This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

William Wallace

I have a question for the Scottish people on the forum is Willan Wallace a great hero for the Scots? I was watching Braveheart the other day (great movie) and was wondering was he that great or not? So please let me know also is there a Willam Wallace day? (joking but if there was that would be cool)

Also do the british hate this guy or what? I mean he did lead a rebelion against him. Also when did the Scots become part of the UK? I mean was it way after Willam Wallace or close to it?
    Vote Anubis for President in 2012
    A Face you Can Trust
    sigpic
    So whats the worst that could happen?
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
    It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

I'm british, not Scottish, and yes I frakking loved that movie too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace

WW was portrayed as a true scottish hero in the movie, but I heard rumours that he wasn't as patriotic as he was made out to be...
    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
      I'm british, not Scottish, and yes I frakking loved that movie too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Wallace

WW was portrayed as a true scottish hero in the movie, but I heard rumours that he wasn't as patriotic as he was made out to be...
      Go On
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

lol read the article and see for yourself.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic

Comment

england including wales and scotland became great britain in 1707 through the act of union although we had the same monarch since 1603- james the 6th of scotland bacame james the 1st of england
          so even though the two countries became one scotland was never annexed by britain

theres a plaque in his memory near were he was executed in london, i wouldnt really call him a figure of hate, and when most people havent heard of churchill i doubt theyve heard of william wallace

Comment

Originally posted by dosed150 View Post
            england including wales and scotland became great britain in 1707 through the act of union although we had the same monarch since 1603- james the 6th of scotland bacame james the 1st of england
            so even though the two countries became one scotland was never annexed by britain

theres a plaque in his memory near were he was executed in london, i wouldnt really call him a figure of hate, and when most people havent heard of churchill i doubt theyve heard of william wallace
            Churchill is one of the greatest men ever but I have to disagree have you ever heard of a little movie called Braveheart so I am pretty sure every male who loves a good battle scene knows who WILLIAM WALLACE is
            A Face you Can Trust
            sigpic

Comment

Yep.

sigpic

Comment

Yep.

Damn Straight
                A Face you Can Trust
                sigpic

Comment

Churchill's a great guy, but when he stars in a movie wearing a kilt and face paint whilst riding a horse into someone's bedroom and smacking them in the face with a huge spikey ball, only then will I compare them both.

sigpic

Comment

Churchill's a great guy, but when he stars in a movie wearing a kilt and face paint whilst riding a horse into someone's bedroom and smacking them in the face with a huge spikey ball, only then will I compare them both.
                    I can respect that
                    A Face you Can Trust
                    sigpic

Comment

And he has to make a huge speech about 'FREEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!' in front of an army of British troops before leading them into Berlin himself to capture Hitler and his evil henchmen.

sigpic

Comment

And he has to make a huge speech about 'FREEEEEEEEEDOM!!!!' in front of an army of British troops before leading them into Berlin himself to capture Hitler and his evil henchmen.
                        That would be a great movie but not very historically accurate but who cares FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOM
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Churchill: Sons of England! I am Winston Churchill.
                          Soldier 1: Winston Churchill is seven feet tall!
                          Churchill: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the Nazi's with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

English army laughs.

Churchill: I AM Winston Churchill! And I see a whole army of my country men, here, in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?
                          Soldier 1: Against that? No, we'll run, and we'll live.
                          Churchill: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

English army cheers.

sigpic

Comment

Churchill: Sons of England! I am Winston Churchill.
                            Soldier 1: Winston Churchill is seven feet tall!
                            Churchill: Yes, I've heard. Kills men by the hundreds. And if HE were here, he'd consume the Nazi's with fireballs from his eyes, and bolts of lightning from his arse.

English army laughs.

Churchill: I AM Winston Churchill! And I see a whole army of my country men, here, in defiance of tyranny. You've come to fight as free men, and free men you are. What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?
                            Soldier 1: Against that? No, we'll run, and we'll live.
                            Churchill: Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!

English army cheers.
                            You should write movies you know that Mapp
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic

Comment

Lol yea the movie was very inaccurate historically but it was fantastic, strange thing was mel gibson is a midget compared to william wallace, mel gibson is like 5'10 or sumthin when william wallace was 6'7. I have a scotland top with william wallace on the back lol

Comment

Working...
                              X