This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Army vs. WWII era Army

Put all the entire Ori Army in the Universe in a continent, let say Africa..and to the Other side of the Continent is the Entire Nazi Army.

Situations
    1. Ground forces only
    2. Ori fighters are allowed and the Luffwaffe are allowed. but no air-to-air combat allowed.
    3. Ori fighters are allowed and the Luffwaffe are allowed. air-to-air combat is allowed
    4. What if we allow the prior in situations 1 to 3?

Originally posted by Gen. Nuke View Post
    Put all the entire Ori Army in the Universe in a continent, let say Africa..and to the Other side of the Continent is the Entire Nazi Army.

Situations
    1. Ground forces only
    2. Ori fighters are allowed and the Luffwaffe are allowed. but no air-to-air combat allowed.
    3. Ori fighters are allowed and the Luffwaffe are allowed. air-to-air combat is allowed
    4. What if we allow the prior in situations 1 to 3?
    no offense taken, but I think this comparison is inappropriate
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total b*stard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Comment

And the purpose of this is what?

The Nazi forces would lose anyway. All the Ori need to do is cut off the Oil supply to the Nazi's forces and their entire army would come grinding to a halt. This could be achieved by using their fighters as bombers, bombing all incoming oil supplies. The army would be cut off and all you would need to do is wait until they all starve.

Or they could just send Adria.
      Disliked a recent episode?
      Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
      The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

Originally posted by Master_Templar View Post
        And the purpose of this is what?
        To see two groups of similarly themed jerk-offs fight it out?
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Think of it this way, German panzers versus Ori infantry...that equals a squshfest, but if the ori can deny the germans fuel then it becomes a slow slugging match but in no way will that be easy if the nazi's have access to their imfamous ostnebel tank platforms which by the way were rolling four or six-gunned AA platforms which could possibly take down some ori airbornes. it all varies on whats availible to the germans at the onset of the fight if their entire wartime weapons list is possible the ori could have some tough resistance. Plus the ori know jack about tanks and trench warfare and true urban combat.
          "It's because you just cant spell manslaughter without the laughter..."

"If you move around the letters in "Ori Infantry" it spells Meatsheild."

Comment

The Nazis take this in a slaughter.

It gets back to the whole real world armies vs fictional badly thought out sci-fi armies.

The Ori don't even have any vehicles other than fighters in this scenario. How are they even supposed to move their mighty armies of staff weilding conscripts around, everyone walks?

If they do somehow manage to meet a German force in battle anyway they'll just be torn apart by artillery, tanks, machine guns and actual tactics, just like they would be when fighting a modern force.

Comment

True, but we don't know what kind of ground forces the Ori have. We've only ever seen their little staff weapons. They could have far more powerful weapons that are designed for infantry warfare, and even if they don't, they still have the advantage of advanced weaponry. In situation 3, give the Ori even ONE fighter and chances are they will dominate the Nazis.
              www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

One Ori fighter could kill the entire Nazi army.

Comment

This has to be the silliest post I've seen on this board for a long, long time.
                  Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

why don't we think of this not as the Nazi army...but ANY WWII technology level army.

In other words, the ORI VS 1940-45 era tech.

cause, when you get right down to it, Axis or Allie, they were all on the relatively same tech level.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                      One Ori fighter could kill the entire Nazi army.
                      I don't know if that post dignifies a response but i'll give one lol...

The Nazi would have hundreds if not thousands of their own fighters and while vastly superior one on one there is such a thing as wear and tear and the Ori fighter would eventually be destroyed. It's weapons don't seem to be all that impressive anyway so i doubt it would do that much damage by itself and a lucky shot from artillary or tanks would finish it as would the anti air batteries of the german war machine.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Don't the ori fighters have shields?
                        Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                        A Face you Can Trust
                        sigpic
                        So whats the worst that could happen?
                        Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                        It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                          Don't the ori fighters have shields?
                          No they don't...we have no proof that they do but the fact that some were lost in the battle over chulak in flesh and blood points to the opposite
                          Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            No they don't...we have no proof that they do but the fact that some were lost in the battle over chulak in flesh and blood points to the opposite
                            I don't remmber any fighters being used in that episode I thought the first episode was a line in the sand
                            Vote Anubis for President in 2012
                            A Face you Can Trust
                            sigpic
                            So whats the worst that could happen?
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard !" campaign
                            It is better to debate a question without settling it than to settle a question without debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by fugiman View Post
                              I don't remmber any fighters being used in that episode I thought the first episode was a line in the sand
                              Well they were used. For about 4 seconds lol

Comment

Working...
                              X