No announcement yet.

Get LOST Thread (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it! I wasnt dissapointed. I cant wait until next week. I wonder where they are though! I got my ideas but it seems to out there to be true. I wonder how Abrams will handle it. I hope they dont cancel it! It always seems shows I like get cancelled.
    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Sounds like it won't get cancelled anytime soon. Great overnight ratings for the premiere of LOST:

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/6082231/

Snippets.....

Even at ABC on Wednesday, jaws were dropping at the ratings for “Lost,” the drama about plane crash victims trapped on a tropical island with monsters. The Associated Press’ Frazier Moore called it “‘Gilligan’s Island,’ the nightmare edition.”

It was the highest-rated drama premiere on ABC since 1995’s “Murder One,” and nearly beat the offerings of CBS and NBC combined in the time slot.

Even better for ABC, the viewership grew from 17.3 million in the first half-hour to 18.7 million in the second. That’s considered a strong indication of popularity, meaning few viewers were turning away in disgust and, instead, more were coming in due to word-of-mouth.

Comment

I'm very happy it did good, story and ratings wise, and even better, everyone else liked it, so yay

I was a bit dissapointed they didn't show the second part...
        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Damn! I forgot to watch the show, probably because I was drooling over the Smallville episode.
          It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Wow, those ratings are slightly shocking. I'm glad other people watched it. As long as they continue watching it, the show should still keep going for awhile. Hopefully ABC won't do something stupid.
            Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
            RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

Originally posted by NightGloom
              Wow, those ratings are slightly shocking. I'm glad other people watched it. As long as they continue watching it, the show should still keep going for awhile. Hopefully ABC won't do something stupid.
              LOL! It's ABC, of course they're going to do something stupid! The questions are, "how soon?" and "what?" and I don't think I want to know the answer to either.

Comment

Now, see, I'm afraid it's cursed!
                ABC will get all excited, and when it naturally loses viewers in the first few weeks they'll get all depressed and cancel it, and we'll never see how it all ends *throws hands up in air*
                *grumbles about crazed network execs*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                  Lonestar, did you ever watch Haunted? Fox was in that, too. Not a hugely great show, but interesting and some eps were really good. It was another grim, serious role for him.
                  I thought about mentioning that in the original post because I remembered Fox being in it, but I vaguely remember watching the pilot. Wish I had watched more of the show since the premise seemed interesting, but UPN had it scheduled on Tuesdays in the same time slot as “24”, and I never missed “24”. The show never had a chance to at least finish out the season even though it followed behind “Buffy”. It still had to compete with "24" and "Smallville".

Terry O'Quinn was the guy with the orange? He looked familiar, but his baldness still confuses me.
                  Yep, that's the guy. I guess I first took notice of him way back when FX was showing repeats of "Millennium". Since then I remember him on several episodes of "JAG", in one episode of "X-Files" and then he gets blown up as a different guy in the movie, and most recently on "Alias" so I guess Abrams liked him and offered him this part in "Lost". And he's been in tons of other TV and movie roles that are listed on IMDb.

So were they in the Bermuda Triangle? It seemed like they might have been, but I don't remember if they really said or not since I had to do my stupid homework while it was on.
                  Homework is not stupid. Of course I can say that because for the time being I don't have any school or job related homework. They were flying around somewhere over the Pacific Ocean (Bermuda Triangle is east of Florida in the Atlantic). The pilot of the plane mentioned something about turning back to Fiji but of course they never made it. Don't let homework stand between you and some good TV.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

LOL! It's ABC, of course they're going to do something stupid! The questions are, "how soon?" and "what?" and I don't think I want to know the answer to either.

