Supergirl comes to Smallville!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Supergirl comes to Smallville!!

Hey peeps, just read this article about Supergirl coming to Smallville, might be very interesting, but I'd rather see The Martian Manhunter on a permanent fixture!

TV Guide

What do you think!!
    I HATE SY-FY

I am pissed about this to be honest. The only reason they are introducing Kara is to continue the show once Clark goes to The Fortress for training. Smallville will not be ending with dignity

Comment

BATMAN they need BATMAN not Super Girl

BATMAN

WHY DONT THEY GET BATMAN
      Vote Anubis for President in 2012
      A Face you Can Trust
      sigpic
      So whats the worst that could happen?
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
      It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

The CW networks official press release can be read at KryptonSite.com

and also the casting breakdown can be read at KryptonSite.com

Comment

Uh didn't they already have Kara? I mean I realize she wasn't really Kara, but how are they going to tie her into that whole incident?
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            Uh didn't they already have Kara? I mean I realize she wasn't really Kara, but how are they going to tie her into that whole incident?
            Clark will probably question her at first but there will be some explainer about how Jor'el was just trying to help Clark with the memory of his cousin.
            Though introducing Kara it does sound like a good idea, if only because she can fly, that will open up a whole new angle on saving people. I just hope they don't mess up her character to much, like they did Aquaman or Cyborg.
            http://panzor.deviantart.com/ - deviantART: panzor

Comment

I don't think they messed up Aquaman & Cyborg, they just need to do a little more character development on them.

Also just with the way Smallville is going at the moment anyone think they they might end the whole series not as clark becoming Superman, but Justice League being formed?
              McKay: "Don't stare, he hates it when people stare."
              Sheppard: "Am I the only one who thinks it's strange we're working with an alien?"
              McKay: "Intergatic hyperdrive technology is kind of new to us, so we need his help."
              Sheppard: "Is he suppose to be naked like that?"

Comment

OK, to be the shallow male pig....Do you think this latest female cast member will continue the shows long standing tradition of having stunningly beautiful women....I hope so....Drools

Comment

Nope she'll probably be an uggo .
                  All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Comment

It's kind of sad that Smallville was crippled so badly by the franchise owners. I mean, when Smallville was being spun, the franchise owner basically said you can have Clark, but not superman. He can't fly and he can't wear the suit. The reason behind this was that they were working on the movie that became Superman Returns, and they didn't want Smallville stealing any of it's thunder.
                    Now that the movie has come and gone, they should take the leash off Smallville and allow Clark to flex his muscles, but apparently the leash is still on them. A pity, because they could really make the show great.

As for Kara, I'd agree that it's a bit early to bring her into the fray. I mean, they are losing Lana, so they need another hot actress to fill the void, but I don't like their choice of characters. I was also against them adding Lois to the show, simply because she and Clark weren't supposed to meet until after he's Superman. She's kind of grown on me, but I'd like to see how they end up explaining how Clark Kent without glasses and Superman can be two different people without Lois figuring everything out.
                    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Hey you're right. But to be honest If Clark suddenly knew how to fly then we would expect him to fly all the time!! I like the fact that During the premiere of season 4, it was Kal-EL and not Clark that could fly, great way to twist it!!

But yeh so far in my opinion the characters they have bought in haven't been bad, but more character development is required, I think we have seen the most of Bart Allen's (Impluse) character but that's about it!!

I'd love the Martian Manhunter to be a permanent character in the show and more character depth!
                      I HATE SY-FY

Comment

ok,..... ok but where does batman fit into this????????
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          ok,..... ok but where does batman fit into this????????
                          He doesn't.

Comment

SMALLVILLE needs to focus less on bringing in guest characters. They have enough and they hardly use the ones they already have.

Batman? Never going to happen. Give it a rest.

I'm glad to see that more people are reacting the same way I did. ("What? Kara was already on the show!") It seems to me that the writers seem to forget certain things (i.e. Chloe already having powers in a past season).

Understand me when I say: "LUCY, YOU GOT SOME 'SPLAININ' TO DO!"

Which doesn't mean I don't trust the workers on our beloved show, but I really hope they answer some of the WTF questions that season 6 created out of thin air and finally tie the series back together.

Comment

I don't believe Lana is dead, I think she faked it to escape Lex and the whole situation and will be back some time in the future. I don't mind having supergirl as long as they don't become too strong, maybe have a small conflict between them.

Comment

Working...
                              X