No announcement yet.

Stargate SG-1: Farewell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't come into the series Stargate Sg-1 as a fan of the movie. I watched the first episode (pilot) because it either preceded or followed my one-time favorite show of the time on Showtime. But by the time 'Children of the Gods' was finished, I knew I'd be watching this show again. I was a fan.

I immediately took to the characters, but especially Jack O'Neill (for swooning reasons) and Sam Carter. I was also attracted to them being attracted to each other. By the third episode, 'Emancipation', Sam had become my favorite character. By the fourth episode, 'The Broca Divide', I'd officially become a Sam/Jack shipper.

But besides my favorite characters and storylines (see above), I loved the total feel of the show. It was a wonderful fantasy going along with these characters to other worlds and galaxies, and having them written so realistic and normal only helped to include *me* in their adventures and lives.

Even though my love affair with Stargate Sg-1 encompasses the original team, I've grown to have a soft spot for Mitchell, Vala, and Landry too. They've become part of the family of Stargate Sg-1.

I have a favorite episode for each character. With Sam, it's 'Entity'. Jack, 'Paradise Lost'. Daniel, 'Meridian'. Teal'c, 'Avatar'. I also like 'Avalon pt 1' for Mitchell's introduction, Vala, 'Crusade', and with Landry, 'Beachhead'.

I'm sad to see Stargate Sg-1 ending, but I'm VERY glad I still have the adventures of Sam Carter to look forward to on Stargate Atlantis.

Stargate Sg-1 will live long and prosper in my heart.

With affection,
    Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Wow, this is really cool!

I actually discovered SG1 quite by accident. I was channel surfing one Friday night and happened to see RDA on the TV. I have always been a fan of his so it made me stop and watch the show. The first show I saw was Emancipation - which I actually didn't like too well at first. While I like the concept, I just thought the story would have had more of an emotional impact towards the end of the season or in season 2 when we had more of a chance to get to know Sam better. So I was somewhat biased as I first watched the show.
      Edit: I have since rewatch Emancipation and really like it!

Anyway, I was really struck by the on-screen chemistry between Sam, Jack Teal'c and Daniel. They made me want to watch each week. It's hard to say who is really a true favorite. All the actors who have been in and are now in SG1 are really phenominal and are some of the most talented people I have ever seen on TV or the movies. I love to watch Cameron, Vala, Landry as casting changes have taken place. And I really missed some of my favorites like Janet and Martouf. They have all helped, along with the writers, directors, people behind the scenes, and so many other creative people to bring a wonderfully entertaining show to life each week.

Of all the characters though, Samantha was probably the biggest surprise for me. Here was a strong woman, blonde, beautiful, who wasn't made out to be a b*tchy, whiner or backstabbing type character. She had to fight to fit in, she is smarter than everyone else, she could be sexy without having to dress showing her assets and she managed to be one of the boys without losing her femininity!!

The humor in SG1 was just fantastic and is probably the one thing that I will miss the most. Though the humor does continue with SGA so all is not lost

I am sad to see SG1 being cancelled. Always knew the day would come some day, but some day is always so far away until it happens. I am grateful and glad that we got 10 years of some great stories and characters. And now we get to still see everyone in new stories through DVD's. So all does end well!

Rosehawk
      Last edited by Rosehawk; 20 June 2007, 08:51 PM.
      sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

- the first time you discovered SG-1
        The first time I viewed SG-1 was August 29, 2005. That was also the day Hurricane Katrina came through. That, actually, was the reason I saw my first episode, in a round about way. I was in Louisiana at the time, and that particular situation was all over the news. And I was watching. However, my roommate was watching SG-1. She'd seen it a few times and this was a Monday night marathon. I'd occasionally glance over and catch a scene or two, but then I'd turn back to the news. I was a weather nut...and this was just a powerful story. In the end though, it became too depressing. I turned it off and decided to watch what my roommate was-Stargate SG-1. The episode? 'Emancipation'.

- when it became a must-watch
        That first night I was hooked. Then I found out the show was on Monday-Friday and had marathons every Monday. A lo and behold, two others were coming up-the fan favorites one and a S9 one. It was a must watch from the start, and it was like Christmas getting a new episode almost everyday.