Halfway through they'll turn it into a reality show where they crash a plane into a real deserted island. All they find is a tape recorder with this message:

"Welcome to This is Not Survivor (Really!) Island. We purposely wrecked your plane to replace a show that was actually getting us good ratings. All you have to survive is a hobbit and a mysterious yellow lab. Have fun!"
                    Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                    RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

"Welcome to This is Not Survivor (Really!) Island. We purposely wrecked your plane to replace a show that was actually getting us good ratings. All you have to survive is a hobbit and a mysterious yellow lab. Have fun!"
                      LOL! Challenges include NOT getting eaten by Mr.. Id? Maybe Skippy the Wonder Lab is actually a weremonster who mysteriously morphs into a giant slavering hellbeast whenever certain conditions are met (trigger word, weather, tribal alignments). The tribes on "This is Not Survivor (Really!) Island have to figure out what those conditions are and work hard to make sure it doesn't happen... or turn it to their advantage so Skippy/Mr. Id picks off rival tribemembers.

Comment

Last half of the pilot airs tonight, Sept. 29th. In honor of "Lost" Wednesday, here's a couple of articles posted on scifiwire this week.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-t...09/23/12.30.tv

A snippet:
                        Lindelof said that former ABC chief Lloyd Braun came up with the idea for a show built around a plane crash on an island in the South Pacific. "Basically, the network mentality was, 'Let's do Survivor: The Drama,'" Lindelof said. "I believe they originally developed that idea with Aaron Spelling. I got a call in early February from an executive at ABC and was asked if I wanted to meet with J.J. about this crazy plane crash idea. They didn't like the way the idea developed with Spelling, so they wanted to start from scratch. I met with J.J., and we talked for about three hours, and we got really excited about it. We decided that aside from the island being a character, it was going to be all about the people

[ Can you imagine the Aaron Spelling version of "Lost"?? I'm picturing the Beverly Hills 90210 cast lost on an island, worrying about their hair. Glad they gave the project to J.J.Abrams! ]

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-t...09/24/12.30.tv

Snippet:

Damon Lindelof, co-creator of ABC's SF series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that the creative team hasn't found itself limited by the show's premise: plane crash survivors stuck on a deserted island. With 48 survivors and a core cast of 13, Lost is proving to have more stories than they can tackle. "Every single one of these characters is so uniquely interesting to me," Lindelof said in an interview. "We have spent so much time already discussing who they all are. The first phase of the show is finding out why everybody was in Australia and why they were flying to Los Angeles. Answering the questions 'Where were you coming from?' and 'Where were you going?' will be fairly interesting for everyone. And the answers to those questions are very satisfying."

Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

I watched LOST and thought it was great. It kinda reminded me of a similar TV show that got cancelled a while back. Peter Benchley's Amazon. It was basically a story about the survivors of a plane crash in the Amazon. The Amazon was a great setting with killer animals, warring tribes of natives and even some Cannibals. It had the same kind of evolving story arc through the season like Alias. I loved the show, but it only lasted a season. Any one else who remembers Amazon?

I can't wait for tonights episode of LOST
                          My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Comment

Just finished watching it. I give it two thumbs. Now I have to tape it Sat. It is going to show the first to eps. on ABC at 8e/7c.

Comment

I'm curious to see where they're going with all of this. I'm a bit disappointed that they went with such a cliche character trait with Dom's character, but the others are interesting. Except Shannon. And the Hick. Love the big guy and Sayid. I'm getting some interesting ideas about Mr. Backgammon.

Anyone know the actor who played Mr. Shrapnel? He looked familiar.

This is definitely still looking good. I am just oozing with curiosity about that island...

Comment

I'm curious to see where they're going with all of this. I'm a bit disappointed that they went with such a cliche character trait with Dom's character, but the others are interesting. Except Shannon. And the Hick. Love the big guy and Sayid. I'm getting some interesting ideas about Mr. Backgammon.

Anyone know the actor who played Mr. Shrapnel? He looked familiar.

This is definitely still looking good. I am just oozing with curiosity about that island...
                                I can't WAIT for next weeks episode! They cut down that one scene with Dom on the beach 'sniffing' around...

I love www.IMDB.com

The US Marshal was played by: Fredric Lehne

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0499791/

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Working...
                                X