Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SILLYFAN View Post
    i did not like the movie because it did not feel as if it where related to Stargate sg1. was time travel involving characters and the device. thats it. the Russian Stargate was ok when they activate it. teal`c in children of the gods took a good argument, O'Neill magic tongue that anything he says everyone believes at him, and took more than 5 minutes to convince him. in the movie was less than 1 minute. like "hey come with us its more fun" and was all "ok sure i got bored be the prime of Apophis". plus Daniel getting his leg cut off after all the hell he has pass by on other planets to lose the leg on this planet in the past...
    The movie was deeply entrenched in the world of SG-1. However, you're right, it was more about time travel than space travel. We did see the Tok'ra home world, Ba'al's fail safe time machine, and a fleet of Goa'uld ships. This time, they weren't trying to convince Teal'c to betray anyone. His allegiance was sworn to Ba'al, not Qetesh. His mission was to reach Ba'al's fail safe, wait for Qetesh, and avenge Ba'al by killing her. SG-1 was merely trying to convince him to let them help. Teal'c's not stupid, and given Ba'al's shenanigans, it wasn't hard to convince him about the time machine. Whether serving Apophis or Ba'al, he always despised the Goa'uld. In "Children of the Gods," "The Enemy Within," and later episodes; we learn that Teal'c was waiting for the right opportunity to fight back and free his people. When SG-1 show up in Continuum, that was his opportunity. Mitchell was just the wrong guy to approach Teal'c. Daniel loosing his leg was an attempt to show the audience just how screwed SG-1 was this time. Teal'c and Vala were erased from history, General O'Neill was killed by Ba'al. Mitchell would have been the next one to be erased from history if they hadn't got to the stargate in time. Mitchell, Carter, and Daniel find themselves in an alternate timeline. When they finally convince the military of what has happened, they are told they don't have the authority to reset history, because it would erase the alternate timeline. To ensure the new timeline's existance, the team gets separated and assigned new lives. A whole year passes before they can unite and take action. That's pretty awful, no? The only times I can remember SG-1 being that screwed are when they got stranded in ancient Egypt in "Moebius, Part 1" and when they got stranded on the Odyssey in "Unending."

the ark was ok. i mean the ark of truth, the device its risky. if the area 51 manages to reprogram it, then the government could brainwash us to believe whatever they want to. nobody should have that power as the ancients decided to.
    That's why the Alterans didn't want to use it to begin with. The ending of the film was realistic, but I don't see anyone ever using it again. If anything, it's being kept at Area 51 as a precaution, just in case.

btw the control buttons of the ark on the top did not look as a primitive DHD? i was hoping something cooler and original...
    Why should the control interface look more primitive than the DHD? Who's to say the DHD is primitive? What you call primitive, I call simplicity to stand the test of time.

Comment

what imeant was, the controls of the ark looked as a beta version of a DHD. (a very primitive version of the DHD).
      i was hoping other kind of control. and the ark could look better not just a naquadah box with silly crystals scattered around.

Comment

Keep in mind that the movie's budget was seven million dollars, a little over twice the budget for an episode. This means that the movie is basically a two-parter with a cinematic polish. The movie was also filmed in just two weeks. That's how long it took them to film a two-parter of the series.

The ark could have looked better, but I think they did pretty good considering the budget and time constraints.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
          Keep in mind that the movie's budget was seven million dollars, a little over twice the budget for an episode. This means that the movie is basically a two-parter with a cinematic polish. The movie was also filmed in just two weeks. That's how long it took them to film a two-parter of the series.

The ark could have looked better, but I think they did pretty good considering the budget and time constraints.
          lol did not know that. i understand it now.
          but lets just be honest, i was not asking a real life ark of truth made of real naquadah.
          even if it looked like a box, a different control pad. it was like a tiny old DHD. i just wanted more creativity. the buttons could be like the center red ball but in different colors with inscriptions on it. i was not asking a keyboard as the Lanteans had on Atlantis.

