted a signal all across the galaxy to be sure everyone, anyone, gets it.

Much like you can use internet to quickly spread an informtion of importance before controlling measures can be taken.

One single reason why they wouldn't want to broadcast any signal, imho, is that the Wraith didn't knew that the Lantians found that weakness, whatever it is.
                            If the Wraith had learnt about it, they may have quickly adapted.

So the data had to be transmitted secretly, much like the hot stuff that traveled aboard submarines during WWII.
                            Makes sense to me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                              The weakness was that the Wraith could not travel between Galaxies like the Ancients could.

Now they can
                              That was never a weakness because by default Lantean warships only have insterstellar hyperdrives installed as well!

The Lanteans were in Pegasus for something like 5/10 million years, we never saw or heard of them splitting their time between the MW & Pegasus.

The battle was for control of the Pegasus galaxy, which only required interstellar travel that they already had. It may not have been the most efficient form of it, but it was enough to get them around the galaxy.

Vala,
                              There was a weakness because the crew was on the mission that enabled them to get it. They were obviously severely damaged, so they were forced to place themselves in stasis. I'd say maybe a few months maybe even years before they found the Aurora, the Wraith had got in there first. He probably read the logs first or whatever, discovered something that related to their mission. Screwed with the systems that allowed it to integrate itself into the crew, in which it had the ability to erase the secret file. Then the opportunity came along to trick them into building an intergalactic hyperdrive to allow them to get to Earth to establish a new feeding ground.

As to the weakness, we'll find it out in S4. I also read somewhere about the Asurans being revealed as well. If this is true I think it's the Wraith the find the Asuran weakness first, then use it against them which you'll get from reading spoilers from 'The Seer'.

For proof of this you look back at JM's blog on 24th April.

J Williams writes: “Anywho are we going to learn the wraiths weakness in season 4?”

Answer: Yup. And they’re not the only ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X