Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This may be a stupid question (About Unending)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be a stupid question (About Unending)

Like I said it may be....it also may be a very intelligent one but when teal'c went back to the past in unending where was the teal'c from that time? Cos the new teal'c just kinda took his place and that makes no sense
    I dunno what to put in here now..

I kinda posted something similar before and the answer I received was somthing like this (there were a lot of Carter-isms so I'm kinda shortening it a tad) -

In order for the "Old Teal'c" to go BACK in time, he needed to've actually experienced that time, so the "Young Teal'c" was sort of... deleted in a sense, or at least replaced by Old Tealc This isn't very clear but Im not good with all this kinda stuff

Sorry, if you need better explaining, Im hoping more people will post or maybe you can find the original post in the Unending thread.
    -- Brains12

Comment

The reversal of the time dialation field means that those 50+ years technically never happened.
      As far as the current timeline is concerned, Teal'c aged 50 years, gained 50 years of memories, and gained a control crystal at the very second the time dialation field never happened.

I`ve got a headache!

Comment

he was protected remember, so when everything went back he took over young Teal'c's place.

thats my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
          The reversal of the time dialation field means that those 50+ years technically never happened.
          As far as the current timeline is concerned, Teal'c aged 50 years, gained 50 years of memories, and gained a control crystal at the very second the time dialation field never happened.

I`ve got a headache!
          That's about how I see it as well. I think I may have a bit of a headache from that as well.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

wait wait wait? what ep is this? has this aired yet? I am sooooooo confused!

Spoiler:

Originally posted by penguininablender
            hey Fordies, log time no see. sorry i have not been on in a while. I was In a very bad car accident ( my VW bug was hit by a 46000 lb dump truck who ran a red light). I have just regained some use of my right hand and can barely type. I just missed y'all so much that I had to check in. I will try to come back t my fordies when I can type with more that just a thumb and a pointer,lol. Long live FORD!
            Originally posted by Rainbow Sun Francks
            OMG... so glad to hear that you are getting better... my positive energy is with you in hopes of a full recovery... Peace and Love.

- RSF

http://www.petitiononline.com/FORD/petition.html Sign the petition to bring back Ford!

Comment

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
              It has not aired in America yet and we have to wait two more episodes before it comes out here (but I have already seen it)
              Vote Anubis for President in 2012
              A Face you Can Trust
              sigpic
              So whats the worst that could happen?
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
              It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by penguininablender View Post
                you don't want to know. it's the season 10 finale. whether you like spoilers or not DO NOT READ THEM!!!
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  you don't want to know. it's the season 10 finale. whether you like spoilers or not DO NOT READ THEM!!!
                  Lord no! I made that mistake myself. I was like, meh, how bad can it be? It was BAD! You will kick yourself repeatedly if you do.

Comment

Well the way I understand it, they didn't jump from one period of time to another like in Moebius but they rewound everything that happened while Teal'c was protected so he wasn't rewound (if that makes sense), which makes me think that the shield allows you to jump through time. Let me try this diagrammatically:

represents SG1

<- direction of travel

As in Moebius (if it was with 50 years backward <-):

SG1 our time()...............path untravelled................SG1 50 years later()

Jump through time.

As in Unending:

SG1 our time..........<-.........rewound...........<-.........SG1 50 years later

So if SG1 had jumped like in Moebius there would be two of everyone and they'd still be old with all their memories and they would come face to face with their young selves. But they rewound time therefore erasing their aging, memories and things they'd done as they hadn't done them, therefore only one set would exist in our time. And that's why Teal'c jumped through the timeline at exactly the same time as the timeline was being rewound as otherwise he would have been erased from existance completely or would have been rewound with the others, leaving them to repeat their mistakes.

I hope this makes sense to everyone, I don't think I explained it too well.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

You know what I will just put it down to magic........(plothole)

And I put spolier tags on this so anyone who hasn't seen it can't complain

Comment

Nikki's rewound-time explanation makes perfect sense.

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                          Nikki's rewound-time explanation makes perfect sense.
                          I don't think so the way I see it is SG-1 rewound time but teal'c was in a shield that meant that he wasn't rewound so that he appeared in the ship 50 years earlier inside that shield but unless teal'c was in that exact spot he too would have been there.....just the rewound version.....

Does that make sense?

Comment

It should have created a paradox, but it's just a TV show heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
                              I don't think so the way I see it is SG-1 rewound time but teal'c was in a shield that meant that he wasn't rewound so that he appeared in the ship 50 years earlier inside that shield but unless teal'c was in that exact spot he too would have been there.....just the rewound version.....

Does that make sense?
                              No, but the point of the shield is that there would be no Teal'c to rewind as the shield/jump through time would take Teal'c out of the timeline rewinding everything else except Teal'c, that's why the shield had to be activated at exactly the same time as the rewind. So therefore Teal'c jumped back 50 years but everyone else rewound 50 years of their lives.

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              It should have created a paradox, but it's just a TV show heh.
                              You're right, because we don't have a shield to let us jump through time...if only.

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Working...
                              X