- what you love about the show
        Wow. Where to begin? I mean, the show has everything. Action, humor, friendship, romance, great plot lines, amazing mythology, relatable characters...need I go on? It's got everything I love all rolled into one.

- which characters made it your favorite show and why
        I love them all. Sam caught my attention first with her fight scene in 'Emancipation'. I was impressed. She's strong, smart, and beautiful-everything I want to be. And Jack. Oh, Jack. Completely endearing. Everything from his humor to his abilities as a commander to his 'playing dumb' act...I just love him. Daniel’s great as well. He's got a good heart and wants to do the right thing. I adore that character. While there is a childlike innocence about him, we have seen him evolve over the years. And Teal'c, a great warrior, is also my big teddy bear. He's the strong, solid presence on the team. I can't forget all the others such as Hammond, Janet, Jacob, etc. All of these characters just clicked and I fell in love with them all.

- one or two moments from a specific episode that are particularly memorable or poignant to you

I can't pick just one. I love team moments-snippets taken from time where you see the bonds these friends share. But there are moments like the battle in 'Lost City' that are awe-inspiring, or like Janet's memorial in 'Heroes' that are gut-wrenching.

This is not nearly as detailed as I would like, but it's all I've got at this hour!

~Jena
        Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 21 June 2007, 06:55 PM.

Comment

I've been watching SG1 since it first aired in the UK. I'd loved the movie with its take on Egyptian Mythology, and was fascinated with the idea that it was becoming a series especially as one of my favourite actors, Richard Dean Anderson was starring. It still remains one of the few times, I've made a point to watch a pilot episode and I wasn't disappointed. 'Children of the Gods' picked up right where the movie left off; adventure, camaraderie and friendship, sacrifice. By 'The Broca Divide', I was hooked and most definitely a fan. While my love affair with the show has had its ups and downs, I think its a credit to its overall quality through the years that the last season was as much a must-watch experience for me as its first.

The original SG1 team was the reason why I fell in love with the show; Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c. All four were fantastically conceived and executed characters yet what has made it fabulous over the years is seeing those characters develop, seeing the relationships evolve between them; seeing not only the times when they came through for each other against all the odds but the times when they disagreed; but all the time caring and loving each other anyway - just like a unique and dysfunctional family.

And yet, the other thing I love is that the four didn't exist in isolation either as they were surrounded by a richness of extended relationships; Hammond, Janet, Bra'tac, Jacob, Walter, Siler, Reynolds, Thor....and the new additions to the team at various times whether Jonas or Cam, Vala and Landry, have simply added to that richness. Seriously, who wouldn't want to be part of that family?

There are so many memorable moments from so many episodes to choose from - I started a list and had to stop - it would be far too long - just as the list of episodes to take to a desert island starts with the usual suspects of Abyss and Window of Opportunity, but adds one or two more until suddenly the entire DVD collection is making the trip...

My final comment here has to be about the cast, crew and production team. While I may not have agreed with every decision made nor every direction taken, time and again, they've created a quality show from the wardrobe to the special effects, the direction to the set design, the stunts to the make-up, the acting to the writing...and the show would never have lasted so long without each individual's contribution to the whole. So, thank you, one and all for ten years of SG1. It's been a pleasure making the journey with you.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
            Hi all,
            To commemorate the Stargate SG-1 series finale in the U.S. this Friday, we are putting together a very special send-off special feature for GateWorld.
            Thanks a ton! We hope that GateWorld's SG-1 farewell will turn out to be a very special tribute to the show we all love.
            First let me just say I think this is a brilliant idea!

First time I discovered SG1!
            I kinda discovered SG1 by accident. My husband and I were watching Star Trek Voyager on another station and as one does when ones possesses the tv remote, I channel surfed during the commercials and came across SG1. I used to be a Trekki, now I'm a devoted Gater!
            My first episode I recall watching in it's entirety was Desperate Measures and after having bought all the seasons that were currently available at the time, I watched every episode in a mad rush to catch up. It was so worth the late nights watching them all!! Addicted??? Nah, just passionately dedicated!

