This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sock Puppets

Ok folks, We've started to discover a rateher disturbing trend in the Fun and Games...folks that have no real sense of perspective and are trotting around creating sockie after sockie after sockie to try and make the votes land the way they want them to land.

All I can say is GROW THE HECK UP!!

These are games, they are not the fate of the known world. It isn't a great tragedy if things don't end the way you want them to end...it's just the breaks and how things work.

Stop making the sock puppets. When we find users that we suspect to be sockies, we will moderate them. And if this continues, we will begin to discuss whether or not to allow the fun and games folder to continue.

Those of you that have sockies, stop using them.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

and until we decide what kind of rule to implement about sockies...we're gonna out them

then the individual thread organizers can decide if they want to count the votes of the sockies or not

militarysam
    girl officer sam
    gate crusader
    stargatesammiecarter
    samsamcarter
    sg1susan

are all the same person.

If you see others that are suspect, please report them

HOWEVER, i will caution you, not every single new poster is a sockie. so please don't rag on folks and don't persecute them unfairly.

but help us find them.

And an idea for folks to consider that i may/may not open a discussion thread on...what about a minimum post requirement before you can play in fun and games?

such as...a poster must have more than 25 posts before their votes count or something like that. and they must be posts NOT in the fun and games area.

Think on it and the mods are thinking on it as well.

It is one thing to create a sockie to participate in a role play. And we have users that do that. Heck, darren even has a sockie...one as him, one as gateworld. However, it is one thing to create an alternate personality for a valid reason, another all together to create one for the sole purpose of stacking a vote or to harrass others

sigpic

Comment

we can also add to this list variations of

SG Mousie
      Yowie
      Trushkawaka (not Truskawaka...although she is the newest alter ego of Kalliope, farscapefan and a couple of other short lived alter egos)

Again, i want to stress, NOT EVERY NEW USER IS A SOCK PUPPET. Some are just newbies and i don't want to see ANYONE picking on newbies.

But we do have several right now that are multiples of the same folks and they are - in thier passion to influence the outcome of a game - spoiling it for everyone.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X