X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pompeii by Robert Harris

Hey,

Anyone here a fan of the book?

Have some hopes for the movie of the same name that was announced earlier this year?

Well, it's just my answer to both is yes absolutely, and i've setup a forum to talk about it specifically. The book as well, and news and gossip about the film.

Anybody here interested in historical fiction and wanna join?

Either way, mind checking it out?

http://www.talkpompeii.com/forum/index.php

It's still basic, fidning its feet you know but um, you've got to start somewhere right.

Thanks a lot

Nick,
    Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 21 June 2007, 11:43 PM.

Is this the same book you commented on in the Shep/Teyla thread after I commented on the ep Inferno? If so, then I'm interested.
    sigpic

Comment

Tooni! Hello again, i was going to contact you actually.

And yes it is that one.

Google's attracted a fair few people to the site so far, there is defientely interest in the wider story surrounding Pompeii at least, not that we needed Google to tell us that of course.

I'm thinking of giving away a copy of the book or an unabridged audio version, see if it gets things moving.

Not taken by some of the rumours i've been reading about, Orlando Bloom and Scarlett Johansson in two of the lead roles is not a good fit for the characters IMO. Not how i pictured them at least. And this is forgetting whether you think they are simply good enough in acting terms, this is less so with Scarlett Johansson but even still.
      Last edited by Nick 0208 Ldn; 21 June 2007, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick 0208 Ldn View Post
        Hey,

Anyone here a fan of the book?
        Oh yes.

Have some hopes for the movie of the same name that was announced earlier this year?
        Damn right. Roman Polansky making a historical drama based on a Robert Harris book- that has GOT to be good.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          Oh yes.

Damn right. Roman Polansky making a historical drama based on a Robert Harris book- that has GOT to be good.
          Ah, you are out there, that makes three including me, almost a crowd eh?

Though i like Pompeii a lot, Harris' last book called Imperium i was nto so keen on. What did you make fo it?

Perhaps you'd like to contribute on the forum too? Sorry , had to ask.

Lindsay Davies is consistently top class in my view, you read any of her stuff?

Comment

Working...
          X