When it became a must watch...
            It became a must watch show pretty much from the first episode I saw. Poor hubby was not so happy as he was quite enjoying STV but SG1 won out in the end! Of course after watching the behind the scenes shenanigans I become totally hooked or rather engrosed in watching the dvd's repeatedly if only to start the day off with a good laugh!

What you love about the show
            What's there not to love about the show! Stargate has everything in it. It has science fact and fiction, humour (which I absolutely love!), drama, mythology, action and the most wonderful cast ensemble ever created...in my humble opinion!
            Stargate also inspires in others, what no other tv program I have seen, has before. And I feel that if a television program can motivate and inspire people to make positive life changes than what's not to love about Stargate!

Which characters made it your favourite show and why...
            That's a tough one. When I first starting watching the show, I was immediately drawn to Teal'c. I don't know why. He was strong and compassionate all at the same time. He was my hero!
            Then I became interested in Sam Carter. She is such an incredible character. She's strong, smart, a woman working successfully in a predominately male environment, beautiful, and caring about others around her.
            Of course then there's Jack! What can one say about Jack O'Niell! He's funny and caring and he's strong not just in the physical sense but also mentally. And he's pretty darn good looking too!!
            Daniel kinda reminds me of my kid brother. I love his sense of humour and I love his knowledge of history and how passionate he is of the other races they encounter. And he's cute!!
            I haven't had much chance to really get to know Cameron and Vala but to be fair, Cameron is kinda cute and Vala just cracks me up all the time. She's funny!
            So I guess for me, the original four members of SG1 together, made it my favourite show. But if I am truly honest, Sam Carter would have to be my favourite out right!

A moment or two from a specific episode that made it particularly memorable or poignant...
            Hmm...now that's even harder.
            I would have to say that a particular moment that is memorable for me from the episode Foothold is when Sam said to Colonel Maybourne:
            "Maybourne you are an idiot everyday of the week. Why couldn't you have taken just one day off".
            I love that scene. One of my favourite!
            I also loved the scene between Sam and Jack in Devide and Conquer when they were stuck behind opposite sides of the force shield. I loved the way they looked at each other. Ok...I'm a shipper but that was a great scene none the less!!
            Really, the are just too many memorable and poignant moments to just mention a few.

Good quotes from cast and crew
            I don't know of any. Sad as that may seem. I don't have access to magazines or interviews etc unless I have been given a link to one that has been downloaded on YT or elsewhere. But off the top of my head I don't recall any quotes from the cast or crew. Maybe I should rewatch some of the behind the scenes shots on the dvd's because I'm sure there is plenty there.
            Unless you mean something like what Amanda did behind the scenes during the filming for the episode Solitudes with RDA...now that was hilarious!! You know, the whole MacGyver thing
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hope this is not to late to add...
              The first time you discovered SG-1:
              Didn't have cable till I went to college and one day I was "studying" for an exam when I ran across the show; I was sucked in. I had no clue what I was watching but I loved it. It wasn't till my hubby baught all the DVDs and I watched them all in a few weeks that I realized the show was Stargate and that the episode was Forsaken.
              When it became a must-watch:
              Soon after watching the first 3 episodes, as I said I watched all the DVDs within a few weeks and was able to make another round before season 9 started. (which was all about a month and a halfs time)
              What do you love about the show:
              I love the fact that these are all events that can really take place. The idea that it is our modern world and we discovered a means to travel elsewhere without using anything more than our current technology level. Its facinating and lets my imagination run wild.
              Which characters made it your favorite show and why:
              I really don't have a favorite character. I fell in love with the "team" and the way they interact off one another.
              One or two moments from a specific episode that are particularly memorable or poignant to you
              WoO will always be a highlight for me. The actual rollercoaster of events. It starts of serious but has the overall light aspect in the center and ends off with a clincher of emotions. That is what Stargate is, it is serious but at the same time its light, not all doom and gloom.

* Post any good quotes from cast and crew that you can find in published interviews! Unfortunately we don't have time to scour the Web all by ourselves over the next two days, so we need your help to track down some really great gems. Check TV Guide and other entertainment mags, newspapers, fan sites, official sites, etc. We want to find the cast and crew talking about the show's history, the fun of coming to work, their fellow castmates and crewmates, etc.

