Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quantum Stuff. Warning may offend some people, but comment anyway.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quantum Stuff. Warning may offend some people, but comment anyway.

I was taking a break from work so i decided to banter about something. Here it goes. Feel free to criticize.

The balance of the universe is recurring in everyday life so unnoticeably to the point that its subtleties are commonly ignored. The ancients understood this fact very well, and have for centuries strived to reach the level of enlightenment where they have been able to minimize the effects of the observer on their surroundings in order to be able to observe. This seems like a paradox, but it is utterly logical that without an observer we cannot contemplate the existence of the observer.

For example, let’s take a particular event in space-time which we are observing being observed, if we do not observe this event then that event and its observer are a wave-like phenomenon that are occurring simultaneously in all of space-time, including the space-time that we are occupying. By not observing the event we do not destroy its nature and we do not make the entire event merely hypothetical. Since no two events or observers can permeate the exact same space-time, space-time itself would need to exhibit wavelike behavior in order to accommodate multiple events occurring in multiple space-times, this leads to infinitely many space-times which have infinitely many events, which in turn need infinitely many space-times in order to have infinitely many outcomes.

This then leads to the conclusion that the observer exists in all of space time at once, and is capable of transforming himself between space-times through mere observations. The key is to guide our observations to achieve transitions between different space-times through our observations in order to exploit the balance of the universe in our favor. The different space-times are composed of infinitely many events and as the observer we have the power to choose what we are observing. We observe events with all of our senses, and have to train our senses to only observe the events we want to observe.

What this seems to suggest is that to be able to transcend different space-time we are completely out of phase with ourselves and we are constantly popping in and out of existence in certain space-times, while existing in all possible space times simultaneously. This is the main reason that we find it hard to observe ourselves in the light that we wish to, simply because we are never completely whole. It is this concept of oneness that we have to strive towards. We have to know exactly what it is that we want, so that our one true self can start to assemble in a particular space-time.

This is similar to the technique of spread spectrum multiplexing, where we break up the information into little quantized chunks and transmit each little chunk on a different frequency, and then put the signal back together once the information has reached its destination. We constantly exist in the whole of space-time, but we are never wholly in a particular space-time, until we know what our destination is.

The ancients strived to come to a point in their meditation, where they were able to observe their thoughts and observations through observations while having minimal impact on their observations in the process. Since the human brain cannot comprehend the impossibility of infinity, and only comprehends the asymptotic limit approaching infinity they have never been successful. Infinity is made up of a simple incremental build-up. Everything is simple, and yet there is so much of everything that we cannot comprehend everything at once. So the optimal solution is to exploit the balance of the universe and don’t strive to understand everything, just concentrate on what you really want.
    Last edited by xtremixt; 30 May 2007, 06:20 AM. Reason: Made paragraphs
    Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Where the hell do you work?!

Comment

Okay - I had to read your post a couple of times, and to be honest I could probably benefit from reading it a couple more before I answer, but I'm going to dive in anyway.

A couple of thoughts:

a- I would agree that it is impossible to observe without altering the observed. Which would have to go both ways. If you are watching the entity observing you, you'd have to alter them in some way as well. How that affects the Ancients? Dunno.

b- Agreed (I think!) that to observe the universe as a whole you would have to exist in all areas of space/time simultaneously. The physics of it is really beyond me, but even if that were possible, it would create a duality (you v space/time continuum) and according to Bohr (if I've understood it correctly) it is impossible to see both sides of the duality - you can only percieve one side. Therefore you could only percieve a part of the whole, which is further altered by you observing it, which leaves you with an incomplete and skewed analysis anyway. (I hope that was clear?)

c- It is egocentric (to put it mildly) to say that one entity could or should observe the entire universe, and for what purpose are they observing? To alter? To guide? To judge? Any answer I can think of supports an egocentric philosophy of superiority.

d-
      Everything is simple, and yet there is so much of everything that we cannot comprehend everything at once. So the optimal solution is to exploit the balance of the universe and don’t strive to understand everything, just concentrate on what you really want.
      I'm not sure what you're saying here - can you clarify? Are you saying that it's best to give up because it's impossible, to get what you want regardless of the balance of the universe, or just strive to focus on what you want to understand and accept that it is limited because it is impossible to understand the whole? Or something else?
      sigpic
      My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

just strive to focus on what you want to understand and accept that it is limited because it is impossible to understand the whole
        Xtremixt

All was shattered, and all but memory lost, and one memory above all others, of him who brought the shadow and the breaking of the world. And him they named Dragon.

Comment

Originally posted by xtremixt View Post
          just strive to focus on what you want to understand and accept that it is limited because it is impossible to understand the whole
          Cool, thanks. Umm.. divided views on that. I agree with the theory, but I'd have reservations about what it was applied to. And I think there are some benefits in not closing yourself off to other ideas or information because of an attitude of can't learn it all, why bother. But to continually strive for something that is unobtainable can be damaging, not to mention futile.
          sigpic
          My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Yea which brings us back to the question of balance. You have to balance how much of something you want.
            Xtremixt

Comment

You couldn't have just used bullet points, could you...?

*gets lost in post*
              I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
              Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                You couldn't have just used bullet points, could you...?

*gets lost in post*
                Sorry budy i made some paragraphs, hope that helps.
                Xtremixt

Comment

....Too......many......big.....words....

We need a Time Lord.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Working...
                  X