Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I figured something out, I think. (spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured something out, I think. (spoilers)

I've always wondered why, in the Pegasus Galaxy, the humans were seemingly deposited on many worlds while in the Milky Way they were only formed on Earth, and then spread out later by the Goa'uld. Why did the Ancients deposit them differently in each galaxy?

Then I remembered the state of the stargate on Earth.

This is my theory...

The Ori plague sweeps through the galaxy, killing most Ancients. They decide to start human evolution again so that humans don't die out and stuff. They start it up on Earth. They leave for Pegasus, start it up there too, just for good measure. Say they only start the evolution process on one world in the Pegasus Galaxy, but they make sure it has a stargate. When the humans are good and ready, the figure it out themselves and spread themselves around.

They can't do that on Earth though. It's all the way in Antarctica.

I think it's as simple as that. The stargate wasn't reachable on Earth, so the humans never were able to spread themselves around in the Milky Way (until the Goa'uld came at any rate). So yeah, that's my theory.

It always bugged me how it was never explained why the Ancients spread around the humans in the PG but not the MWG, but this seems like a viable option.
    Last edited by any_gopher; 19 June 2007, 05:19 AM. Reason: early-morning grammar issues. yuck.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Nice theory.
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Thanks.

I've read many theories that fill in a lot of holes with a made up fan backstory, so I tried to keep speculation to a minimum and use facts that were there.

Comment

I totally agree i dont even see this as a theory i think its actually what happened.

Comment

Yeah, I kind of hesitated before I posted this because I began to wonder if this is the way it really was and everyone knew it, but I was just now connecting dots together that everyone else had already connected LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
            Yeah, I kind of hesitated before I posted this because I began to wonder if this is the way it really was and everyone knew it, but I was just now connecting dots together that everyone else had already connected LOL.
            Lol totally. We've never been given the chance to publicly access the gate with it being trapped in antarctica then the one being buried at giza. Good i guess because other goa'uld would come and we would have just been another group of slaves.

Comment

Working...
            X