This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen Goa'uld

After watching the SG-1 episode 'Cure' in season 6 a thought came to me. How could a queen 'blend' with a host without creating a giant bulge in there head?

Its just a thought that came to me when the tok'ra queen (Algeria?) blended.

Didn't it leave the big sac thing behind in the tank when it took a host?

Comment

^^ looked like it to me
      VL2DY4 - Why drink and drive when you can boost and slide...

Comment

yeah it did. you can clearly see it left in the tank.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Tobias View Post
          Didn't it leave the big sac thing behind in the tank when it took a host?
          Yes it did.

I have my own question. Goa'uld are smart and sentiant aliens however a queen (which should be very samrt) spends all its time in a tank alone. Surly that is not boring as HELL!
          Also in evolution SG-1 and jacob where looking at a Goa'uld queen while the queen looked back. Surly trhe queen saw the C4 being planted and knew who SG-1 where so why did it not try get some attantion to warm the base? It should have like a warning button in the tank lol.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
            Yes it did.

I have my own question. Goa'uld are smart and sentiant aliens however a queen (which should be very samrt) spends all its time in a tank alone. Surly that is not boring as HELL!
            Also in evolution SG-1 and jacob where looking at a Goa'uld queen while the queen looked back. Surly trhe queen saw the C4 being planted and knew who SG-1 where so why did it not try get some attantion to warm the base? It should have like a warning button in the tank lol.
            I think somewhere during that scene someone said that her brain activity was very low, she was spawning new larvae for the kull warriors. So maybe that's why. If her brain wasnt up to normal status perhaps she didnt realise it.
            Also Anubis didnt expect anyone to be able to invade his base, so why would she need a warning button? Only kull warriors could enter through the stargate due to its shield.
            I'll try to find the quote for you.
            sigpic
            Awesome sig by Laura
            "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
            Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

hathor seemed to be able to give birth to goa'uld whilst in a host. and also i'm pretty sure that without a host a goauld symbiote is not fully sentient, i've always thought the sybiote hijacks the brain of the host and "downloads" its genetic memory into it to use as its own, sort of like a new hard drive with an OS installed on it (the sybiote) being plugged into an existing computer (the human host). the hard drive may have all the information on it, but cant really do anything with it until it is connected to a processor.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                hathor seemed to be able to give birth to goa'uld whilst in a host. and also i'm pretty sure that without a host a goauld symbiote is not fully sentient, i've always thought the sybiote hijacks the brain of the host and "downloads" its genetic memory into it to use as its own, sort of like a new hard drive with an OS installed on it (the sybiote) being plugged into an existing computer (the human host). the hard drive may have all the information on it, but cant really do anything with it until it is connected to a processor.
                The whole Hathor stuff contradicts all other notions about queens. I think that the Hathor queen stuff isn't canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Icedragon View Post
                  After watching the SG-1 episode 'Cure' in season 6 a thought came to me. How could a queen 'blend' with a host without creating a giant bulge in there head?

Its just a thought that came to me when the tok'ra queen (Algeria?) blended.
                  I always wondered why Hathor didn't have a bulge, well, somewhere, in the episode Hathor.
                  My Stargate Re-Watch Blog: Wormhole!

Comment

Like all long running sci-fi shows - there are bound to be a developmental oops along the way. There are years seperating the Hathor and Ageira storylines.

Hathor did shed her larvae into the hot tub with the intent of having new "human" jaffa to do her bidding. The other queens were not in a host, and their sole purpose of mass producing spawn.
                    A Symbiote

Comment

Originally posted by Mesenet View Post
                      Like all long running sci-fi shows - there are bound to be a developmental oops along the way. There are years seperating the Hathor and Ageira storylines.

Hathor did shed her larvae into the hot tub with the intent of having new "human" jaffa to do her bidding. The other queens were not in a host, and their sole purpose of mass producing spawn.
                      I think Egeria is properly depicted, Hathor made Jack into a Jaffa but later we find out that Jaffa and humans are different.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                        Yes it did.

Also in evolution SG-1 and jacob where looking at a Goa'uld queen while the queen looked back. Surly trhe queen saw the C4 being planted and knew who SG-1 where so why did it not try get some attantion to warm the base?

It was a prisoner of Anubis. Personally i think she'd rather die than be kept in a tank for the rest of her life.
                        1 Year 11mths without using the letter U on the thread: ask Morbo anything

Comment

Maybe Hathor left her host to spawn at one point. She wasn't in any danger for a while due to her influence on the men as long as she was in close proximity and could have found another way to keep sending out that drug. Her host did look to be asleep in the tub (perhaps she got one of the male medics to lightly drug the host for the duration) and we don't know how long it took for the Hathor symbiote to do whatever it does to develop the sac of larvae!!!

The Queens must decide when they spawn going by what Hathor did. In the case of Egeria and the Goa'uld Queen Anubis held prisoner, they were somehow forced to and stopped from going back to a host when finished thus keeping the cycle going.

Comment

I think maybe after enough time in a female host a queen can hijack the reproductive system for its own use. Rather icky thought tho.
                            sigpic
                            I am Zim, Irken Invader Zim. I am responsible for the safe obliteration of the human race, not you!' - Zim - Invader Zim
                            'Don't worry, officer. You are in a filthy Earth brain hospital. Your feelings are normal. There's a squid brain in your head! ' - Zim - Invader Zim
                            'Now, to unleash screaming temporal doom! ' - Zim -Invader Zim

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                              I think Egeria is properly depicted, Hathor made Jack into a Jaffa but later we find out that Jaffa and humans are different.
                              Do we? I really don't think we do... all Jaffa have to be given their pouches by a priest through an operation. And Ryac wouldnt have needed a symbiote until this happened... Only that tribe of female Jaffa had been bread to NEED a symbiote...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X