Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Get LOST Thread

Last half of the pilot airs tonight, Sept. 29th. In honor of "Lost" Wednesday, here's a couple of articles posted on scifiwire this week.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-t...09/23/12.30.tv

A snippet:
    Lindelof said that former ABC chief Lloyd Braun came up with the idea for a show built around a plane crash on an island in the South Pacific. "Basically, the network mentality was, 'Let's do Survivor: The Drama,'" Lindelof said. "I believe they originally developed that idea with Aaron Spelling. I got a call in early February from an executive at ABC and was asked if I wanted to meet with J.J. about this crazy plane crash idea. They didn't like the way the idea developed with Spelling, so they wanted to start from scratch. I met with J.J., and we talked for about three hours, and we got really excited about it. We decided that aside from the island being a character, it was going to be all about the people

[ Can you imagine the Aaron Spelling version of "Lost"?? I'm picturing the Beverly Hills 90210 cast lost on an island, worrying about their hair. Glad they gave the project to J.J.Abrams! ]

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-t...09/24/12.30.tv

Snippet:

Damon Lindelof, co-creator of ABC's SF series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that the creative team hasn't found itself limited by the show's premise: plane crash survivors stuck on a deserted island. With 48 survivors and a core cast of 13, Lost is proving to have more stories than they can tackle. "Every single one of these characters is so uniquely interesting to me," Lindelof said in an interview. "We have spent so much time already discussing who they all are. The first phase of the show is finding out why everybody was in Australia and why they were flying to Los Angeles. Answering the questions 'Where were you coming from?' and 'Where were you going?' will be fairly interesting for everyone. And the answers to those questions are very satisfying."

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

I watched LOST and thought it was great. It kinda reminded me of a similar TV show that got cancelled a while back. Peter Benchley's Amazon. It was basically a story about the survivors of a plane crash in the Amazon. The Amazon was a great setting with killer animals, warring tribes of natives and even some Cannibals. It had the same kind of evolving story arc through the season like Alias. I loved the show, but it only lasted a season. Any one else who remembers Amazon?

I can't wait for tonights episode of LOST
    My non-stargate related site: The Rabbit Archive

Just finished watching it. I give it two thumbs. Now I have to tape it Sat. It is going to show the first to eps. on ABC at 8e/7c.

I'm curious to see where they're going with all of this. I'm a bit disappointed that they went with such a cliche character trait with Dom's character, but the others are interesting. Except Shannon. And the Hick. Love the big guy and Sayid. I'm getting some interesting ideas about Mr. Backgammon.

Anyone know the actor who played Mr. Shrapnel? He looked familiar.

This is definitely still looking good. I am just oozing with curiosity about that island...

Lieutenant Colonel MartoufMarty's Avatar
    "Tell me what you don't like about yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    I'm curious to see where they're going with all of this. I'm a bit disappointed that they went with such a cliche character trait with Dom's character, but the others are interesting. Except Shannon. And the Hick. Love the big guy and Sayid. I'm getting some interesting ideas about Mr. Backgammon.

Anyone know the actor who played Mr. Shrapnel? He looked familiar.

This is definitely still looking good. I am just oozing with curiosity about that island...
    I can't WAIT for next weeks episode! They cut down that one scene with Dom on the beach 'sniffing' around...

I love www.IMDB.com

The US Marshal was played by: Fredric Lehne

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0499791/

Loved it! Can't wait to see where they're going with all this.

We've got a mysterious island, a transmitter that's been going off for 16 years, a polar bear that's not the worst thing on the island, several passengers who seem to have *way* more interesting lives than the average Joe.

Were there some weird experiments being conducted on this island?

Anyway, great suspense and intriguing characters. I'm really curious about Kate's story. I figured the handcuffs didn't belong to the obvious suspects but didn't figure it to be Kate.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Maybe this island in a triangle similiar to the Berumda Triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    Can you imagine the Aaron Spelling version of "Lost"?? I'm picturing the Beverly Hills 90210 cast lost on an island, worrying about their hair. Glad they gave the project to J.J.Abrams!
    Once you’ve seen one Spelling production, you’ve just about seen them all so thankfully they didn’t let him have the idea. Though I must say I was surprised to see his name among others on the new CBS show “Clubhouse”. Could kick myself for not watching the premier because I watched it’s second episode last night because nothing else was on and I really liked it.

