This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to Beckett after Sunday? Spoilers and speculation

self explanatory. i figure someone's got to ask the question.
    i say yes he definitely has what it takes to ascend. (unlike McKay) so he could have ascended. what do others think?
    Join My forum (please??)

They took his body back to earth in a coffin so im guessing not. After ascension there isnt usually a body left over.

Comment

Originally posted by lightstorm View Post
      i say yes he definitely has what it takes to ascend. (unlike McKay) so he could have ascended. what do others think?
      No, unfortunately--Carson didn't ascend. That's reserved for special people like Daniel Jackson and Rodney McKay. I expect at some point in time Sheppard might ascend briefly as well. But not Carson.

Besides, Joe Mallozzi said in an interview or his blog some time ago that Carson did NOT ascend.

Comment

Originally posted by lightstorm View Post
        He doesn't, atleast not on his own.

Comment

No, he did not ascend. Its silly to think he can. Why is he special and can ascend? He is just a ordinary person (with an extra-ordinary love of turtles). He can't ascend, and he didn't.

Comment

i think i read somewhere from one of tptb that the answer to that was no
            but i can't remember where and i have no proof of that
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Joe Mallozzi stated on his blog that Carson hadn't ascended
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

IMO it i think there did it so the fans could say goodbye.

heaven forbid he have another Janet type problem again
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                  Joe Mallozzi stated on his blog that Carson hadn't ascended
                  ahh that explains it ,,, i never read that thing, so i must of heard someone mention it... that why i didn't know where it came from

thanks
                  Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                  ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                  Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

No, unfortunately--Carson didn't ascend. That's reserved for special people like Daniel Jackson and Rodney McKay. I expect at some point in time Sheppard might ascend briefly as well. But not Carson.

Besides, Joe Mallozzi said in an interview or his blog some time ago that Carson did NOT ascend.
                    I'm sorry that's plain stupid, what makes Jackson so special. He had help in his 2 times. McKay now back to normal can't ascend by himself. While Shep or any of the others couldn't ascend by themselves as of yet because they aren't physically advanced enough to do so!

So it wouldn't be totally out of the wall that an ascended being stepped in to help him ascend.

There was a coffin, but there have been numerous times in the past where empty coffins have been buried (people lost at sea etc), simply as an act of respect & a mark of remembrance to the person(s) who have passed.

There may have even been bits blown off that they placed in the coffin, the main torso not found so they assumed it burned up in the explosion.

It's not out of the realms of possibility for it to have happened like that. However we know it ain't gonna play out that way because JM said so!

I think time travel & alternate versions have also been ruled out of the equation as well!

Therefore that leaves a few possibilities as to his fate:

1. He really is dead! The team stranded/trapped or whatever, recall a past off-world mission that involved Beckett or whatever. So at the end of it, he isn't back, meaning they don't have to explain it away to anyone.

2. He's an Asuran, replicated in Beckett's form (achieved from when they were all captured in 'The Retun II') who comes back or they find suddenly on another planet. He seeks out their help, or fools them in being taken back to Atlantis. From there he works on the inside, maybe sabotaging their anti-replicator weapons or satellite. It would play out similar to the replicator version of Carter in S8 of SG-1.

3. Same as above, but he's been cloned by the Wraith & sent back to Atlantis as a spy to get the retro-virus, or even the upgraded specs to allow them to upgrade their hyperdrives.

(This is the one I'm going for)
                    4. Michael having something to do with it. He had him tied down & unconscious for goodness knows how long in 'Misbegotten'. Plenty of time to have taken samples or what have you. Maybe he finds out Beckett is dead, angry at not getting the chance to kill him personally, he creates a cloned version. Maybe makes him suffer by turning him into a hybrid like himself. Takes the human genes, splices them with Wraith genes, or those of the Iratus bug. Then gives him a dose of the retro-virus. Either way, he's some sort of half-human part Wraith/Iratus bug. Forcing him to take regular doses of the enzyme or retro-virus to stay alive or at least have the human part of him remain dormant & in control.

He finds out Atlantis is gone, so uses Beckett as the bait or inside man to get his revenge on them. Maybe even he uses him as as stress ball by torturing him. Atlantis team finds him off-world by accident & busts him out. It could even turn out that Michael held the real Beckett all along & the one from 'Misbegotten' was a clone.

One thing I am sure about is that he probably won't be back as the good old Doc Beckett. If he came back normal, then there really would be no reason to keep him off Atlantis. Meaning he'd be in more eps. They only have him planned for 2 as of yet. So presumably he ain't sticking around after him eps have finished. Therefore he's evil & helps Michael by betraying his friends on Atlantis. At the end of the ep, he's either killed by Shep, McKay, Ronon or Teyla, or escapes into the night to fight another day.

Would love to see him come back as normal Carson, they could even have him be forced to take doses of the enzyme or retro-virus to stay alive/human because of what Michael done to him. This not only leaves Beckett with new fresh stories & endless possibilities for character advancement. It also gives the team problems can they trust him because there is Wraith in him & if he stops taking the medication he'll go back & potentially turn on them.

I'd like that to happen to him, have him back on Atlantis at the end of the ep. Then have Keller, ironically his replacment end up being his saviour by finding a cure. S5 comes around & she ends up finding it & he comes back good as new. Don't see it happening though!

Comment

He won't be in a flashback; Joe said it will be a flesh-and-blood Carson that comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                        He won't be in a flashback; Joe said it will be a flesh-and-blood Carson that comes back.
                        If they are recalling a past mission, a sort of prequel if you will before the events of his demise. Like you recalling something that happened a few weeks ago & telling someone of it. It really happened, so it would actually be him in the flesh at the end of the day.

However I do agree that they probably won't go down that route. It's more likely to be an Asuran or Wraith version of Beckett that we will see.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                          If they are recalling a past mission, a sort of prequel if you will before the events of his demise. Like you recalling something that happened a few weeks ago & telling someone of it. It really happened, so it would actually be him in the flesh at the end of the day.

However I do agree that they probably won't go down that route. It's more likely to be an Asuran or Wraith version of Beckett that we will see.
                          I doubt the first theory and I also doubt the Asuran but as I said in another thread Michael could have something to do with it.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Just a thought but maybe one of them gets ill with something or other and sees Carson like when Dr Weir saw Jack when she was infected with Replicator nanites in "The Real World".

Of course it can't be exactly the same but maybe something along those lines.

Feel free to tear this theory to pieces.
                            sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

Comment

JM said on one of his blog entries that there is a subtle hint in late S3. So unless it's somewhere in Sunday, that leaves Submersion, Vengeance and First Strike.

I, too, am leaning toward the Michael angle due to Vengeance and that Michael is supposedly in the latter half of S4. I believe it's possible that he cloned Beckett and took the clone with him to help in his research. I haven't thought of an explanation that I like on why he doesn't return to Atlantis.

I find wraith_boy's explanation interesting. I think it's also possible that he's tied somehow to Michael and can't leave.
                              sigpic
                              Sig by Luciana
                              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Working...
                              X