Page 312 of 312 FirstFirst ... 212262302309310311312
Results 6,221 to 6,229 of 6229

Default Re: Third *SG-1* movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

You have to remember that the inside/content of the Ark was the most important thing, not the outside. As a matter of fact, considering what it does I'd say it's not unthinkable the Ancients made it an ugly thing on purpose. After all, if it was all shiny and treasure trove-like everyone would want to open it on first sight...
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories. /

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Third *SG-1* movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

Quote Originally Posted by hedwig View Post
    Ok. You're right about that. The ark does look a bit clunky in comparison.
    It's called a TV budget.

Maybe the film makers were making an attempt to make it look like the one in the first Indiana Jones movie (although I don't quite remember what that looked like).
    They look absolutely nothing alike. At best, they are both box-shaped.

ok first i accept its a tv show etc.
    second, what i said it looks pretty damn similar its the controls on the top of the ark of truth and the controls of the DHD. not the podium that its the DHD or the ark box shaped.

third, yeah the ark was before the DHD so the DHD looks like the ark of truth. sure the DHD was done before if we take for granted that the DHD and Stargate on the Antarctica was 50 millions years old.

fourth; laundry says on the movie that the area 51 its going to took the ark of truth to analyze it. witch its beyond scary if the wrong person gets hold of this device and knows how to reprogram ate it to make the people believe what they want to.

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by SILLYFAN View Post
    ok first i accept its a tv show etc.
    second, what i said it looks pretty damn similar its the controls on the top of the ark of truth and the controls of the DHD. not the podium that its the DHD or the ark box shaped.

third, yeah the ark was before the DHD so the DHD looks like the ark of truth. sure the DHD was done before if we take for granted that the DHD and Stargate on the Antarctica was 50 millions years old.
    Like I said, it was probably intentional now that I compare pictures.

fourth; laundry says on the movie that the area 51 its going to took the ark of truth to analyze it. witch its beyond scary if the wrong person gets hold of this device and knows how to reprogram ate it to make the people believe what they want to.
    Very true, but it was a realistic ending.

Quote Originally Posted by SILLYFAN View Post
    One of many bad decisions throughout the series.

Default Re: Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

[...] The decision to reveal the program to the public would have formed the core of the third SG-1 movie, Revolution. After beating out the story with Brad Wright, Carl Binder got as far as completing a first draft before the project was shelved.
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...-tenth-season/

Lieutenant Colonel

Default Re: Third SG-1 movie ("Stargate Revolution") Ship Free hopes/speculation/ideas

That's old news...

it might be old news, but i'm still interested in seeing it come to fruition!!!

(((sg1)))
    sally

Lieutenant Colonel

Alas, it will not materialize unless it happens in one of the novels. Should it happen in the novels, it won't be based on the abandoned movie script. Take Atlantis's return to Pegasus. It was going to happen in the abandoned Season 6 opener which was reworked into the abandoned movie script. It finally materialized as the first post-finale book, but the story revolving around how and why Atlantis returns to Pegasus has nothing to do with what would have been the movie.