This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size of the Atlantis expedition?

I don't remember if this was mentioned, but how many people are in the Atlantis expedition? Somehow the number of about a hundred is in my head? But that seems kind of small.

Thanks.

My kind of guy:
    "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
    Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
    (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Never been mentioned. I doubt the number actually will be, or else they'll have fans taking screen caps of every extra and going "see, see, they said there was 102 members and I count 147 extras used and here are screen shots of all of them!"

Same with the exact number of countries. Weir says "over a dozen" in Rising, but last i knew the count was up to 18... which while over a dozen, sort of implies that I'd use another way to describe it

Comment

There's sure a lot, but an exact number was never mentioned as I recall.
      Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
      RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
        Never been mentioned. I doubt the number actually will be, or else they'll have fans taking screen caps of every extra and going "see, see, they said there was 102 members and I count 147 extras used and here are screen shots of all of them!"

Same with the exact number of countries. Weir says "over a dozen" in Rising, but last i knew the count was up to 18... which while over a dozen, sort of implies that I'd use another way to describe it
        Ah, very clever of them! Thanks. I was just thinking
        Spoiler:
        that we've lost 3 members so far. How many folks do we have?

I wonder if we'll have members of other cultures join us, like Teyla did.

Over 18 countries? Somebody's keep track? Oh, wait, this is scifi, of course someone would.

My kind of guy:
        "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
        Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
        (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
          Over 18 countries? Somebody's keep track? Oh, wait, this is scifi, of course someone would.
          Somewhere on the board is a thread with screen caps of all the flags seen in Rising, and than you add Zelenka. I don't remember the exact number but it was 18 or 19.

Comment

I tend to agree with the Major on this one. The crew is just big enough that they can afford to lose a few of them and still have enough left to get the job done...whatever that is. TPTB will never put a number on it.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Remember the episode of Star Trek: Voyager when they claimed to have only 38 photon torpedoes left? And then people on the Internet actually started counting every time they were wasted? I don't think the folks running Stargate want to run into a similar problem here.
              END OF LINE

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick
                Remember the episode of Star Trek: Voyager when they claimed to have only 38 photon torpedoes left? And then people on the Internet actually started counting every time they were wasted? I don't think the folks running Stargate want to run into a similar problem here.
                That's exactly what I was thinking of when I suggested that the day they gave a number that people on the net (or on this forum even) would start taking screen caps of every extra to catch when they have to many people. It's just asking for an inconsistancy to mention it. We might get a round figure, like the countries thing, but Dick is right about why they wouldn't.

IIRC, the shuttles and photon torpedoes became a big annoyance to the Trek PTB. But than, I think that was unavoidable with them because they keep issuing blue prints and technical manuals to milk the Star Trek francise.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Dick

They should be Voyager was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo bad with continueing the stories correctly that the best entertain from that "show" was counting all the mistakes.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

i don't think it was mentioned, but I would guess around 100-150 people.

Comment

I would guess that it is around 150 also. If you use the 38 minute wormhole there is only so much people and equipment they could put through.
                      Like others have said they would be smart not to give an exact number. Voyager told us how many crew people they had and they went through about 50 of them the first 3 years.

Comment

They didn't give a number for how many MALP's or Naquada Generators they had either and they've already lost one of each. TPTB are probably trying to avoid the supply problem by not giving exact numbers.
                        My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Yeah it's a good thing they didn't put a set number of people in the expedition. I guess they can always dress up the Aphosians in Atlantis jumpers and add them to teams as scouts and get around it that way, but this let their options open.

I wonder how many Gate teams are operating out of Atlantis now..so far we know Shep's team - Shep, McCay, Teyla, and Ford are the premiere team. The Seargent has one too.

Comment

Just wondering how many people actually live on atlantis?
                            After seening first strike, they use up alot of space also is it just me or they use the flat screen (looks like a long of glass)??

Comment

well it's never been stated but i'm guessing a few hundred at least. perhaps less. it's really hard to tell really.
                              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X