Is Heros a xmen rip?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Heros a xmen rip?

Just started watching the show. Love it so far because was able to see the whole season on nbc website. but isn't it basically xmen and mutant x?

i've always thought so.
    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I don't care - it's better than X-Men

And I love X-Men too btw
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Any show that deals with people and super powers is going to be similar to X-men or any other series of super hero comics.
        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

And we live in the postmodern era - there is no original thought anymore
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

It's X-Men without the costumes. Nothing wrong with that either.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              It's X-Men without the costumes. Nothing wrong with that either.
              Lol thats what i say x-men without the tight leather

Comment

It's made to be a more realistic x-men. The powers are a lot more biologically based than energy based and the behavior is a lot more in tune with modern society without a lot of over-the-top behavior. Of course, that could all change next season.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't think it can be called a rip per se. And not an homage either. As Suekay said, there is no original thought anymore.

And no one dare compare Heroes to that horrifying show that is Mutant X. Aside from Superpowers they differ greatly- due to the fact that Mutant X is extremely painful to watch. And Heroes is very fun.

Comment

I agree, Mtuant X is one of the worst show in the genre, period.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hypochondriac View Post
                      Just started watching the show. Love it so far because was able to see the whole season on nbc website. but isn't it basically xmen and mutant x?
                      it's x-men but more realistic. .
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Kinda...But it's too good a show for that to matter...
                        sigpic

Comment

Its a great show, but the X-men animated series is the greatest animated show of all time IMO. Its not a rip there very different I have X-men animated series on DVD (unofficial release ) and I can never get enough. Thats the only cartoon I watch. I'm talking about this one.

Comment

Heroes = X-Men - Marvel continuity + Dr. Surresh + Politics (not centered around mutants)
                            Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
                            The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
                            I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
                            A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
                            That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
                            Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
                            Caboose: They could be worse?
                            Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

Heroes owes a lot to X-Men, but X-Men should be grateful because it's a very classy show with its own vibe

Heroes is supposed to be essentially a comic on the tv. I've recently been reading the heroes comics and this fact shines through. They've also taken care to try to reverse or avoid famous X-Men stereotypes (i'm only familiar with the movie versions) ;

Wolverine/Claire. Angry, rough and world-weary man, now innocent, sweet teenage girl with no claws.

Angel/Nathan. The wings are gone, Nathan is older, originally comfortable with his assertive personality and is already in a position of power and respect (rather than other way round). Unlike Angel, he has no real desire to fly. You could also contrast Nathan's flying issues with Superman's blase and cliched globe-trotting.

Rogue/Peter. Both share a great deal of angst and soul-searching, but not the same gender and different age brackets. Rogue has ditched her old family in search of a new, Peter relies upon and wants to see the good in his own family. Plus, Peter's ability to simply absorb and use powers later is much cooler, and he endangers entire cities rather than one person at a time.

Shadowcat/DL Hawkins. The power to phase now belongs to a cool black male ex-con, as opposed to a teenage girl, enough said.

Comment

Working...
                              X