Amanda Tapping: "I remember Michael Shanks and I walking in and seeing this Stargate for the very first time. Just walking in and suddenly seeing the Stargate, I mean, we both sort of went, 'Wow! This is huge!' Really, we were actually quite blown away." Timeline to the Future: Legacy of the Gate
              http://www.amandatapping.com/Scripts...display&pid=36

B
              Last edited by cess525; 21 June 2007, 09:28 AM.
              sigpic
              GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

First time I discovered SG1!
                Wow well that would be about 5 years ago, by accident Skyone in the UK were showing reruns every day at 5pm after Star Trek The next Generation so I started to watch while on holiday/vacation from college(at the beginning of season 5)

When it became a must watch...
                It became a must watch for me when I found myself hurrying home from college to see it and being excited about what I'd see next, and the fact I couldn't stop talking about it so much so I went and bought seasons 1-4 on DVD so I didn't miss an episode.

Wow there are so many things I love, but most of all its the characters, the humanity and how it has the ability to make us examine our actions and choices, it makes us THINK! Great and exciting stories too.

Which characters made it your favourite show and why...
                I like all the characters, but my most favourite right off the bat was Sam there was something about her that drew me in, she made me feel strong I was having a tough time emotionally and Sam and the rest of SG1 became my emotional support and when I couldn't cope any more it sounds stupid maybe but if it wasn't for Amanda/Sam I wouldn't be around to write this today, Amanda/Sam saved my life.

A moment or two from a specific episode that made it particularly memorable or poignant...
                Wow that's a hard question hmm, well there's lots but Singularity has be my all time favourite the Sam/Cassie relationship was very powerful and the scene in the elevator when Sam leaves Cassie is so emotional I still cry watching it, and I'm also a Sam/Jack shipper so Divide and conquer has a importance for me, hero's(part 2) Lost City and so many more.

Good quotes from cast and crew
                I can't get any quotes to hand, but I love all the ones I herd because they make me laugh like when Jack says "oh for crying out loud" or "do'h", when Sam says "Welcome to my life" lol yeah see SG1 is a hidden comedy

Most of all, Thank You to the SG1 "family" cast and crew for 10 wonderful, fantastic years of "Gate Travel" it is a wonderful ride.
                As Walter would say now "Stargate Disengaged"

With love always

Julia Smith aka samcarterrules
                Last edited by samcarterrules; 21 June 2007, 12:44 PM. Reason: spelling
                sigpic
                Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

oh wow the first time I discoverd stargate was when I was 6 I saw the movie then went to the series and fell in love with daniel jackson
                  and from that moment it was my fandom loved it and became addicted to it
                  what really got me into stargate was all the acheology stuff and egyptian stuff and ofcourse the scifi.

my favo charachter is ofcourse yes daniel jackson played by michael shanks I love his personaility well daniel jackson's ofcourse don't know mike's anyways yea I love how he handles things and wants to solve everything on a peacefull way and ofcourse that he has blue eyes and brown hair , love that with guys and then that he's an archeaologist.

I don't know why but lagacy always stayed with me and the light I'm a huge danny whumper so love that kinda stuff and I love daniel jack moments so I guess the light is my favorite ep

Michael's blog: "...one of the highlights was actually working (for a change) with my co-star Ben Browder. We often joke that for some reason, since he joined the show, we haven't been allowed in the same room, let alone the same scene together. We enjoy working with each other and this is one of the few times we have been allowed to interact on any level."

julia.

Comment

Since there is so much that I could say, I will summarize...

Stargate SG-1 was the best TV series since the original Star Trek TV series.

Many, many thanks to all who were involved with the show over the years.

Sue Green
                    Phoenix, Arizona

Comment

The first time you discovered SG-1
                      I first watched Small Victories on Channel 4 when they started Season 4 (ah, the good old days).

When it became a must-watch
                      Beacuse it was on a Sunday afternoon I had nothing better to do so I started watching it. After a few episodes I was hooked. After Window of Opportunity (which got me completely hooked) that Sunday afternoon slot became completely clear for Stargate. A bit off topic: I really miss T4 Sci-Fi Sunday. It was fantastic.

