This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 29 starting in Canada on CBC June 18

I know this was mentioned in the US thread about season 29/3 but thought I'd post a new thread to catch any other Canadian fans!
    The CBC website now has season 29 starting Mondays at 8pm (check your own local listings) on June 18th. It's listed as episode 1 so I don't know if we will be getting The Runaway Bride before that or if CBC is considering that as the 1st episode. There's also a new pic up for season 3.
    I had to pass up a Dr.Who toy (man they are hard to find!) because it's $70! It had doctor 10 with K-9. Looked really cool until I saw the price tag. Then my hubby saw a HUGE Dalek (it may be as tall as my almost 3 year old!) with a price tag of around $110!
    Yikes!

EDITED: Runaway Bride IS being aired on the CBC at 8pm on Monday June 11th because Hockey is over. Did post this further down but thought I'd put in first message too!!!
    Found a time frame 8-9:30.

EDITED AGAIN! The CBC schedule is now showing that Runaway Bride is airing on June 19th at midnight until 1:30am.Boggles the mind why they are airing out of order. But hey, it's the CBC! Of course when we get Torchwood in the fall, I'll forgive them!
    Last edited by Angela V; 09 June 2007, 12:47 PM. Reason: to add new info
    Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Man I wish you were my mom. It would be so awesome to have a mother who was a DW fan.
    Teselecta: "Silence will fall when the question is asked."

Doctor: "And what is the question?"

Teselecta: "How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?"

Doctor: " *Brainfart* ".

Comment

Yay! Less than three weeks to wait!

Does CBC never air the Christmas specials? And are the Christmas specials on the series two DVDs? I've just finished the series one set and it didn't have it.....

*sigh* had to see it through another source

Comment

Annnnd, Torchwood will start airing on CBC in the fall, no date given. Don't know whether I'll watch it or not.

Comment

I'm thrilled that the CBC(finally it's good for something ) is showing new Doctor Who. YAY!!! I don't have to wait until next year for the DVD set to come out.

I'm pretty sure that they'll show The Runaway Bride as well, Trek Girl. Wouldn't everyone be confused if they didn't?

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
            I'm pretty sure that they'll show The Runaway Bride as well, Trek Girl. Wouldn't everyone be confused if they didn't?
            It was more or less a standalone episode to bridge the gap between series. Can't think of any plot points that have any bearing on future episodes. There might have been, but nothing that comes to mind at the minute.

People might be confused at the absence of a certain person if they hadn't watched the previous series finale though. I think CBC really should show the Christmas special before the new series starts. It was a fun ep to watch.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Looks like they're starting with "Smith and Jones" on June 18th. There's no mention of "The Runaway Bride". Too bad, I want to see it before the DVDs come out.

Comment

One week and four days to go!

Comment

http://www.dwin.org/article.php?sid=211

YES! Runaway Bride is being aired THIS monday June 11th!!! Since Hockey is over. Yippeeeeee!
                  Yes it's not on the main cbc site yet, but I found a link to this from the cbc website.
                  The important stuff is in quotes below...

"In an interesting twist, Series 3 will be preceded by a broadcast of the 2006 Christmas Special The Runaway Bride on June 11 before showing episodes of the latest series starting Monday, June 18 at 8pm on CBC!

With no game 7 of the Stanley Cup to be played, the CBC are going to show The Runaway Bride on Monday, June 11 at 8pm."

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                    http://www.dwin.org/article.php?sid=211

YES! Runaway Bride is being aired THIS monday June 11th!!! Since Hockey is over. Yippeeeeee!
                    Yes it's not on the main cbc site yet, but I found a link to this from the cbc website.
                    The important stuff is in quotes below...

"In an interesting twist, Series 3 will be preceded by a broadcast of the 2006 Christmas Special The Runaway Bride on June 11 before showing episodes of the latest series starting Monday, June 18 at 8pm on CBC!

With no game 7 of the Stanley Cup to be played, the CBC are going to show The Runaway Bride on Monday, June 11 at 8pm."
                    I am beyond excited by the fact that there's going to be Doctor Who on my tv a whole week earlier than expected.

And thanks for mentioning it, because it doesn't show up in my tv guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                      I am beyond excited by the fact that there's going to be Doctor Who on my tv a whole week earlier than expected.

And thanks for mentioning it, because it doesn't show up in my tv guide.
                      you're welcome!
                      I'm REALLY hoping this info is correct or else I'm taping "Signs"
                      I did notice the CBC was advertising Dr. Who starting June 18th (say it while watching Just for Laughs). But that would've been made way before they knew hockey was going to end early.

Comment

I just checked the CBC site. They're not showing The Runaway Bride on June 11th. They are showing it at 12:00 am(it goes until 1:30 am) on June 19th(well they say June 18th but you know what I mean).

So it's Smith and Jones from 8:00 pm til 9:00 pm and The Runaway Bride afterwards at midnight.

Comment

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                          I just checked the CBC site. They're not showing The Runaway Bride on June 11th. They are showing it at 12:00 am(it goes until 1:30 am) on June 19th(well they say June 18th but you know what I mean).

So it's Smith and Jones from 8:00 pm til 9:00 pm and The Runaway Bride afterwards at midnight.
                          Doctor Who at midnight? That's dumb.

Comment

You all beat me too it! Just saw that too. Why in the world are they airing the first episode BEFORE the special??? dorks.
                            I guess they really want to air that movie Signs (I got it on DVD and no way would I want to watch it on t.v. with commericals and edits!).

Comment

Originally posted by Angela V View Post
                              You all beat me too it! Just saw that too. Why in the world are they airing the first episode BEFORE the special??? dorks.
                              I guess they really want to air that movie Signs (I got it on DVD and no way would I want to watch it on t.v. with commericals and edits!).
                              Heh, CBC officially annoys me after they changed their schedule around last night and didn't air A.I. until midnight.

Comment

Working...
                              X