This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelt'ar View Post
    I think it was an Homage to stargate thing. There is a stargate on an episode of the men in black cartoons, and also in an episode of the grim adventures of billy and mandy. Wierd huh? Sorry I got no links, but if I find them, I'll post em.
    jimmy neutron, fairy godparents and aqua teen hunger forces are stargates too XD
    Hallowed are the Ori !!!
    Follow the path of the Enlightment !
    Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

Whoa! That's a Stargate!

Comment

Originally posted by Zed.P.M. View Post
        Whoa! That's a Stargate!
        Reboot paid homage to many shows, they even had Gillian Anderson voice Data Nully who was partnered with Special Agent Fax Modem... They even reinacted a scene from Blues Brothers... I wouldnt worry too much.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Promethius30 View Post
          Well i have never seen or heard of the show but i have just look it up and i know wikipedia is not the most reliable site but it said it first episode was in September 17, 1994 and the movie of stargate came out 28 October 1994 meaning that the reboot show was first but movie take much longer to make so the ideas must have been so close together it hard to tell who had the idea first??
          it turns out that DD(the maker of the Stargate Movie) was actually thinking about making the film since getting out of film school, though I forget how they got the idea for the stargate itself, that thing was made out of Purcin(Porson) Wax, at least I remember hearing that it was that kind of wax on the audio commentary

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
          "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
          "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
            Reboot paid homage to many shows, they even had Gillian Anderson voice Data Nully who was partnered with Special Agent Fax Modem... They even reinacted a scene from Blues Brothers... I wouldnt worry too much.

Not to mention Star Trek 3 when the Pirate's ship is scuttled. The reaction to it from the characters was line for line the same scene in The Search for Spock.

It's great.

Comment

I use to watch this show. They lived inside a computer. Never seen this episode.

Comment

I watched Reboot when I was 7...it's about the same age as the movie
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                  I have sent the link with an "IMPORTANT" stamp to Joe Mallozzi on his blog.
                  SO i guess we just wait and see what he has to say on the subject....
                  I wonder what his reaction will B....[..]angry,sad,"i am gonna sue the pants off them"etc.
                  LOL.

It was an homage to Stargate. ReBoot parodied dozens of shows. It was the first all-cg television series, and is actually Canadian. It's a great series. The funniest episode is the one where they spoofed The Evil Dead.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                    Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
                    LOL.

It was an homage to Stargate. ReBoot parodied dozens of shows. It was the first all-cg television series, and is actually Canadian. It's a great series. The funniest episode is the one where they spoofed The Evil Dead.
                    ^What they said.. I don't remember this particular episode but I used to love Reboot. And I remember the Data Nully/Fax Modem episode... as a fan of The X-Files, I laughed... a lot!
                    sigpic

Comment

That's weird. But I think some other shows have also made a Stargate tribute. Aqua Teen did with the "Fargate" and they even mention Stargate in it.

Vala,

Comment

Reboot was an awesome show... they often did stuff as "tributes" to other shows. I'm sure SG-1 producers know about it, and probably approve of it.

Comment

reboot keeps talking about the mainframe and the super computer. now they have a stargate. could they be in the sgc's computer?

Comment

Originally posted by Londo Molari View Post
                            Reboot was an awesome show... they often did stuff as "tributes" to other shows. I'm sure SG-1 producers know about it, and probably approve of it.
                            Well, even if they didn't approve of it, there really isn't much they can do about it. You can't copyright an idea for one. And the usage is pretty clearly parody which means that it is protected speech in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by Leous View Post
                              reboot keeps talking about the mainframe and the super computer. now they have a stargate. could they be in the sgc's computer?
                              Only if Walter's been playing computer games when he's on duty...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

yeah, it's a spoof.

Reboot was known to do a lot of them.
                                also, when you consider that they were both made in Vancouver, Canada (as was the X-files) it's unsurprising.

Comment

Working...
                                X