• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OFFICIAL SciFi/RDM Joint Announcement: Season 4 22 Episodes, Final Season

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=2&id=41709
    0000 EST 01 JUNE 2007
    Battlestar Ending Next Season

The producers of SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica confirmed that the upcoming fourth season will be the show's last. Executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick said that it was a creative decision to end the acclaimed series with the upcoming 22-episode season.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement on May 31. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there: We're going out with a bang."

In November, a special two-hour Battlestar episode, "Razor," will air. The fourth season kicks off in early 2008.

At last month's Saturn Awards, Edward James Olmos said that the upcoming season would be the show's last, prompting Eick to say at the time that no decision had been made. "I promise you that when Ron and I make a decision about Galactica's future, we'll let you know," he said then.
    Once a MARINE, Always a MARINE

God Bless, Protect, and Speed,

Robert Emmett Stephen Doyle IX

Irish by ancestry, American by birth, but MARINE by the grace of God.
    Fortitudine Vincit, In Deo Speramus, Semper Fidelis

SEMPERTOONS: http://www.sempertoons.com/
    SEMPERTOONS Store: www.cafepress.com/sempertoons

This isn't a surprise. We knew for a while that S.4 would be the last. I hope it's the best season out of them all.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

I knew they should have gone with the Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming idea instead of this PC re-write

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/hatchvision.htm

Comment

I like the re-imagining thanks.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Isn't it better to go into a season knowing it's going to be the last so that you can wrap everything up? And isn't it better to choose to end things while the stories are still (theoretically) strong? I'd rather have a show knowingly end on a high note than to wither out in a mixture of confusion and increasingly weak stories. If there's one thing that's worse than a good show ending too soon, it's a good show that doesn't end soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Defiant View Post
            I knew they should have gone with the Battlestar Galactica: The Second Coming idea instead of this PC re-write

http://www.battlestargalactica.com/hatchvision.htm
            Who knows, they still might do some form of revitalization of the original series. As late as 2005 Larson had considered doing a direct to DVD movie continuing the original series saga. Apparently based on some kind of copyright clause he only sold the televised rights to Battlestar Galactica, he’s still free to pursue movies or direct to DVD material based on his original concept.

Comment

No supprise, but now that it's confirmed it really hits home. Good find.
              "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                I like the re-imagining thanks.
                So you are the one to blame!

Comment

At least now it is finally official. I plan to just enjoy next season, and see where the ride takes me.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    At least now it is finally official. I plan to just enjoy next season, and see where the ride takes me.
                    Yes- I intend to fully enjoy every moment that we've got left. And I doubt that that will be any sort of task.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      Yes- I intend to fully enjoy every moment that we've got left. And I doubt that that will be any sort of task.
                      Indeed! I think the boys are going to give us one hell of a season to end this show on. I expect one wild ride. And I can't wait to experience every moment of it.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

BSG is my favourite Sci-Fi show on TV at the moment. Its different and I love the story-driven episodes.

As I said in the other thread, there is no need to stretch this story to a point where it becomes boring and annoyingly slow-paced. I hope the BSG will go out with a bang in SE04

Comment

well it might not be the end the could be more direct to dvd movies later
                          not like theres a shortage of source meterial

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                            BSG is my favourite Sci-Fi show on TV at the moment. Its different and I love the story-driven episodes.

As I said in the other thread, there is no need to stretch this story to a point where it becomes boring and annoyingly slow-paced. I hope the BSG will go out with a bang in SE04
                            Here here. I'd much rather it went out on top, still producing quality episodes than dragged on for the sake of it. I think they've made the right decision.
                            My blog
                            My Twitter

Comment

Well i think it is better this way.

In my opinon 4 seasons is more than enough.

Having 5 or 8 seasons would be over kill.

Comment

Working...
                              X