Funniest moment in B5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funniest moment in B5?

What do you all think is the funniest moment in Babylon 5?

I've just been watching through some of it and i'd for goten how funny it is.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Shells. Where to start. There are so many...

- The scene with Susan and Zathras on Epsilon 3
    - John Sheridan/Joe Straczynski teddy in space - I understand that that was an in joke between JMS and Peter David, who wrote the episode.
    - Sheridan telling Susan to always take the clothes off before shoving anyone out the airlock
    - Sheridan's scheme to get the Non-Aligned Worlds to join in the defense of B5 from Clark's forces

I'll let others put forth some.
    sigpic
    "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
    Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

I dunno, some of the humour in B5 felt, well, a bit forced at times. Not forgetting the unforgettable "Ivanova Dance" (argh) in "Acts of Sacrifice" that left an indelible mark on my brain. That said, B5 did have its funny moments though.

I was watching "Convictions" the other night and I was laughing away at Londo and G'Kar's exchanges when they were stuck in the blown up lift.

The final scene just as the rescue teams discovered them was a classic.

"*******." Londo utters.
      "Monster."
      "Fanatic!"
      "Murderer!"
      "You are insane!"
      "That is why we'll win," G'Kar gasps.
      "Go be the ambassador to Babylon 5 they said. It will be an easy position. I hate my life."
      "So do I."
      "Shut up!"
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
        I dunno, some of the humour in B5 felt, well, a bit forced at times. Not forgetting the unforgettable "Ivanova Dance" (argh) in "Acts of Sacrifice" that left an indelible mark on my brain. That said, B5 did have its funny moments though.

I was watching "Convictions" the other night and I was laughing away at Londo and G'Kar's exchanges when they were stuck in the blown up lift.

The final scene just as the rescue teams discovered them was a classic.

"*******." Londo utters.
        "Monster."
        "Fanatic!"
        "Murderer!"
        "You are insane!"
        "That is why we'll win," G'Kar gasps.
        "Go be the ambassador to Babylon 5 they said. It will be an easy position. I hate my life."
        "So do I."
        "Shut up!"
        In that same episode when they first discovered they are trapped... Londo is screaming for help and G'Kar is mimicing him.. I die laughing everytime I see that. The best moments usually have G'Kar or Londo or both.

Comment

Like that moment where they're arguing while waiting for the transport tube and that poor Human is standing between them.
          sigpic
          "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
          Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

Ivanova's "It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid we like to catalogue the full extent of our stupidity, for posterity"

(I've said it wrong, but that was the gist of it.)

Madeleine

Comment

You just about have it bang on, Madeleine.

Yeah, she had a very Russian attitude to life. "No boom today... boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow." You had to love Ivanova always looking for the cloud in that silver lining.

What a woman. You'd dare not put your hand on her leg lest it be ripped off at the shoulder.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Delenn: "Commander. Susan. I wish to thank you again for your patience and understanding."
                Ivanova: "No, not a problem."
                Delenn: "Taking on human characteristics has been something of an education for both of us."
                Ivanova: "Well, if you've any other problems, any other questions at all, just ask."
                Delenn: "Well, now that you mention it. Do you have any idea why I suddenly started getting these .. odd cramps?"
                Ivanova: <gets "oh dear" look on face>

Maybe not the funniest moment, but it's up there.
                I'd start a revolution if I could get up in the morning.

Comment

Sheriden - "I really hate it when you do that!"
                  Kosh - "Good."
                  Go buy my music and give a starving artist some support. It's dirt-cheap, dammit.
                  Ion Plasma Incineration (Hard and heavy electro-industrial music in the vein of late 90's classics, updated for the 21st century!)

Current project : Working on Tolathians Outpost Cyclopean, the world's first pure non-humanoid extra-dimensional sci-fi show! 100% no humans !

Comment

1. J.S. Teddy!!!

2. *Londo, on a table, shakes a finger at Delenn* "Have I ever told you that you are very cute for a Minbari?" *gestures at Garibaldi* "You're cute too! In an annoying sort of way... Everybody's cute! Everybody's cute! Even I am cute... But in purple... I am stunning!" *collapses on table*

3. Sheridan: I've got it Susan, I've got it! If they wanna play games, well they can play games... only we can play them better because we've got the truth on our side, and you can't kill the truth.
                    *ends up facing the door, turns head*
                    Sheridan: Actually, you can kill the truth... but it'll come back to haunt you.
                    Ivanova: Hello?
                    -later-
                    Ivanova: Granted, I have no feelings for you and you have no feelings for me, but if you're going to storm in here the least you could do is say "Nice outfit Ivanova," and then go off on a tear.
                    Sheridan: Ok... Nice outfit Ivonova.

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

lol. i don't remember that moment ^.

(the third one i mean)
                      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                        lol. i don't remember that moment ^.

(the third one i mean)
                        'Twas the one where Sheridan got the idea to make Voice of the Resistance.

4. Lennier: What is the meaning of "woo hoo?"

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                          Like that moment where they're arguing while waiting for the transport tube and that poor Human is standing between them.
                          I loved some of the wacky humor in Babylon-5
                          Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                          They had to fake the ratings
                          They had to fake the ratings.
                          Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

Ivanova's "It's a Russian thing. When we're about to do something stupid we like to catalogue the full extent of our stupidity, for posterity"

Comment

- Ivanova: I'll be in the car

- Marcus: They must be French

- Vir: I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off your head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I want to look up into your lifeless eyes and wave like this.*waves*

- Vir: the same wave many episodes later.

-Ivanova : Ivanova is always right. I will listen to Ivanova. I will not ignore Ivanova's recommendations. Ivanova is God. And if this ever happens again Ivanova will personally rip your lungs out!

- Duck Dodgers in the 24th and a half centrury and Delenn with Popcorn
                              - GKar with rice
                              - Londo and his study of the meaning of the hokey Pokey
                              - Garabaldi and the post office

- Londo: But this - this, this, this is like being nibbled to death by... what are those Earth creatures called? Feathers, long bill, webbed feet... go 'quack'...
                              Vir: Cats.
                              Londo: Cats. Being nibbled to death by cats.

God I know theres some good Bester and Lennier stuff and lots more Gkar and Natoth and some Franklin and a few Zack and Lyta...lots more Marcus but I cannot remember it all. Time to rewatch my DVDs again.
                              Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Working...
                              X