Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If given the opportunity to go to Atlantis would you go?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If given the opportunity to go to Atlantis would you go?

After watching Rising again, I was wondering if given the opportunity to explore another galaxy who would go knowing they would have to leave family and relationships behind and with the possibility of never being able to come back to Earth. So, at that point where Weir gives everyone in the SGC gate room the opportunity to back out, would/could you go and what skills/experience would YOU bring to the Atlantis Expedition???

i would i don't have much here so leaving wouldn't break my heart much
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I would like to go in order to help study the fauna on the planets that they would be visiting. I noticed that so far they have not mentioned having a zoologist at Atlantis and the closest they have come to anything like that is Dr. Brown who is studying the plants.
      "Time Travel: it's a cornucopia of disturbing concepts"-Ron Stoppable- Kim Possible

Comment

Would I go? Sure.
        What would I bring? Leadership qualities, motivational skills, linguistic ability, diplomatic nous, genius-level IQ, exceptional physical strength and resilience, captivating charm, stunning good looks.

Oh yeah, self-deprecation and modesty.
        sigpic
        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
          Would I go? Sure.
          Agreed. While I would miss my family (well... some of them), the opportunity to explore a new galaxy and discover the secrets of the Ancients would be too tempting. I've always been a history buff, and if Atlantis were real, I would jump at the chance to explore it.

What would I bring? Leadership qualities, motivational skills, linguistic ability, diplomatic nous, genius-level IQ, exceptional physical strength and resilience, captivating charm, stunning good looks.

What would I bring? Historical knowledge, a strong head for theoretical science, the ability to memorise technobabble... oh, yes, and more firepower than a small army!

Seriously, I would love to go to Atlantis. I could spend years studying the city, trading notes with Zelenka, spiking McKay's coffee with lemon juice when he's being more of an ass than usual... but I would want some assurance that I would survive the expedition. I wouldn't join the Atlantis expedition (or anything which involved going off-world) without a) the training, and b) the firepower to deal with threats without an SG team covering my six.

While I doubt I could ever be as good a shot as an average USAF officer, I would still want to be better than McKay or Felger when it came to using a gun! So: if Atlantis is looking for a gun-ho historian with anger-management issues, sign me up!
          Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

I would go in a heartbeat.

how could I aid the expedition?

I think I'd be a pretty good lab rat

Comment

I would most definitly go. My guess is that I'd be a part of the USAF as a meteorologist seen that I am currently going for a job in the military meteo service
              The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

I'd go.

What to do? I've got background in science, engineering and programming. I'm also not a bad shot and am a somewhat ok tactician.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post

Lol

Comment

hell yaeh i'd go. What would I take? I don't know probly some of my 40k mintures lol. How would I be able to help? that I don't cause currently i'm a share trader.

Comment

I'd go, nothing to stay here for really.

What could I bring? I'm a model maker, which means i can make casings for all the machines the scientists make, as well as the components they need. I can weld so can repair ships (if all they need is a little welding ) would need to set up a workshop though, havent seen one in Atlantis yet!

Comment

In fact, all I have to do is somehow get a job working in the prop department for Atlantis and I could do those things and stay on Earth.... If only I could get to Vancouver

Comment

ok...so I was nearby the atlanis set...and it was magical. It was by accident while I was on Vacation in vancouver, but I was driving down the road and to my right was a puddlejumper!!!!!!!!

anyway...offtopic yes, but I love that story. Twas' one of the greatest things

I would go to atlantis as a linguist. I am going to study it in college, and I am already bilingual. I am an excellent shot, so I could go on missions. I am doing a double major with foreign affairs, so I would be a good delegate

I think they would take me

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
                          hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
                          Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
                          OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

While I'd love to say yes, I don't think I could. At the moment, I'd be leaving too much behind here on Earth. However, if I didn't have the close family and loved ones that I do, then yeah. Of course I would go.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Oh, I'd go in a heartbeat, too!
                              I've always been an adventurous person when it comes to trying new things and maybe finding the one way in life... I mean the lost city of Atlantis - who wouldn't wanna go?

And btw - I would bring an insane ability to understand new technology and a huge chocolate stash...
                              sigpic

Do not stand at my grave and cry - I am not there, I did not die.

Comment

Working...
                              X