I’m definitely going to have to watch again Saturday. Was going to anyway, but stupid me had set this up to time record on one VCR while I waited to tape a segment on 60 Minutes on another VCR. Well one VCR runs through the other VCR and I didn’t bother to see which one got the cable feed first. Long story short, I ended up with a tape of me flipping back and forth with a second copy of the 10 minute interview on the other channel in place of the bear encounter. That’ll teach me to look at the wires next time.

Anyway what I saw was great. I hope they keep it up. Everyone is more than they seem and that aspect is just as interesting as the critter in the jungle. The 16-yr-old mayday signal was interesting. Wonder if the person was rescued, eaten, or is still on the island.

I'm a bit disappointed that they went with such a cliche character trait with Dom's character
    It's a shame they are making that his weakness. Could have been a little more original. They could have pawned that off on one of the "lesser" characters if you have to have a druggie in the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    Anyway, great suspense and intriguing characters. I'm really curious about Kate's story. I figured the handcuffs didn't belong to the obvious suspects but didn't figure it to be Kate.
    I never would have guessed her. I really want to know her story because it must be something more than shoplifting because if I got a big hole in me from shrapnel, the prisoner is going to be the last thing I ask about when I wake up. I didn’t really think it was either of the two they were trying to imply. JJ Abrams is so crafty.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar1836
    It's a shame they are making that his weakness. Could have been a little more original. They could have pawned that off on one of the "lesser" characters if you have to have a druggie in the bunch.
    Yeah, but then I used it to spin out this great "dark secret" for Charlie wherein his father was one of the scientists on the island way back when and Charlie has not only been there before, but he played with the Id monster when it was a... er... puppy-thing. They were nearly inseparable. Then things started to go wrong and Charlie rebelled from his father's high-handed and increasingly paranoid ways and ran off to join a rock band where he promptly did everything in his power to try and forget his past, including a drug habit, which is one of the few things that can help with the terrifying nightmares he still occasionally has. Only now he's back on the island and as his drugs run out, he'll eventually start remembering more of his past and of the horrors that await them there. *cues ominous music*

Yeah, but then I used it to spin out this great "dark secret" for Charlie wherein his father was one of the scientists on the island way back when and Charlie has not only been there before, but he played with the Id monster when it was a... er... puppy-thing. They were nearly inseparable. Then things started to go wrong and Charlie rebelled from his father's high-handed and increasingly paranoid ways and ran off to join a rock band where he promptly did everything in his power to try and forget his past, including a drug habit, which is one of the few things that can help with the terrifying nightmares he still occasionally has. Only now he's back on the island and as his drugs run out, he'll eventually start remembering more of his past and of the horrors that await them there. *cues ominous music*
    It would be weird if the show went that way with Charlie's character. You would be a psyhic.

I see you mad a new avatar with your two favorite people. I like it.

[QUOTE=ShadowMaat] I'm a bit disappointed that they went with such a cliche character trait with Dom's character, but the others are interesting. QUOTE]

Yeah, I kind of groaned at the "faded rock star drug addict" construct too, but something Charlie's habit that confuses me. Charlie is shown fishing into a bag of green stuff that looks like powdered pot, not China White. Then he snorts it, whatever "it" is. I'm not thankfully an expert on illegal drugs, so I have never heard of such a varient as green cocaine.
    Anyone here have an explanation?

p.s. - the invisible monster does remind me of the Id monster from The Forbidden Planet. Maybe Robbie the Robot will also pop up.
    Last edited by crowhop; September 30th, 2004 at 12:58 PM.

Chief Master Sergeant tera'ngan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crowhop
    something Charlie's habit that confuses me. Charlie is shown fishing into a bag of green stuff that looks like powdered pot, not China White. Then he snorts it, whatever "it" is. I'm not thankfully an expert on illegal drugs, so I have never heard of such a varient as green cocaine.
    Anyone here have an explanation?
    It looked kind of brown to me. Heroin?