The action, fighting, ships, evil aliens, advanced technology etc. I love the idea that the stargate could be real because of plausible deniability I especially love the comedy moments put into some episodes.

Which characters made it your favorite show and why
                      I'm going to choose some more unusual characters:
                      Bill lee: I greatly admire him and hope that one day I could work in his job.
                      John P. Jumper: Just beacuse he's the real deal.

One or two moments from a specific episode that are particularly memorable or poignant to you
                      The most memorable scenes are:
                      Window of Opportunity: Golfing through the gate, Jack snogging Carter, Jack telling the death of his son. This was the povital episode which got me hooked and those are some of my favourite scenes ever.
                      Heroes: The most emotional and moving episode I have seen.
                      Fragile Balance: Michael Welch is exceptional as the young Jack.
                      Disclose: when Thor "drops in" to put Kinsey in his place.
                      "O'Neill suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here. I am reasonably certain his statement was in jest."

Quotes from cast and crew
                      “I can assure you, I’m not ready to give up my day job.”—Gen. John P. Jumper, Air Force Chief of Staff, on praise for his performance from producers of “Stargate SG-1,” on which Jumper portrayed himself, defending Earth against aliens, Colorado Springs Gazette, Dec. 8, 2004.

I would just like to congratulate everybody who made the show a outstanding success and to all of us fans who gave it their utmost support. I would also like to thank the USAF for it support and I'm sure they will miss the show (especially the Chief of Staff, who won't get to appear in it now).
                      "You don't know half of it".
                      Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                      (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

I first heard of Stargate when my general manager came into my office. He was going over the syndication shows for the fall and asked me about Stargate. I'd never heard of it – it was only season 2 after all – but said 'Hey, for an hour of Richard Dean Anderson a week, heck yeah I'll watch it.'

We didn't get the contract but my interest was piqued and I started to watch it on the station that did get the contract. I was totally engrossed. Here was this fun show with these cool folks doing this really fantastic job…who then went home and lived in the same world I lived in. There was no spandex, no sanitary space ship, no mysterious organization, just ordinary people doing an extraordinary job.

The whole 'maybe' aspect is what made it so interesting for me. And I could only add to that the fascination I had with the character of Sam Carter. Here was a woman that was more than the token female, the damsel in distress or the hero's boyfriend. She stood on her own amongst these guys and I loved every moment.

I eagerly watched season one and then, a year later when season two was in syndication, we got Showtime and I had a glorious year of 44 brand new episodes.

Right about then, bored and desperate for an imagination fix, I started to surf the web and found Heliopolis. I eventually read the whole archive – they had no more than a couple thousand stories at that time – and I found myself going , 'Hey, I can do that.'

So I sat down with pen and paper and found myself writing. Something I'm still doing today. I'm hopelessly untalented with music, drawing, crafts and love the fact that – thanks to Stargate – I have a creative outlet.

Because of the show and my involvement in fandom, I've made friends – and a few enemies. I've traveled to Canada, I've traveled to the UK. I've seen more of the United States and the world in the past seven years than I had in my whole life.

And it's all due, not just to the show, but the friendships that I've made because of the show. I have friends scattered all over the world and people that it talk to on a daily basis.

Regardless of how much I like or agree with what TPTB have done, this show has changed my life. It's opened doors and broadened my horizons and for that, I'll always be grateful.

Denise/Skydiver
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

the first time you discovered SG-1 - I couldn't wait until this show premiered. I had seen the movie at the theater, and was completely blown away. The idea of combining Egyptian mythology with alien visitation was such a different idea from your standard scifi show. Then I heard that Richard Dean Anderson had signed on, and that Showtime had given them a 2 year guarantee, and I was more than ready to set aside Friday nights. And the pilot didn't disappoint. If anything, it was even better than the movie and I was hooked. In fact, SG-1 was the only reason I had Showtime, and when Showtime let it go, I let Showtime go.

when it became a must-watch It was a must watch, pretty much from the beginning, but when I got hooked was Season 3's "A Hundred Days". Up until then I was content to record it, and watch it the next day if necessary, but with that episode, it became absolutely necessary to be in front of the TV at 10:00pm on Friday nights. I guess the team rallying around Jack, trying to get him back against all odds just made something click.

