Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "Quarantine" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "Quarantine" Pre Airing Discussion/speculation Thread (Spoilers)

From JM's blog:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC05475.JPG

Also, from the Atlantis Spoiler Community on LJ:

Carl Binder has started work on writing "the relationships episode" for the back half of Season 4. Once he's done with that, he will move on to writing the crossover episode.
    So...a relationship episode?
    Last edited by PG15; 31 May 2007, 07:36 PM.

The relationship episode, interesting. It'd definitely be nice to know which relationship. Though, with a name like Quarantine I can think of several possibilities in terms of relationship building.

Either way though, I'm glad Carl Binder is writing it. That definitely gives me hope for the episode. I tend to really enjoy Binder's work.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
    "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

yay for Carl Binder writing this ep.

hmm... a relationship. as long as it's not another shep-as-kirk ep, i'll be fine. no offence to shep fans, but it would be great to focus on another characters relationship.
      "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
      "what?"
      *throat punch*
      My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
      LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

The only relationship i'd want is maybe McKay or Shepherd dating one of the other scientists off screen. Please no relationship between 2 team members.

Unless by relationship they just mean friends.

Anther thing to think about is this is the thirteenth episode, right after the mid season 2 parter. It's been said before that this will, in essence be part 3.

Maybe after a fight of some kind they have some sort of toxic leak and have to quarantine Atlantis?
        Last edited by Professor Chaos; 01 June 2007, 04:47 AM.
        Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

This could be the episode where the news reporter melts... see this thread for details - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44346

Comment

I fear that this episode will be similar to Hot Zone and Lockdown. A quarantine can be always entertaining with intresting pairs and places. We had also the SGC base, Atlantis, small puddler jumper (39 Minutes, Grace under pressure), so I hope they can find out a fresh and less cliche situation.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              This could be the episode where the news reporter melts... see this thread for details - http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44346
              No, I don't think so, because the reporter has filmed that episode already, a few weeks ago, so that episode has to be in the first half of the season. Tabula Rasa maybe? Quarantine hasn't been filmed yet.
              sigpic

Comment

Maybe by relationship they mean who
                Spoiler:
                Teyla's baby daddy is.

Comment

We find that out pretty much as soon as she's revealed as being pregnant according to JM.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
                    Anther thing to think about is this is the thirteenth episode, right after the mid season 2 parter. It's been said before that this will, in essence be part 3.
                    No it isn't. This Mortal Coil (#10), Be All My Sins Remember'd (#11), and Spoils of War (#12) are the three episodes of the mid-season two-parter. Then, this episode is next. There is only twenty episodes in a season.
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

Yuppers. Hmmm...I have no clue what this is about. plus on the reporter lady, the dates don't match up. that would mean the show would premiere in July lik eit normally does for that reporter lady to be in the seond half of S4 ep in September. And JM confirmed again last night that it would not be premiering in July so that's not the same ep.

I don't know what they mean by relationships. It could mean anything---all I do know is that it's team related and nothing else. All the eps are team focused in some way or another even if one of the 4 team members are the focus...everyone else is background and so this plot maybe around them rebuilding trust lines that might have been broken.

Something like McKay/Teyla are in one room and Ronon/Shep in another silmilar to the arc, or I could be completely incorrect and it's soemthing. In any event it's going to be team related so we might as well add that and beyond it there's not much more to write on it.
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                        Yuppers. Hmmm...I have no clue what this is about. plus on the reporter lady, the dates don't match up. that would mean the show would premiere in July lik eit normally does for that reporter lady to be in the seond half of S4 ep in September. And JM confirmed again last night that it would not be premiering in July so that's not the same ep.

I don't know what they mean by relationships. It could mean anything---all I do know is that it's team related and nothing else. All the eps are team focused in some way or another even if one of the 4 team members are the focus...everyone else is background and so this plot maybe around them rebuilding trust lines that might have been broken.

Something like McKay/Teyla are in one room and Ronon/Shep in another silmilar to the arc, or I could be completely incorrect and it's soemthing. In any event it's going to be team related so we might as well add that and beyond it there's not much more to write on it.
                        Are you implying, Shex Vab?
                        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                          Are you implying, Shex Vab?
                          Crap, did my slasherness come out? Not necessarily! I'm more of Zex fanatic (Zelenka/Ronon). But hmmm...Shex is good enough. In any event I'm really implying a McShexla!! Teyla is a lucky girl...too very lucky!
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                            No it isn't. This Mortal Coil (#10), Be All My Sins Remember'd (#11), and Spoils of War (#12) are the three episodes of the mid-season two-parter. Then, this episode is next. There is only twenty episodes in a season.
                            Thx for correcting me. The Spoils Of War sounds like a much better title to follow the 2 parter anyways.
                            Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              From JM's blog:

http://bp2.blogger.com/_bu0vVgPPyEs/...h/DSC05475.JPG

Also, from the Atlantis Spoiler Community on LJ:

So...a relationship episode?
                              Do we know this is the relationships episode, and not the crossover episode?
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X