Comment

True, but given how many sets and props had to be created for the film, there time to work on the ark was limited. I think they did pretty good as it is. Looking at a photo I found on Google images, it does look like a DHD. I never noticed that before. haha

Comment

LOL.
              everyone heres think that i make stuff up.
              anyways, there are 2 ways to look at it:
              - the ancients where lazy and everything looked the same.
              - the creator of the DHD was still thinking of the ark while he did the DHD.

as i said i just wanted a different control pad. i was not expecting the ark of truth being something out of the ordinary. something never seen and so cool we cannot stop watching the movie to see it. or want a new series called stargate: featuring the ark of truth. just a cooler look not a square box DHD with crystals scattered around.

Comment

We must remember that the Ark was created well over 3,000,000 years ago, so maybe the ancients weren't all that creative, and didn't care about making it look pretty or think about what it was going to look like millions of years in the future.

After all, they lived in what looked like a rather medieval setting on a flat ledge on the side of a mountain top. Maybe their imaginations didn't extend to making things look artsy and pretty.

Comment

ok no argue there.
                  but cmon...
                  look and compare:
                  DHD from milky way:
                  http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rusBaseDHD.jpg
                  Ark of Truth:
                  http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...k_of_Truth.JPG
                  Last edited by Bagpuss; 26 July 2011, 02:36 PM. Reason: Hotlinks changed to url code.

Comment

ok no argue there.
                    but cmon...
                    look and compare:
                    DHD from milky way:
                    http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...rusBaseDHD.jpg
                    Ark of Truth:
                    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...k_of_Truth.JPG
                    Ok. You're right about that. The ark does look a bit clunky in comparison. Maybe the film makers were making an attempt to make it look like the one in the first Indiana Jones movie (although I don't quite remember what that looked like). Maybe, though, it's just because it was the only one made (and the first one Daniel found was a decoy) and therefore they didn't believe it needed to look like anything special (maybe to deter any would-be looters or similar such people), while the DHD was something that was going to be sort of mass produced, since there were so many of them scattered around the galaxy(ies).

Comment

Maybe it was done intentionally to give the ark that Ancient look to it? Yes, that may seem lazy, but remember... the movie was put together very quickly. "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if the ark's controls looked like the DVD controls?" It probably went down something like that.

Comment

You have to remember that the inside/content of the Ark was the most important thing, not the outside. As a matter of fact, considering what it does I'd say it's not unthinkable the Ancients made it an ugly thing on purpose. After all, if it was all shiny and treasure trove-like everyone would want to open it on first sight...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                          Ok. You're right about that. The ark does look a bit clunky in comparison.
                          It's called a TV budget.

Maybe the film makers were making an attempt to make it look like the one in the first Indiana Jones movie (although I don't quite remember what that looked like).
                          They look absolutely nothing alike. At best, they are both box-shaped.

Comment

ok first i accept its a tv show etc.
                            second, what i said it looks pretty damn similar its the controls on the top of the ark of truth and the controls of the DHD. not the podium that its the DHD or the ark box shaped.

third, yeah the ark was before the DHD so the DHD looks like the ark of truth. sure the DHD was done before if we take for granted that the DHD and Stargate on the Antarctica was 50 millions years old.

fourth; laundry says on the movie that the area 51 its going to took the ark of truth to analyze it. witch its beyond scary if the wrong person gets hold of this device and knows how to reprogram ate it to make the people believe what they want to.

Comment

ok first i accept its a tv show etc.
                              second, what i said it looks pretty damn similar its the controls on the top of the ark of truth and the controls of the DHD. not the podium that its the DHD or the ark box shaped.

third, yeah the ark was before the DHD so the DHD looks like the ark of truth. sure the DHD was done before if we take for granted that the DHD and Stargate on the Antarctica was 50 millions years old.
                              Like I said, it was probably intentional now that I compare pictures.

fourth; laundry says on the movie that the area 51 its going to took the ark of truth to analyze it. witch its beyond scary if the wrong person gets hold of this device and knows how to reprogram ate it to make the people believe what they want to.
                              Very true, but it was a realistic ending.

Comment

One of many bad decisions throughout the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X