Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

It is now well know that if AoT and Continuum do well that more movies will be commisioned. Because MGM are not just taking into account US ratings but instead sales for the whole world, I expect both will be a success. I was wondering, what would you like to see in the third film, if and when it is made? Any story ideas? Old or new enemies? New technology/ships?

its difficult to say what could happen in a 3rd movie, as we still do not know exactly whats going to happen in the first 2, so we dont know what the situation is at the end of them. but i would like to see an episode that goes back to an old story that was left open ended, to tie up more loose ends.
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

I'd like to see a story dealing with the trust since it would seem that their story line has been left largely unresolved. Either that or honestly I wouldn't mind getting a planet of the week style movie. Classic SG-1, they go to a planet get in trouble, solve the problem, save the day and go home. I know it would just be a glorified episode but so what, if its entertaining and its a good story then I say why not.

Perfecto!

Comment

Id like to see say a third movie and beyond if need be, tying up the loose ends of sg1 before going onto new stories.
        Last edited by marty2006; 15 June 2007, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I would like to see them do more or less standalones that deal with things introduced in the show, like for instance the Furlings and the Trust.

Comment

I'd like to see a Stargate/Scrubs crossover, but that's just me.

HAW.

Kidding.

Furlings, of course. But beyond that, I'd be okay with mostly glorified (well-written) episodes with a few huge important long-term-arc centered films thrown in the mix.

Writing isn't the only thing important though... I would LOVE it to be visually, umm, cinematic is the word. I mean, there's a definite difference in the way an adventure film is shot and an episode is shot. There needs to be an amount of spectacle involved, i.e. the original Stargate film. Did you see Ra's throne room? Holy jaw-drop, Batman!

Some of the later episodes of SG-1 were shot in hi-def, but it kind of took away from it in my eyes. Sure it was pretty, but I don't want to be able to see the pores on Mitchell's face. A little bit of grainy allowed for just enough detachment to allow for the whole "escape from reality" feel, just like movies shot with real film look better than digital film because of the slightly-grainier quality.

Just my opinion. Basically, I want them to look like movies, not like long episodes.

So, that got a little off-topic. My apologies!

Ideas! Goa'uld from the past come to the future, only they're all possessing Unas', because these hosts don't know about humans yet. We meet the Unas-possessing Ra. This is how he finds humans in the first place. It ends with him going "HA HA HA, I'll GET YOU MY PRETTIES" (not necessarily in those words) and going back into the past to an Earth that DOESN'T know about him yet, where he takes control of the humans.

Just kidding. That'd be kinda cool I suppose, but it'd mottle up the timeline a little more, and that's a touchy subject for some.

Furlings. Just bring on the Furlings, man.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Really though... I'd like to see an army of Goa'uld with Unas' as hosts.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Here's what i'd like to see:

The retu again.

The wraith threatening our galaxy (not a atlantis character crossover though [as much as i like crosovers they should keep the movies as sg-1 only for the most part])

A standalone idea would be good.

also..........i like theinnkeeper's idea. really cool. there are still more goauld out thee. i'm sure most of them are just bideing their time trying to find a way to get back into power.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Personally, I'd like to at least some of the movies have completely new bad guys. Don't get me wrong, I like the Goal'uld, but we already had 8 years worth of stories about the. Although I don't mind Baal being in Contiuum since that is probably going to be tieing up his storyline.

Comment

Personally, I'm not that concerned if they deal with an old storyline or new one in the third film. I trust TPTB to come up with something spectacular, and I'm sure they will. All I care about is that a third movie is seeming more and more likely already, and the first two haven't even come out yet. To me, that is a very good sign for the future of SG-1.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I would prefer that the writers avoid the Trust and anything NID. I usually disliked those episodes. I prefer to see our team use the gate more.

I would like to see more of the following:

The Nox (it's time)
                      The Aschen
                      The Tokra (not my favorite-but overdue)
                      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Originally posted by MasySyma View Post
                        I would like to see more of the following:

The Nox (it's time)
                        The Aschen
                        The Tokra (not my favorite-but overdue)
                        Out of those three options, I'd have to personally go with the Aschen. Their storyline could definitely use some more closure IMO.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The Borg.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I would like to see a few things resolved a couple of which have been stated, but i will add my voice to them!
                            Here are my Ideas for the next or future movies:
                            1. Something involoving Kinsey and what happened to him
                            2. What did Nicholas Ballard learn with "the Giant Aliens?"
                            3. Can we finally meet the Furlings - PLEASE!!!!!!!

You know in some galaxies this is call loitering!!!

Comment

Well, I'm asuming (and honestly, hoping) that future movies will each be stand-alones.

I don't really want the Trust, because if we're going to have a movie (and I'm really hoping they continue), then it better involve the Stargate and be at least partly/mostly off-world. We don't really need Earth-based stories. And no crossovers with Atlantis. This is SG-1 we're dealing with (although, I don't know how that will work with Sam over at Atlantis. )

What I would like to see - new aliens, new technology, and new planets with the same old SG-1 team we know and love. Some classic exploration would be fun - meeting new cultures and all that. I'm sure there will be villains, but the main point of the story could be more about exploration than planetary defense.

I wouldn't mind revisiting the Nox, or figuring out what happened with the Re'tu.

And of course, everyone wants a Furling movie. It's bound to happen sooner or later, don't you think?
                              Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                              Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Working...
                              X