Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm watching DS9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm watching DS9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've only seen a couple of episodes over the last months, not understanding most of it so I'm watching from the begining! I am on episode 2. I'm liking it.

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
    I am on episode 2. I'm liking it.
    Well, that's a good start. Especially considering the first season and a half are pretty weak, and it gets exponentially better from there. You're in for quite a ride.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I've only seen a couple of episodes over the last months, not understanding most of it so I'm watching from the begining! I am on episode 2. I'm liking it.
      Excellent monkey-man. As I am sure you are aware of, I run the DS9 superior thread where we talk everything DS9 and Trek related. We have a great and smart core group of very dedicated DS9 fans where we can answer any questions or just have an everything/anything discussion about episodes, characters, writers, guest stars ...etc...

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Well, that's a good start. Especially considering the first season and a half are pretty weak, and it gets exponentially better from there. You're in for quite a ride.
      Very well said Digifluid! - "quite a ride", indeed.

The first 2 seasons weren't bad, but they lacked really any kind of direction. Sure there was quite a few truly great episodes from the first 2 seasons, but the show really kick-in with the introduction of the The Dominion and Jem'Hadar at the end of season 2. - Then you are in for one wild and very entertaining 5 season arc involving the entire Alpha Quadrant in a war for survival against the uber powerful Dominion.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I am a big trek fan. But DS9 has always been on the bottom of my list. When it started reruning last fall my inlaws asked me to record it for them since they don't have cable and weren't able to watch most of it because of bad reception. So I've been watching it and realise I really do like it after all!
        And found the first few season quite good. I enjoyed it very much. I'm in the middle of season 5 right now and do find the war stuff a bit dragging. But I'm still enjoying it. There's so much c*ap on tv these days. I like some good sci-fi storytelling.
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Its the best of the franchise imo. Hope you stick with it and enjoy it
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

i dont like the ferengi guy.

Comment

what quark? he's funny

I have to say got a small crush on dr bashir
              sigpic

Comment

As shows go, it's a good little filler of a series. Helps fill a gap if there's nothing else on. Heh, it's great really. DS9 really took off for me after the Dominion were introduced. Enjoy, Monkey_Man.
                "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Originally posted by Sheppard little minx View Post
                  what quark? he's funny

I have to say got a small crush on dr bashir
                  I dont like the ferengi in general they look so wierd. they seem out of place, they seem to belong in some fantasy movie.

Comment

I dont like the ferengi in general they look so wierd. they seem out of place, they seem to belong in some fantasy movie.
                    Trust me monkey_man - Quark will grow of you. He turns out to be one of the most dynamic characters from any of the Trek series. The back and forth between Odo and Quark throughout the entire series is both compellingly brilliant and quite hilarious.

DS9 in general is such a great and entertaining show. The 5 season long Dominion War arc is IMHO not only the best Trek but also the best scifi ever done.

<<<<Huge Conan fan. He was recently in San Francisco a few weeks ago and both Fifth Race and myself tried to get tickets for any of his shows, we had no luck, apparently there were over 70,000 ticket requests for a 2,000 seat theatre. He was particulary funny during his week in my home-town.

Comment

i dont like the ferengi guy.
                      Ahhh, Quark. I didn't like him at all in the beginning either. But he has the fantastic journey that covers over the course of the show and I really came to love the character, he eventually became one of my favourites.

That's one of the best things about DS9- a lot of the time Trek is wanting for character development, but DS9 has it in abundance. It really does an amazing job of creating full series-long stories for about a dozen regular and recurring characters that all come to satisfying conclusion. It almost feels like a novel in that sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                        Trust me monkey_man - Quark will grow of you. He turns out to be one of the most dynamic characters from any of the Trek series. The back and forth between Odo and Quark throughout the entire series is both compellingly brilliant and quite hilarious.

DS9 in general is such a great and entertaining show. The 5 season long Dominion War arc is IMHO not only the best Trek but also the best scifi ever done.

<<<<Huge Conan fan. He was recently in San Francisco a few weeks ago and both Fifth Race and myself tried to get tickets for any of his shows, we had no luck, apparently there were over 70,000 ticket requests for a 2,000 seat theatre. He was particulary funny during his week in my home-town.
                        Nice to see some Conan fans.

Comment

The more i think about it, Deep Space Nine is my favorite Trek show i cant wait untill i get up to DS9 during my Trek rewatch
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                            Excellent monkey-man. As I am sure you are aware of, I run the DS9 superior thread where we talk everything DS9 and Trek related. We have a great and smart core group of very dedicated DS9 fans where we can answer any questions or just have an everything/anything discussion about episodes, characters, writers, guest stars ...etc...

Very well said Digifluid! - "quite a ride", indeed.

The first 2 seasons weren't bad, but they lacked really any kind of direction. Sure there was quite a few truly great episodes from the first 2 seasons, but the show really kick-in with the introduction of the The Dominion and Jem'Hadar at the end of season 2. - Then you are in for one wild and very entertaining 5 season arc involving the entire Alpha Quadrant in a war for survival against the uber powerful Dominion.
                            I don't know if that is fair. Most shows are still getting their legs in their first couple of seasons. Factoring that in, I thought the first two seasons of DS9 were excellent. IMO, it was part of the golden age of Trek. TNG was still on, DS9 was just getting started, and Voyager was over the horizon. The first season kinda continued with TNG-style story telling before gradually building to more and more serialized storytelling. "Homecoming," "The Circle," and "The Seige" in Season 2 were Trek's first 3 parter ever. That's where the trend started. It also introduced the Maquis concept which would be essential to Voyager.

I know a lot of people feel that DS9 just kept getting better and better, but I consider Seasons 1, 2, & 3 very strong while 4 and 5 were kinda weak (with some very BIG individual exceptions). Then, Season 5's cliffhanger brought the show back with a vengeance. Seasons 6 & 7 were outstanding.

Just my two cents.

Comment

Working...
                            X