Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

use this thread to write suggestions http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=44286

Comment

The forum link led me here so im posting it here...

PLEASE for the love of God add dates to the posts and PLEASE list the news from new to old (new up, old down). Everytime i go into the site to read some news i think that i've read it all... Then i scroll down a little, and boyo... there are 4 news i hav'nt read! The voting system keeps news on the top and thats bad...

Dates would solve this. A new story, a new date, bringing the newest date furthest up.

Comment

Why no Star Wars? There are two tv shows in the works and at least 4 Games.
        Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

The software running the site does date the stories, but not real intuitively: "Posted by _____ 2 days ago." I'll look into seeing if there's any way to display the actual date a headline was added.

On the "New Submissions" page, the newest headlines are always added to the top. It's on the home page where they may appear out of order -- there they appear in the order in which they were promoted to the home page (which happens when a headline reaches a predetermined number of votes -- currently set to 5). The software follows the Digg standard there.

Always look for the newest stuff on the "New Submissions" page.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I've set up show categories based on the 2007-2008 broadcast season. All things "Star Wars" current fit into the Movies category, though as the new live-action show draws closer it will inevitably get its own category.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              I've set up show categories based on the 2007-2008 broadcast season. All things "Star Wars" current fit into the Movies category, though as the new live-action show draws closer it will inevitably get its own category.
              Very cool! Thanks!
              Doze Out...

I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Comment

If anyone would like to poke around and offer feedback, I've just finished the initial work-up on SciFi Stream's series sections for:

Battlestar Galactica
                Heroes
                Lost

Additional shows to come. This process involves porting over the episode guide content from GateWorld, integrating it with the SciFi Stream design, and adding dynamically-updated news headlines from the news portion of SciFi Stream. Each show also has its own RSS feed (icon in the show's navigation bar), though only headlines that have reached the home page / "Top News" status will appear in the feed. So keep voting on new submissions!

I'd love to hear what you think, and if you have any more brilliant ideas for integration of the static (episode guide, etc.) content with the dynamic (user-submitted news, votes, comments, etc.) portions of SciFi Stream.

The next step will be to integrate these static show sections into the news portion of the site, which will hopefully make the site feel like one dynamic whole ... despite the fact that it covers 30 different shows and is run by two different content management systems.

Comment

Since the thread I made is not really getting noticed so I'll write it here:

I like your babylon 5 section because it was about its continuity but are you going to do a continuity on Doctor who with guide on torchwood and the probable sarah jane adventures. I would put a FAQ on your stargate section to say why you don't have a guide to stargate infinity.

Also on your Battlestar galactica section you could make it like this, when you go on it you see the 3 sections, forum, origional series and the new, when you click on the new you see, mini series, series 1, series 2, series 3, series 4 (and TV movie when you do it's page).

Yes, also why don't you give the guide to stargate infinity and split the stargate section into 2 sections, stargate infinity and live action continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
                    I like your babylon 5 section because it was about its continuity but are you going to do a continuity on Doctor who with guide on torchwood and the probable sarah jane adventures.
                    Hi, ukray! Thanks for the feedback on the site.

I do hope to eventually have full coverage for the universes that we choose to cover with expanded sections and episode guides. The plan is to do "Torchwood" eventually, as well as other spin-offs. I also want to have some presence for classic Who in the future.

Right now the site is run totally by your's truly, so it'll have to be limited to what I am able to get done in the 24 hours in each day ... and those shows I actually watch. One of the long-term plans for the site is to bring on other people to run show-specific sections.

Originally posted by ukray
                    I would put a FAQ on your stargate section to say why you don't have a guide to stargate infinity.
                    That's probably a good idea. We'll generally cover only live-action series that are an official part of a franchise's canon. There are currently no plans for things like Star Trek: The Animated Series, tie-in novels, comic books, etc.

SciFi Stream's Stargate section actually links over to GateWorld for the actual episode guides. Though I'm not including Infinity on SciFi Stream, GateWorld has more on Infinity than pretty much any site out there (and MORE coming soon).

Also on your Battlestar galactica section you could make it like this, when you go on it you see the 3 sections, forum, origional series and the new, when you click on the new you see, mini series, series 1, series 2, series 3, series 4 (and TV movie when you do it's page).
                    I don't see any reason to force an additional click for users to get into the current show's episode guide. The current show is what is current and newsworthy, so it makes sense that it is front-and-center for the time being.

If and when there are future BSG universe shows (such as Caprica), the navigation options will change. (Compare to Stargate's nav menu, which is divided up by show.)

Yes, also why don't you give the guide to stargate infinity and split the stargate section into 2 sections, stargate infinity and live action continuity.
                    See above.

Thanks!

Comment

Just wanted to say that I love your Babylon 5 section! I've been using it as little guide ever since I got the DVDs along with Lurker's Guide.
                      Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                      Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                      Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                      --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

There was a 1 hour cartoon the BBC showen on the day the last episode was showen, I forgot what it was called, if eneyone knows write down on this thread please, it would be good to add on the doctor who section continuity.

Also the classic Doctor who isn't in continuity with the new one:
                        *Different sonic screwdriver.
                        *Different Darleks
                        *The doctor is the timlord (apart from the master).

Comment

I noticed on your hompage were you have the links to your episode guids is getting near the edge what are you going to do if are going to make another guide, are going to make a second row underneath, also are you going to do it in alperbetical order.

Are you going to put the 1 hour cartoon and sarsh jane adventures on doctor who sci stream, I would if you are doing the guide in continuity.
                          Last edited by ukray; 05 August 2007, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
                            I noticed on your hompage were you have the links to your episode guids is getting near the edge what are you going to do if are going to make another guide, are going to make a second row underneath, also are you going to do it in alperbetical order.
                            I actually added another episode guide yesterday for Bionic Woman, which required a second row. There are still a few more to add, and the order will be shifted around by the time shows premiere in the U.S. next month.

Are you going to put the 1 hour cartoon and sarsh jane adventures on doctor who sci stream, I would if you are doing the guide in continuity.
                            No plans to add the cartoon. I've never seen it and had never heard of it, and we'll generally avoid animated tie-ins (a la Stargate: Infinity, Star Trek: The Animated Series).

If there's another live-action spin-off I'll consider it, but first we still have Torchwood to worry about. Patience, please.

Comment

Are infinity and star trek the animated series not in continuity with the live action, also on star trek section it says on the link to the forum "talk to thousands with other smallville fans". Also on your hompage are you putting the guides links in alpabetical order.

Comment

Star Trek TAS is not considered canon generally, but some people like to think it is so whatever floats your boat.
                                Folding@Home|Babylon 5 Canon Guide

Delenn: This is Ambassador Delenn of the Minbari. Babylon 5 is under our protection. Withdraw,...or be destroyed.
                                Earth Captain: Negative. We have authority here. Do not force us to engage your ship.
                                Delenn: Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives, be somewhere else.
                                --Babylon 5 - "Severed Dreams"

Comment

Working...
                                X