No announcement yet.

Adria's Last Name????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She doesn't need one. One name is enough for the likes of Madonna, Robbie, Jordan, Kate, etc.
    sigpic
    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by TheInnkeeper View Post
      Um, are you guys stupid?

Adria Midichlorians
      Too me a moment to get that one!

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
      LOL, true, she may not have been hymenally intact but the actual conception in question was carried out without carnal event, besides why would the anti-christ be carried by a true virgin anyway.
      Wait, wait, wait...are you saying that Vala isn't a virgin?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Adria's last name would be Tomin's last name. (I have no idea what that is.) Vala married him and told him that he was the father when she realized she was pregnant.

She did love Tomin and he embraced Adria as his own child--knowing she was not.

Tomin is her "legal" father.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

i'm pretty sure it was a virgin conception, i think it was a prior that waved his magic staff and wham bam thank you man, she was all knocked up
          Lol a virgin conception? Emmaculate conception dont u mean. Vala is cleary not a virgin lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
            Adria's last name would be Tomin's last name. (I have no idea what that is.) Vala married him and told him that he was the father when she realized she was pregnant.

She did love Tomin and he embraced Adria as his own child--knowing she was not.

Tomin is her "legal" father.
            Speaking of, did Tomin ever get a last name? What is with these one-name people? Do the Ori not believe in last names?

-Stef

PHOTOBUCKET // WEBSITE // LIVEJOURNAL---------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Stef View Post
              Speaking of, did Tomin ever get a last name? What is with these one-name people? Do the Ori not believe in last names?

-Stef
              Well it is a Medieval society, and I'm pretty sure last names really weren't used during that time, or at least not by everyone.
              All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

-Stef

I have no idea if they use surnames. Vala just said his name was Tomin but never said if he even had a last name.

In many casses the surname developed out of being the "son" of ____ (father's name) or person's name___ from___.

Leonardo de Vinci--for example--means Leonardo from Vinci (a city)

Dickson--english name--means Son of Dick--Patronymic name meaning "son of Dick." The given name Dick is a short form of Richard, meaning "brave power," derived from the German "ric" for power or rule and "hard" for brave and hardy.

source:http://genealogy.about.com/library/s...bl_meaning.htm

dickson: http://genealogy.about.com/library/s...me-DICKSON.htm

One would assume some sort of surname system would arise in a large order of people like the Ori followers.

We never knew the name of the village or planet they were on.

The names could be village, planet or solor system related in the ori galaxy too.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  Well it is a Medieval society, and I'm pretty sure last names really weren't used during that time, or at least not by everyone.
                  In medevil society--the person's father or city was the last name. As I have posted above.

The last names devolped from this trend. Even peasents had surnames...maybe not in the sense that we would use them.

Jeepers, my brain wasn't working last night.

Adria's last name is Oracle of the Ori.

She is Adria, Oracle of the Ori. Her title is her full name! Translate that to Ancient and you would have her last name. Anyone know Ancient?

Comment

Surnames come from professions too, like Smith.

Comment

I was aware how last names developed, I just wasn't sure when they developed.
                      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

To be quite frank, I don't think she needs a last name. Vala, as she put it, was nothing more than a storage crate for Adria. Also, I just don't think 'Adria Mal Doran' sounds right.

-Stef
                        Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                        I have no idea if they use surnames. Vala just said his name was Tomin but never said if he even had a last name.

In many casses the surname developed out of being the "son" of ____ (father's name) or person's name___ from___.

Leonardo de Vinci--for example--means Leonardo from Vinci (a city)

Dickson--english name--means Son of Dick--Patronymic name meaning "son of Dick." The given name Dick is a short form of Richard, meaning "brave power," derived from the German "ric" for power or rule and "hard" for brave and hardy.
                        Thank you, Jackie. To add a little,

Last names probably started around the 1700s (this is an estimate) and before that, people refered to themselves as "Maliki, son of Daniel" and such. Then, it became such as this;

Example 1- In Mckay, from the root word McCoy, 'Mc' means 'son of', so translated it means 'son of Coy'. 'Mc' always means thus, similarly in McKinney.

Example 2- In Candler or Smith, they were granted this title for it was what they did as an occupation. Candler, a candle maker, Smith, naturally a Smith.

Example 3- In the last and final observation, the last name could be were they were from like Nigers, who would be from Nigeria, and etc.

Sorry for going on like that, but I recently had a study on last names as a side project.

Comment

LOL, true, she may not have been hymenally intact but the actual conception in question was carried out without carnal event, besides why would the anti-christ be carried by a true virgin anyway.
                          LOL how true.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

My vote goes to...

Spoiler:
                            Of Nazzareth

To see a picture of me in the Miss Teen America pageant, click here.

Comment

Originally posted by Elles View Post
                              My vote goes to...

Spoiler:
                              Of Nazzareth
                              LOL What about Adria Skywalker! The next Sith Lord!
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Adriana Sun?

or Adriana Crichton?

Comment

Working...
                                X