John Sheppard: Ancienty? 0.o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Sheppard: Ancienty? 0.o

This is a topic that has been discussed many times on various threads and has found a home here at last.

The Theories: John is a descended Ancient that remembers nothing about his past or is simply a descendant of one.

The Evidence: John's super!gene, his Kirk-ness with Ascended women (hehe), the fact that some Ancient technology works for him but not others, Teers prediction and John helping them (if he had ascended before, it would make sense he'd be the only one to help them, right?), and a ton of stuff I can think of right now.

Thoughts anyone?
    click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Hmmm.... Well it does make the flyboy stand out more. And he does have that natural way of turning Ancient machines on. Well, it could be. I'll give it a 34% chance of happening.

Which is pretty good.

Since we don't know crap about his past.

"Woman who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything." --- My friend, Elizabeth, about me.

Comment

He just has a high midi-chlorians count.
      sigpic

Comment

*Dies at the Star Wars reference*

"Woman who catch fly with chopstick accomplish anything." --- My friend, Elizabeth, about me.

Comment

Interesting idea, but I don't think he is. But.... really interesting idea!!!!
          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Its a pretty smart way of thinking about it (and im not saying ur not smat lol)
            i never thought about it before.... damn it now u got me thinking about it lol!
            Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
            Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

And now this has me writing an AU fic of Sheppy anicenty.

I have way too much time on my hands....

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                This is a topic that has been discussed many times on various threads and has found a home here at last.

The Theories: John is a descended Ancient that remembers nothing about his past or is simply a descendant of one.

The Evidence: John's super!gene, his Kirk-ness with Ascended women (hehe), the fact that some Ancient technology works for him but not others, Teers prediction and John helping them (if he had ascended before, it would make sense he'd be the only one to help them, right?), and a ton of stuff I can think of right now.

Thoughts anyone?
                Well I'm guessing that everyone who naturally carries the Ancient gene does so because the Ancients who came to Earth interbred with humans, though after 10,000 years you'd think that the percentage of people carrying the gene would be much larger (not that I know anything about DNA), so they are all descendants of Ancients in some way or another.

I don't think Shep is a descended Ancient but I have considered the fact that perhaps his Ancient ancestry is closer than that of most ATA gene carriers. His background is so mysterious that they could easily make, for example, his mother a descended Ancient and it would seem plausible. But I don't think they'll take that route, I think Shep is just an ordinary guy who's ATA gene is just down to a fluke of genetics.

Comment

Originally posted by Josie View Post
                  Well I'm guessing that everyone who naturally carries the Ancient gene does so because the Ancients who came to Earth interbred with humans, though after 10,000 years you'd think that the percentage of people carrying the gene would be much larger (not that I know anything about DNA), so they are all descendants of Ancients in some way or another.

I don't think Shep is a descended Ancient but I have considered the fact that perhaps his Ancient ancestry is closer than that of most ATA gene carriers. His background is so mysterious that they could easily make, for example, his mother a descended Ancient and it would seem plausible. But I don't think they'll take that route, I think Shep is just an ordinary guy who's ATA gene is just down to a fluke of genetics.
                  Ditto. I agree.
                  sigpic

Comment

Why do you think that Shep is anciently??
                    I think he is a normal guy which gets only in a few crazy situations. When he really is a ancient why he wasn`t sure in "rising" that he should go to Atlantis.
                    hallowed are the ori

Comment

it's possible. But i doubt it.
                      it would be cool if it happened though.

Comment

it's a interesting idea but i really doubt it's true. His personality is just that of you're average guy....he just has the weird fortune as having a very strong gene.....or......something......i'm sure there are others like hime too...they're just quite rare.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                          He just has a high midi-chlorians count.

I'd have to agree. His ancient gene is just stronger.
                          Icon by AceofHadeon Sig by TrueRomantic

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X