Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joseph Mallozzi Appreciation Thread (spoilers for everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joseph Mallozzi Appreciation Thread (spoilers for everything)

Well, I figured that since Martin Gero has a thread that I could start one for Joe too and see how it goes. I know he's not a character but I think he's cool I read his blog every day, how about anyone else?

For size
    Spoiler:

And just for good measure, there's a pic of him with Martin Gero. Joe is on the left

*sees tumbleweed roll through thread*

...I guess no one else likes Joe then
    Ah well, it was worth a shot I suppose

Comment

I'll take pity on you and post.

Anyho, yep, I read his blog every day too. I think his blog entries are amusing and they do make me laugh at times. And of course one can't help but love every bit of spoiler he hands out for S4.

Comment

Thanks DG!
        Yeah, he's a really funny guy. And he's made me appreciate just how much the behind-the-scenes folks do at the studios. I never knew just how much work they all put in until I read his blog I love S4 spoilers too...

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
          Well, I figured that since Martin Gero has a thread that I could start one for Joe too and see how it goes. I know he's not a character but I think he's cool I read his blog every day, how about anyone else?

For size
          Spoiler:
          http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u313/firefly827347/Martin%20Gero/DSC02792.jpg

And just for good measure, there's a pic of him with Martin Gero. Joe is on the left
          *waves* you're not the only one to read his blog everyday, it's nice to have a 'cupa Joe' in the morning before work

Ooh while i'm here you might want to change the pic in your first post, as i'm sure he wouldn't want fans to see him with a smile on his face as he's got a reputation as villain to maintain.

Comment

My day is not complete with out a trip over to Joe's blog. He makes me smile. I love his resteraunt reviews. (The hubby and I are going to Vancouver BC in August and plan to sample some of that delicious food Joe keeps showing off.)
            sigpic
            thanks Stef
            Spoiler:

Thanks Wendy

Comment

I really appreciate that Joe takes the time to answer fan's questions and let us in on the behind the scenes stuff.

When I'm away from the computer during the evening, I'm always worried that I'll miss his blog entry for the day.

Comment

I know which blog you are talking about, but where do I find it? I usually just hear about his blogs elsewhere in these threads

I told you I would check this place out firefly. If I had green to give, you would get some. Hopefully tomorrow when the ban lifts
                sigpic
                Sig made by me

Comment

From my comment on his blog, on May 22:

"Hi Joe. So I’ve been a long time lurker and reader of your blog. Posted a question here and there. But there's been something on my mind a lot that I thought I’d finally hash out into words. No No! It's positive, don't worry.

I read a lot of different stargate forum, I read your blog obviously, and a lot of the comments. Even still, I often find myself, what's a good word, dismayed maybe, I find myself dismayed at the posts some people make.

I'll preface this by saying I’m a longtime fan of the shows, started with SG-1 all the way back with episode 1 on Showtime. And have watched Atlantis from it's beginning as well. I'm obviously a fan of both shows.

My dismay is with the attitudes some people choose to color their opinions and posts with, I just don't get it.

As a long time fan, I don't always agree with the choices that are made in regards to a show. For instance I personally am sad that Weir will be leaving Atlantis for example. I have my own opinions on why I like her and so forth, everyone has there own opinions. But the thing is, I understand that these things happen.

You specifically, and the so called powers that be have a lot more information that I (as a fan) do regarding what's happening with a show and what needs to be done. I for one realize that. I'm not in a position to say that Weir leaving is this horrible thing that shouldn't have been done. What would qualifies ME to make that decision?

It's a sad thing, for me, I don't want her to go. But it's a decision that's been made, and it's something that's out of my control. What's that old saying, "give me the will to change the things I can, the strength to cope with the things I can't, and the wisdom to know the difference."

I know it's something that can't change now, and I can be sad about it and move forward. But I’m not going to let it cloud my judgment and my vision. That just doesn't make sense to me. And raising holy hell about it and just ripping you and the franchise to pieces about it in posts is absurd, at least to me.

