Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam/ Jack shipping in series 8 (spoilers for Series 8)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam/ Jack shipping in series 8 (spoilers for Series 8)

I have only recently watched series 8, and I was really surprised when Sam got engaged to Pete and then left him because of Jack. NOt surprised in a bad way - I'm a long time Jack/ Sam shipper, but I was surprised because I thought the writers had wanted to overcome the shipping between the pair ofthem the previous series, using Grace to accomplish this and then having Sam start to date Pete.
    So..what happened? Was Pete not a popular character? Did they decide that as Richard Dean Anderson was leaving, they could tie up the Jack/ Sam storyline instead of giving Sam a seperate love interest? It just seemed odd as in series 7, Sam defintely seemed to be getting over her thing for Jack and then it was like the writers changed their minds in Series 8.
    I have got the impression from several interviews I've read and watched with Amanda Tapping, taht she has got a bit fed up of them shipping Jack and Sam?
    I just wondered if anyone knew anything behind why they did this?
    Clare
    sigpic

i don't think anyone here can say for sure the reasons, but i think you've included all of the popular theories.

a lot of ppl didn't seem to like pete. imo, he was too stalkerish. and he was a j**k to jacob, although maybe they just included that so ppl wouldn't like him and feel good that sam left him

and it seemed to the production staff that s8 was going to be the end of the series, so wrapping up the sam/jack storyline seems like it'd be a good reason, too.
    "victimsofninjasayidsaywhat?"
    "what?"
    *throat punch*
    My blog: kathysnumber1blog.blogspot.com
    LVI now open to all fandoms!!! http://lostvideo.net/

Comment

Hi Beckett 2001! Welcome to the Gateworld Forums.

Regarding your question I believe that the best place to ask this would be Sam/Jack Shipper Family Thread. There you find people who know absolutely everything concerning Sam&Jack and Sam&Pete.
      "Y'know, I can be as diplomatic and open-minded as anyone."
      Colonel Jack O'Neill

Comment

Working...
      X