what you love about the show The team. The stories. The guest characters. The recurring characters. Everything combined to make an out of the ordinary scifi experience. Even people who don't really like scifi, seem to like SG-1, if they give it a chance, and that's good storytelling.

which characters made it your favorite show and why It's a toss-up between Jack and Sam. Jack because his irreverent humor, injected at just the right time, makes me laugh. Sam, because she's a woman in a man's world doing a great job, without resorting to feminine wiles, while still maintaining her femininity.

one or two moments from a specific episode that are particularly memorable or poignant to you

"Singularity" - Sam in the elevator, with Cassie going down, and then coming back up without her. I had enjoyed Amanda Tapping's performances up until then, but that's when I realized what a truly excellent actor she was.

"Serpent's Lair" - When Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Bratac escape from Apophis' ship, and look up at earth and realize that they saved it. Also when they come back to the SGC, and find out that Daniel survived.

favorite quotes

"Thor's Chariot"

Daniel: "Well, I guess we'll just have to hole up in here a while till things calm down."

Teal'c: "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson. They will, in fact, calm up."

"Crystal Skull"

Sam: Well look at these readings. Sir, these are leptons.

Jack: Get out.

Sam: Well that means something inside this pyramid is slowing down neutrinos. Normally neutrinos pass right through ordinary matter no matter how dense. I mean something like 500 million billion just passed through you

Jack: No matter how dense?

also from "Crystal Skull"

Jack: Hey! If you'd been listening you know that nintendos pass through everything.

I could go on and on, but I won't. I'd just like to end by saying, thanks to the cast, crew, writers and producers for giving us such a fantastic show. It's been a great ride.

And thanks to Gateworld, for bringing people together to talk about the show. Without SG-1 and Gateworld (the site formerly known as Starguide), I wouldn't have met some of the finest people it has been my pleasure to know, and that would have been a true shame.

KatG aka kat6919
                          sigpic

Comment

I have watched every episode of Stargate SG-1 from the very first night, which is when I also watched the movie for the first time. For eight years, I did not miss an episode's first airing except 2 times, and I watched them both upon their second airing the same night. So I guess you might say it became a must watch right off the bat. It has meant rushing home from PTA meetings, family gatherings, dinners out, and many other things over the years, but it was Stargate!

All of SG-1 and the characters of the SGC are characters I love, but Jack O'Neill is my favorite character. It is hard to separate Jack from Stargate in my thoughts. Whatever it is that makes Stargate special, Richard Dean Anderson's portrayal of Jack O'Neill is a part of "it".
                            Sam Carter would be my second favorite character. She is such a strong female role model.

I love all the characters and thank them all. Thanks to everyone responsible for bringing us this program for 10 years! And thanks Darren for providing us with a place to come and discuss it.
                            sigpic
                            ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

The first time I discovered SG-1...
                              The first episode that I ever watched was "Avalon Pt.1." I tuned in originally because I was a longtime fan of "Farscape" and couldn't resist seeing Claudia Black and Ben Browder again. However, the show soon drew me in based on its own merits, exemplified by its unique combination of mythology, legend, and good old fashioned storytelling.

When it became a must watch…
                              I got addicted to the show in its final season. I loved how they integrated Vala's character into the already established team dynamic. It had been awhile since I'd seen a show with such a feeling of camaraderie among its core cast. Even when the show missteps (which is very rarely), it's still miles better than most shows on television today.

What I love about the show...
                              The phenomenal balance of humor and drama. There are few shows that are able to mix drama with comedy as skillfully as SG-1 does. At the heart of it though, I keep coming back for the amazing storytelling and the chemistry between the team. I love how each character has his or her own unique relationships with the other team members. I enjoy the easy friendship between Sam and Cameron and I love the fun, romantic relationship between Daniel and Vala. There isn't a single character or relationship that I don't enjoy watching on this show!