My question for folks out there is what language are the Asian couple speaking? It sounds like Japanese to me, but aren't both actors Korean? (Not that Koreans can't speak Japanese, just that I would give them double kudos for acting in a non-native language . . . ) The male half (I think his name is Daniel Dae Kim?) is great - I've loved him in everything I've seen him in, but he usually has a very American accent.

-tera'ngan
    nuqDaq yuch Dapol

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Just wanted to report, that the second episode got a 10.2/16, number 1 in its timeslot, yay ABC isn't going down the drain just yet

The first two episodes of this show have been just great. Quite an interesting cast of characters. So much goes on though..this really should be a 2 hour show

Let's just hope the quality doesn't drop after the first two episodes. Keep in mind it cost 5 Million to make the pilot

Part two added a few more interesting developments to the plot. Kate was a prisonner, for some reason there's a polar bear on the island, and there's some strange looping transmission nearby. Also, there's definately something weird going on with the old guy. I'm guessing he has something to do with the island and maybe caused the plane crash somehow. In ep 1 we see him in basking in the rain while the monster is about to attack. Now in ep 2 he's giving an eerie speech about Backgammon, how the game pieces represent light vs. dark, I'm interpreting this as the light vs. the dark when the monster attacks. Only 2 eps in and I'm already hooked.
    If you missed the first two eps ABC will be re-airing them Saturday at 8 back-to-back. If you're located in Canada and for some reason you don't get ABC, CTV will be airing the Pilot at the same time as ABC on Saturday.

I just went through the episodes frame-by frame and noticed somethings worth mentioning. Possible spoilers

Spoiler:
    In part 1 just before the engine explodes you can see a shadow come down from the sky, and hit the engine then swoop back up. In part 2 when the kid is looking at the comic book there's a polar bear on one of the pages, minutes before the group is attacked by one.

Interesting stuff...

This show sure has hooked me in. I can see it becoming my second favourite show. Maybe I should find a LOST message board to discuss these things. Wonder if Darren is interested in creating lostworld.net

Quote Originally Posted by tera'ngan
    It looked kind of brown to me. Heroin?
    -tera'ngan
    Note to self: check color balance on aging TV set...
    Yeah, maybe heroin. Again, I am happily drug ignorant, but don't you usually boil and inject heroin, rather than snort or eat it?
    Well, I suppose I'll have to watch the thing now to find out more about Charlie and his herb of choice....

I didn't know what a roach clip was until Career Day in Sophomore year when I was riding around with the Sheriff. And it still took me a while to figure out they weren't talking about the bugs...

Can't identify drugs at all, but I'd say there was a definite brownish tinge to whatever Charlie had in the bag.

Chief Master Sergeant tera'ngan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crowhop
    Note to self: check color balance on aging TV set...
    Yeah, maybe heroin. Again, I am happily drug ignorant, but don't you usually boil and inject heroin, rather than snort or eat it?
    Well, I suppose I'll have to watch the thing now to find out more about Charlie and his herb of choice....
    LOL
    I should probably mention that my background includes some law enforcement training in the now somewhat distant past . . . You are correct, heroin is generally injected, but cocaine and heroin are both basically the only narcotics that are be snorted (except for the very imaginative ). And if your cocaine is brown, you're in trouble So, by process of elimination, I am assuming it was heroin, which can be brownish in color. All I can say about Charlie is that if he is that hooked on heroin, he's in for a rough 20-some-odd episodes this season! He's going to be in BAD shape when he runs out. Although if I had to choose between jonesin' and shrapnel in the gut, I'd take the shakes . . .

-tera'ngan
    nuqDaq yuch Dapol

I'm watching it now and wondering if it has been canceled yet?

You know it will happen, the show is good, but there are 46 now people on an island and 13 they have to pay, it will cost too much for ABC to continue it. Plus realistly how long can they be stuck on an island?

But so far it's great, it's like Jurassic Park with real charaters and a mystery. I love it.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..