You don't have to have a public blog, you don't have to interact with fans, and you certainly don't have to take the time to sit down and answer questions. I for one am more than appreciative that you take the time to do that. It's beyond bad taste in my view, the way some have chosen to voice themselves.

As you read your blog comments from day to day, I don't know how you could avoid feeling a bit pis... annoyed at that, and perhaps a bit discouraged on the outlook of things to come.

I guess what I wanted to say is that there are many many many fans out there who are very appreciative of what you take the time to do here. And equally as many of who are very excited about the upcoming season of Atlantis.

Perhaps you don't hear from us as much as you should because we don't have occasion to b*tch and moan to you. But nonetheless I assure you, we're out there.

As I said, while I’m sad at the departure of Torri and Paul I can cope with things, grieve, and move forward. I'm excited about Amanda coming on board, I love the story ideas coming in season 4, and am very hopeful for the future.

So thank you, and thanks to the cast and crew for putting up with all the heat. And thanks for making a great show for us and keeping us entertained."

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                    *waves* you're not the only one to read his blog everyday, it's nice to have a 'cupa Joe' in the morning before work

Ooh while i'm here you might want to change the pic in your first post, as i'm sure he wouldn't want fans to see him with a smile on his face as he's got a reputation as villain to maintain.
                    You're right! I'll post some evil-er ones to make up for it

Spoiler:

Originally posted by MaeveBran View Post
                    My day is not complete with out a trip over to Joe's blog. He makes me smile. I love his resteraunt reviews. (The hubby and I are going to Vancouver BC in August and plan to sample some of that delicious food Joe keeps showing off.)
                    His taste in food is amazing. He's really adventurous. I'm happy with plain old macaroni cheese but he inspired me to try new stuff

Thanks for replying guys I don't have so many abandonment issues now

Comment

Originally posted by DJgirl View Post
                      I know which blog you are talking about, but where do I find it? I usually just hear about his blogs elsewhere in these threads

I told you I would check this place out firefly. If I had green to give, you would get some. Hopefully tomorrow when the ban lifts
                      His blog is here

And thanks DJgirl

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
                      I really appreciate that Joe takes the time to answer fan's questions and let us in on the behind the scenes stuff.

When I'm away from the computer during the evening, I'm always worried that I'll miss his blog entry for the day.
                      When I wake up every morning the first thing I do is check out the blog (I'm planning on getting one of these 'lives' one day, I promise...)

I love the fact that even though some people hassle him and stuff he still responds in a (usually ) respectful and polite way. Failing that, sarcasm always works

Comment

You're right! I'll post some evil-er ones to make up for it

Spoiler:

His taste in food is amazing. He's really adventurous. I'm happy with plain old macaroni cheese but he inspired me to try new stuff

Thanks for replying guys I don't have so many abandonment issues now
                        Much better hon, you've done a marvellous job of capturing his evil side

the food does look yummy, I have to say and it even makes me want to change my mind from my boring old ham sarnies

I agree he really does make an effort to answer our posts, when he really doesn't have to. And it is appreciated.
                        Last edited by Pegasus_SGA; 26 May 2007, 02:40 PM. Reason: My 'p' keeps sticking. grrr

Comment

His blog is here

And thanks DJgirl

When I wake up every morning the first thing I do is check out the blog (I'm planning on getting one of these 'lives' one day, I promise...)

I love the fact that even though some people hassle him and stuff he still responds in a (usually ) respectful and polite way. Failing that, sarcasm always works
                          Thanks Maeve and firefly for giving me the link. I am soooooo excited to be in the loop now
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by me

Comment

First thing I do on a morning is check JM's blog even before I grab a cup of coffee (and that shows how much I enjoy it, I am not a morning person and coffee is very important to me!!)

He supplies us with some fantastic spoilers to keep us squeeing and the fact that he takes the time to post everyday and answer peoples questions shows his dedication and I appreciate the effort he makes.

Oh and the food stuff is not bad either except when he posts pics of chocolate and I feel myself craving a sugar rush at 8.00am

JM Rocks!

Comment

Hey Listy!
                              You're welcome DJgirl

Comment

Working...
                              X