Which characters made it your favorite show and why?
                              Hands down, Vala Mal Doran is the reason why this show has become a quick favorite of mine. She is one of the most unique, charismatic, and purely entertaining characters to come along in years! Claudia Black is such an amazing talent, able to balance the drama and humor so deftly that you wonder why she isn't a big-screen star. I love her chemistry with just about every person she shares screen time with, and I think Vala brings such a playful and fun chemistry to the show. She breathes new life into every character that she interacts with, bringing out facets of their personalities that I didn't even know existed. It's been so refreshing for me to see a strong, intelligent woman with a sense of humor! I had almost given up hope until I discovered SG-1.

One or two moments from a specific episode that are particularly memorable or poignant to you...
                              One of the most poignant moments for me was in "Momento Mori" when Daniel stopped Vala from running away again in the warehouse. Not only was it touching to see how much Daniel cared for Vala, but how well he knew her. I remember being swept off my feet by that scene, and I think that was the exact moment when I fell in love with SG-1 (and the Daniel & Vala pairing).

Another scene that stands out for me is when Vala is burned alive in "Avalon Pt.2." It was such an indelible, emotionally-charged scene. That moment made me realize that this show was different. I remember just sitting open-mouthed, unable to believe what I was seeing. Then the moment when Daniel holds her body, wow, I was just blown away.

There are really so many wonderful moments, but those two stand out the most for me. They had me riveted.

Good quotes from cast and crew…
                              "I think that it is a colossal understatement to say that I will always treasure this experience. Personally, I have spent the majority of my adult life working with these people, and only time will tell what life will be like without seeing them every day. Chris Judge’s pranks, Amanda Tapping's infectious smile, Ben Browder’s optimism, Beau Bridges’ "Tales of Hollywood," Clauda Black’s untold friendship, Don Davis’ tall stories, Teryl Rothery’s giddy laughter, and of course, Richard Dean Anderson’s relentless humor, sarcasm and massacre of everything cliché or mainstream. The dogs on set, the growing army of children on set, golf balls whizzing in every direction, gallons of coffee, reading scripts, Ivan Bartok shooting endless B-roll, Stargate hockey, Mallozzi’s suits and chocolate, prosthetic puppets, thousands of rounds of P-90 ammo, and rubbing the DHD’s red centre in just the right way. I could go on, but it might just be… unending."

"So, as we say goodbye, and move on to whatever happens next, I leave you with these borrowed words: “Life is too short.” I aim to really enjoy the rest of my years. Hopefully, as much as I’ve enjoyed the last 10."

-Both from Michael Shanks' final TV Guide blog entry entitled "Unending"

-Stefanie O.
                              Last edited by Stef; 21 June 2007, 09:36 PM.

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

- the first time you discovered SG-1
                                I was a late comer to SG-1, I first saw it in syndication on SPACE. I didn't like it. That episode was Tok'ra pt. I and I found it very confusing. Though I watched the whole episode, afterwards I promptly forgot about SG-1 for six months. It was then that I ended up watching the episode "Citizen Joe", which I absolutely loved- it explained everything, it was funny, this was obviously a show that didn't take itself too seriously. I've been watching ever since.
                                - when it became a must-watch
                                It became a must-watch after the fourth episode that I saw, "Meridian". That episode was so emotionally packed that it brought me to tears. Despite not knowing the back story of the characters very well, I found I cared about them a great deal. It was a great piece of television all round, and the scene where Jack says good bye to Daniel is one of Stargate's finest.
                                - what you love about the show
                                I love the humour and the characters; it's all about going on the adventure and fighting the bad guys with witty remarks and ingenuity.
                                - which characters made it your favorite show and why
                                Jack O'Neill's sense of humour is unbeatable; he says what's on his mind, and talks back to the villains at the worst possible moments. It's wonderfully irreverant. I think "Paradise Lost" is the quintessential Jack episode; it's got humour, emotion, and really shows what the character is all about.
                                - one or two moments from a specific episode that are particularly memorable or poignant to you
                                "Abyss", when Daniel tries to help Jack ascend and Jack just wants to die and stay dead, is I think one of the most emotionally powerful sequences of the series. That episode really illustrated how much these characters cared about each other. It was heartbreaking to watch Jack go through the ordeal of being tortured over and over, and to see Daniel so desperate to save him, yet knowing that he couldn't interfere.

~Kait (Trek_Girl42)
                                Last edited by Trek_Girl42; 21 June 2007, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X