The Bomb Squad Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bomb Squad Guy

I understand that carson was really important and im also really upset, but what about the bombsquad guy? he didn't get too much lament

Is there a chance he lived, albeit severely injured? I mean, he was wearing that suit and all...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Is there a chance he lived, albeit severely injured? I mean, he was wearing that suit and all...
      If Carson died while he was about 10 feet away from the explosion, how could the Marine survive when the bomb exploded in his hands?

Come on...
      "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Well, Carson WAS unprotected, who knows...

I mean, why would the bomb guy wear any protective clothes if it won't help?

Comment

Rest in peace, Bomb Squad Guy.

EC

Comment

Originally posted by Spartan 104 View Post
            I understand that carson was really important and im also really upset, but what about the bombsquad guy? he didn't get too much lament
            I thought that too. Poor bomb squad guy. Not even a mention as to whether he survived or was killed in the blast. What about the others who died that day? They barely got an acknowledgement either.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman View Post
              I thought that too. Poor bomb squad guy. Not even a mention as to whether he survived or was killed in the blast. What about the others who died that day? They barely got an acknowledgement either.
              And yet, can you imagine the frothing outrage that would have erupted if they HAD tried to acknowledge any of those other deaths? That would mean time away from Carson and by focusing on, say, Capt. Bomb Squad's sacrifice/funeral, you'd be saying that he was somehow as important (or more important) than Carson when he was really nothing but a nameless one-ep plot device. Oh, the melodrama.

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post

EC
                R.I.P. indeed. Let's all have a little moment of silence for him, shall we?
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                  Well, Carson WAS unprotected, who knows...

I mean, why would the bomb guy wear any protective clothes if it won't help?
                  The protection would be limited. The "bomb" was of chemicals and flesh. There was no shrapnel in the bomb to pierce his body or armor.

It would essentially be like standing in a pool of gas. The bomb squad man in the center and Carson ten feet from him. The bomb guy lights a match.

Now, what gets me is that the tumor-bomb originally blew a hole in the wall in the first scene, where Teyla is impaled with shrapnel. The metal would be from the city but the little tumor-bomb would have to have a shock wave. Shock waves usually come before the fire ball. So, the tumor would have to have a huge force. That would blow the person who had the tumor inside them into pieces.

However, Carson's death scene revealed no shock wave. Carson would have been toppled over if there was one.

If someone were to light that above mentioned pool of gasoline, there would still be a shock wave from the changing air pressure.

I realize the show took the shot with Carson just walking away and then added the fire ball via computer. But the shot just seemed really fake to me.
                  Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    The protection would be limited. The "bomb" was of chemicals and flesh. There was no shrapnel in the bomb to pierce his body or armor.

It would essentially be like standing in a pool of gas. The bomb squad man in the center and Carson ten feet from him. The bomb guy lights a match.

Now, what gets me is that the tumor-bomb originally blew a hole in the wall in the first scene, where Teyla is impaled with shrapnel. The metal would be from the city but the little tumor-bomb would have to have a shock wave. Shock waves usually come before the fire ball. So, the tumor would have to have a huge force. That would blow the person who had the tumor inside them into pieces.

However, Carson's death scene revealed no shock wave. Carson would have been toppled over if there was one.

If someone were to light that above mentioned pool of gasoline, there would still be a shock wave from the changing air pressure.

I realize the show took the shot with Carson just walking away and then added the fire ball via computer. But the shot just seemed really fake to me.
                    I agree with you completely. Also, if you carefully watch the scene where he dies you can tell that he barely reacts when he is engulfed by the fire. He just closes his eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by ascended alteran View Post
                      I agree with you completely. Also, if you carefully watch the scene where he dies you can tell that he barely reacts when he is engulfed by the fire. He just closes his eyes.
                      Yeah, that bit annoyed me too. I generally don't notice things like that but in such an important scene it just stands out. It would've made it so much more realistic if Carson had just reacted a little to the explosion, it would make it alot more convincing.

Comment

I agree that the shot didn't look realistic, but because it was such a close up I think that the way they did it was acceptable, because it showed it like he didn't know it was coming and never felt any pain. I don't think the intention was to show that he knew what was going to happen to him or to feel it. The way they shot it, he was walking one second, closed his eyes and then he was gone. I thought it was quite tactful, even if it didn't look realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by expendable_crewman View Post

EC
                          Yeah...I'm glad there is a thread for the Bomb Squad Guy.
                          My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Originally posted by Naomi View Post
                            Yeah...I'm glad there is a thread for the Bomb Squad Guy.
                            well, he was just a poor red shirt. poof. yeah, no mention of him so one can surmise he had a funeral thing before or after carson did...

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                              well, he was just a poor red shirt. poof. yeah, no mention of him so one can surmise he had a funeral thing before or after carson did...
                              I think Carson is the first one they even had a memorial service for. They lost Grodin, Markham, Smith, Dumais, Peterson, Fielstrom, Gaul, Abrams, Sumner, Johnson, Wagner, Hayes, Monroe and Collinsworth, and those are just the people I remember. None of them had a memorial service.

Comment

Working...
                              X